View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Next Season 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Next Season
simpleminds wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Jango makes some interesting points.

I think extra maidens wont really work but I do like the idea of new trainers (first season) in the window racing their new horses in the hcps - that does make sense!
I think it could be open to new trainers who start at week one to run in hcp races for any new horses they upload in the window.
Of course any experienced trainer goes through the normal procedure of entering in maidens and G2 and G3 races.

Sorry I disagree with you Doug :lol: if I got a sprinter that has been running since week 1 and got a rating of Say 90 and gets beat by a unraced 75 In the Wokingham Handicap I wouldn't be a happy chappie :lol:

Gray

Well my 55 rated sprinter could also beat your 90 rated sprinter as well. But I think the reality is that someone uploading thru the window is probably going to have 45 rated sprinters after a few weeks. The only exceptions would be Martin who had over a season of calling races and getting to understand how to get his breeding going like a small rocket and probably Jango who has researched breeding for the league. Most new trainers come in cold from their single player game and then get whipped :-)

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Group 1 winner

the problem is the races are structured in a way that you have to play a full season i joined in week 2 this season and found it hard to get a run into all my horses,but i knew this when joining.If you look in the trainers table the more success you have the less runs u get ie pj top trainer 160 runs jim 166, josh 171,mid tier trainers have over 200 thats 40 more than pj,but it works and it works well i think if we mess with it it will throw it out of balance,perhaps some race with conditions 5 or less winners 10 or less ect.because if i have a horse rated below 110 its going in a hcapp because i want to maximise my win potential selfish yes but thats human nature.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:57 pm
Group 3 winner

Good idea, conditions race might work, Steve.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 pm
Group 1 winner

I also think we have to remember just how many new trainers start their stable in the window - this season it was just Jango - usually it would be no more than 3 trainers at best.

I think for the rest of us uploading new horses in the window it is just business as usual.

At the end of the day there is always a hard luck story - it could be that new trainer has G1 horses in hcps or it's Steve with a good horse that's rated 110 and he runs it in a hcp.

I just think it's highly unlikely a new trainer is going to upload Group standard horses.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:12 pm
Group 1 winner

yes doug its very much a baptism of fire as it was for all of us that 20 g1 winning unbeatable ingame superhorse tails off in the first week maidens,but one thing that has been evident this season is horse management a lot of the rookies have really grasped this and its been good to see.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:26 pm
Group 1 winner

the only other thing i can suggest is some newcommer/rookie races in week 1 & 2 ie new trainers and trainers from prev season who had less than 5 wins and sirrius h/capps them as if it was a 0-80 or along them lines,you would only need 3 or 4 races 6f,1m,1m2f,1m4f perhaps they can be incorprated in the first 2 weeks?

Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:32 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
yes doug its very much a baptism of fire as it was for all of us that 20 g1 winning unbeatable ingame superhorse tails off in the first week maidens,but one thing that has been evident this season is horse management a lot of the rookies have really grasped this and its been good to see.

I also did a bit of emailing to the new trainers within the first five weeks of the season and gave them some tips on moving forward. Not sure if that helped but a few of them are still entering horses so hopefully that is a positive.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:29 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
the only other thing i can suggest is some newcommer/rookie races in week 1 & 2 ie new trainers and trainers from prev season who had less than 5 wins and sirrius h/capps them as if it was a 0-80 or along them lines,you would only need 3 or 4 races 6f,1m,1m2f,1m4f perhaps they can be incorprated in the first 2 weeks?

This is the reason why Martin suggested and Gray implemented running the Dubai carnival in week one so it gave the big trainers and the up and coming trainers a chance to test their new horses and or win some big races straight off the bat and kept a fair few good horses out of the maidens so some of the maidens weren't as red hot as previous seasons.
It was also Martin's idea to run all those maidens on tracks with long straights or roomy tracks with only one bend to get fairer results.

