View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Next Season 
Group 1 winner

Post Next Season
I Guess work has already begun on next season stables if you have any questions please post her no arguments
please

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Next Season
My Main questions are

Are we going to have multiple runners in races like the Derby & Guineas
is this rule going to be kept or scrapped.

Are we sticking with the 25 horse stable size how do people feel that has
worked out.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

i really like the way the 2 per stable has worked it runs perfectly with the 25 in the stable maybe a few more hcapps with 2 runners but on straight courses ie not goodwood up to a mile or the more open tracks

Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:48 pm
Group 2 winner

I saw a race, think it was week 7 race 13. It was a G2 race but had a max h'cap of 110. I only noticed the race because I ran it.

I wonder if we need more races with max h'caps of 100 that are Group races and have some decent prize money. Most low level h'caps have about £15,000 as prize money, but this G2 race had £80,000 prize money.

Horses with low to mid level h'caps could then win group races without competing against the big boys and maybe if the races had decent prize money, it will give a boost in prize money to the trainers with these lower level horses.

Maybe it is just me, but if my horse won a group race, even if it was at a lower level, it would be a nice boost to morale.

Also, if we are going to have races with two entries per trainer, these types of races would be ideal.

Jim

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 pm
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
My Main questions are

Are we going to have multiple runners in races like the Derby & Guineas
is this rule going to be kept or scrapped.

Are we sticking with the 25 horse stable size how do people feel that has
worked out.

I voiced strong opinions against multiple runners, but when I reflect on this topic, it was probably more because I did not know anything about the rule before I uploaded my stable and felt I was at a disadvantage. If we are going to have multiple runners, it should be stated clearly in the league rules and maybe Gray could sticky a list of races with multiple runners before trainers have to upload their horses. That way you could plan your stable better.

You definately need a stable of 25 if there is going to be multiple runners, but there was a suggestion that 5 of these places should be for returning horses. I am against reserving places specifically for returning horses. Every trainer should be able to use his\her 25 spaces as they wish.

Jim

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:09 pm
Group 1 winner

I think everything is running smoothly so why does anything need changing, more runners in all the races and they look better and more competitive . I think the new game is where everything changes because I see the ttf's have gone , it will be a lot more competitive with a lot more trainers having a shot at winning the big races.

Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:26 pm
Group 1 winner

We will discuss now I am in favour of two runners in races Ascot Proved this is a good thing and the extra Slots I think helped out we didn't really have small fields and this season although one or two low level handicap staying handicaps have we have not altered anything like higher the rating of a Race I am planning on allowing more 2 runner races in the hunt but have no plans in any Novice events just Handicaps and some grade races and will open up some Cheltenham and Aintree big races to 2 runners..

At the moment I don't have a plan for UK Classic for two runners yet Paul but can be discussed in a polite manner I will need to set some Rules and limit field sizes Goodwood Mile Handicap showed some courses cant take big fields this week so I might cut that race to a field Limit of 26. But like Stephen pointed out not good to start it on a bend.

I will write out some rules and have it pinned once everyone is happy The Derby, Oaks will have a limit of 20 the Dubai World Cup and Breeders cup the same but I think we can have a look at Newmarket Guineas up to 24 and I will look at the St Leger to 24.

Just one more thing stable on the flat was upped to 25 due to the amount of trainers in the league if we get a big serge of Trainers we might cut back to 20 in the future.

Gray

Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Hi all.

Gray - If we keep stable size to 25 next season - I propose to cut the Aussie G1s by 50% and turn them into hcp races next season but keep them on Australian tracks. For example I don't mean by making the TJ Smith Stakes a 0-80 G1 - I would like to scrap the TJ Smith altogether and make it the Gray's Budgies 0-80 hcp at Randwick. (as an example)
I think this could work in two ways - first there are more hcp races for the lower trainers and secondly you could open up more Group races to 2 entries per trainer so the bigger trainers can still enter maximum horses each week. It 'may' also make some of the G1 races very high in class and very competitive in standard.

IF we have a high turn out in trainers and back to 20 in stable size, I would like to keep/reintroduce all those Aussie G1 races as I initially had planned these extra Aussie races on a 20 horse stable limit with the idea of stretching the big stables capacities in the big races and 'hopefully' allowing some mid tier trainers to pick up some Group races and 'maybe' some lower trainers picking up a Listed race.

If we cut half the Aussie G1s to hcps then we could discuss the idea to only field 37 flat races per week and keep a spare slot handy incase we get a race like last week where we had 31 runners - this way we could split the race in half and have two heats and use that spare slot?

Quote:
Maybe it is just me, but if my horse won a group race, even if it was at a lower level, it would be a nice boost to morale.

I have thought about this quite a lot over the past few seasons as a lower trainer and although a Group win would be nice it also doesn't feel solid because in reality my horse is no Group horse. I am not unopposed to the idea though and I think out of respect we should not down grade actually real life races but to make up our own race names.
In Australia we have a lot of 'Cup' races, the most famous being the Melbourne Cup but most country town race meetings have their own Cup race and it is their most prestigious race for the year and they are either hcps or special condition races. We could have the Starters Orders Gold Cup worth $200,000 and it's a 0-90 race for example or it could be open to trainers who have had a maximum of 3 wins for the season to date etc with multiple entries per trainer????? I think you all get the idea where I am coming from.

One last thought for the first week maidens.
I think Martin's idea of running them all on tracks with a lot of room or very long straights was a great and successful idea.
I would like to request that in the first week if we could run some 5 and 6 furlong maidens down the Flemington straight and to take advantage of Gray's customised Flemington 6f start.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:27 am
Group 2 winner

NPG319 wrote:

I have thought about this quite a lot over the past few seasons as a lower trainer and although a Group win would be nice it also doesn't feel solid because in reality my horse is no Group horse. I am not unopposed to the idea though and I think out of respect we should not down grade actually real life races but to make up our own race names.
In Australia we have a lot of 'Cup' races, the most famous being the Melbourne Cup but most country town race meetings have their own Cup race and it is their most prestigious race for the year and they are either hcps or special condition races. We could have the Starters Orders Gold Cup worth $200,000 and it's a 0-90 race for example or it could be open to trainers who have had a maximum of 3 wins for the season to date etc with multiple entries per trainer????? I think you all get the idea where I am coming from.

I think your idea of "cup" races addresses the idea that I was trying to suggest which was more big money races for the lower handicap trainers. Maybe one race worth £100,000 each week. The races could be over the more common\popular distances like 6f, 8f and 10f on a rotation basis. These distances would draw the biggest fields.

There are plenty of big money Group races, but very few big money lower tier races.

Giving them our own made up names would be a fine idea.

If as you suggest, some of the Aussie races are downgraded, perhaps we could replace some of them with these races, e.g. The Alice Springs Mile Cup, 0-100 h'cap, with a prize fund of £100,000. I don't know the names of many Aussie towns, but perhaps you could supply Gray with a suitable list.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:40 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I think your idea of "cup" races addresses the idea that I was trying to suggest which was more big money races for the lower handicap trainers. Maybe one race worth £100,000 each week. The races could be over the more common\popular distances like 6f, 8f and 10f on a rotation basis. These distances would draw the biggest fields.

There are plenty of big money Group races, but very few big money lower tier races.

If as you suggest, some of the Aussie races are downgraded, perhaps we could replace some of them with these races, e.g. The Alice Springs Mile Cup, 0-100 h'cap, with a prize fund of £100,000. I don't know the names of many Aussie towns, but perhaps you could supply Gray with a suitable list.

Totally agree and easily done!
Alice Springs may have a Cup race but Darwin 100% does and in reality it probably would only be a 0-90 or 0-100 race.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:35 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Quote:

Alice Springs may have a Cup race but Darwin 100% does and in reality it probably would only be a 0-90 or 0-100 race.

Whats the odds of that, they are two of the three race courses I follow in Oz along with broome. I follow them because they are all dirt racing and I have all the big races already in my game. :D :D And both have real life cups Springs( pioneer park) +Darwin ( Fannie Bay)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:45 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Quote:

Whats the odds of that, they are two of the three race courses I follow in Oz along with broome. I follow them because they are all dirt racing and I have all the big races already in my game. :D :D And both have real life cups Springs( pioneer park) +Darwin ( Fannie Bay)

Can your tracks be used in the racekit?

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:01 am
Group 3 winner

Broome could be, one of the best courses I made but the finish line has gone crazy and I would need gray to have a look at it because I went on the editor last night and I haven't a clue how to use it now. I would need to see if Alice Springs could run league races, I don't think it's big enough and Darwin could/ should be able to I would think.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:19 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Broome could be, one of the best courses I made but the finish line has gone crazy and I would need gray to have a look at it because I went on the editor last night and I haven't a clue how to use it now. I would need to see if Alice Springs could run league races, I don't think it's big enough and Darwin could/ should be able to I would think.

Roll with the Darwin track :-)

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:34 am
Group 1 winner

Hi Guys just a heads up I have no plans in any big change to the flat Schedule for next Season as I am going to go through the jumps in the off season adding some races Hunter Chases and 4m plus races if I change anything on the flat it will be small changes.

Gray

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next