I have some other stats i will post up soon as well that hopefully makes the picture a little clearer.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:36 pm
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
jalupen wrote:

I also did a bit of emailing to the new trainers within the first five weeks of the season and gave them some tips on moving forward. Not sure if that helped but a few of them are still entering horses so hopefully that is a positive.

I'd welcome any advice on race management!
I have 6 horses rated over 80 and only 1 win so far.
Maybe a good topic for a new post. :!:

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:45 pm
Group 1 winner

i suggest the easier tracks back in so5 but no one listened as for dubai the majority of race are 4yo up which doesnt make an impact on the maidens especially as the stable size was increased to 25 ,dont take this as a critisism cos its not just stating that the only races really affected were the sprint races.even then maidens were won by the usual suspects

Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Here is a break down of Group and Hcp races from last season.

There where

106 G1 races.
32 G2 races
30 G3 races
31 Listed races
39 0-110 hcps
49 0-100 hcps
54 0-90 hcps
24 0-85 hcps
15 0-80 hcps
44 0-70 hcps
2 0-65 hcps

After the first season in SO6 the Group and Listed races were the same but there were a lot less low rated hcp races. I think i was one of the more vocal members wanting more low rated races and thankfully Gray came on board and each season since then there have been more lower rated races included.

We also have to remember that this season with my suggesting and Gray implementing a lot of new Aussie G1s - I don't have the scribbled notes here at home to quote from but probably another extra 20 G1 races are included this season.
As i have stated before - I'd like to remove some of those new G1s for next season and replace them with some lower rated races.
I think it's fair to say that as a group, the flat trainers at least are shaped like a triangle - a lot of trainers down the bottom and not as many near the pointy end.
Another of Martin's ideas that was implemented was the double entry of certain races - there were some critics of the idea and it took a few weeks for even myself to catch on but i think it's safe to say that it has been a success and it could well be expanded to more flat races and I think Gray is thinking of doing to for the hunt which sounds like a good idea.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:00 pm
Group 1 winner

i say the 4yo up cos its only worth uploading 4 1m 1m1f 1m2f 1m4f and the likelyhood is 2 or 3 get binned in week 5 cos they cant normally compete with the 3yos however that trend seems to have changed in the juddmonte where 3 of the first 4 were 4yos which confused me a little

if anyone needs help breeding or if i can be useful in any other way e-mail me at stephendotrann1atbtinternetdotcom my prices are very reasonable

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:01 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
i suggest the easier tracks back in so5 but no one listened as for dubai the majority of race are 4yo up which doesnt make an impact on the maidens especially as the stable size was increased to 25 ,dont take this as a critisism cos its not just stating that the only races really affected were the sprint races.even then maidens were won by the usual suspects

Yes - that is true - a lot of the usual suspects where winning but for some but not all maidens - they weren't as crazy.

In the first week (if it is possible) to maybe sneak in the Magic Millions G1 2yo race and the AJC Derby and Oaks?????

The VRC in Australia are going to install and new multi million dollar G1 2yo race either this year or next which will be ongoing so maybe that could be an option in the future to be included in the first weeks racing????

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
jalupen wrote:

I'd welcome any advice on race management!
I have 6 horses rated over 80 and only 1 win so far.
Maybe a good topic for a new post. :!:

My advice is don't enter races where you are the top weight or close to it - leave a bit of room so your lighter weight can come into play. So if your horse is rated 85 I'd start is in 0-100 races - I'd avoid 0-110 unless you're feeling really confident or the top weighted horses in the race are rated near 100.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:14 pm
Group 1 winner

this is going to sound really sad but here goes when i was a lower tier trainer i used to keep my league horses rating updated in ck then run it against the horses that never made the league team who were all off 75,then run a few races over the trip/track/going for the upcoming race i was targeting it very good for hcapps no more than 12 to 14 runners though as it gets a bit messy.still do it now problem is i do it with new breeds and the league horse gets beat 9/10 times hope this makes sense ?

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3