View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The New Touch Game. 
Group 1 winner

Post The New Touch Game.
Has anyone tried the new game So Touch , it suppose to be So8 without the 3 D engine and without a few other things.

I downloaded the Demo and im not sure i like it , i think its step backwards to me.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:44 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: The New Touch Game.
ghostzapper74 wrote:
Has anyone tried the new game So Touch , it suppose to be So8 without the 3 D engine and without a few other things.

I downloaded the Demo and im not sure i like it , i think its step backwards to me.

I don't like it. The new icon based menus are very annoying and not user friendly. Also the schedule is the same one from years ago, not even the fairly new Royal Ascot races have been added.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I see this game a bit like Football Manager ( my opinion ) in its a stats based game and im not sure taking the bars away( if that what happens) is a good thing . Im sure the schedule will be easy to mend/mess around with. The main page has to much going on for my liking, i suppose some people will love it and others not. We'll see what the main game turns out like when it comes out.

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:53 pm
Group 3 winner

Downloaded the demo, installed, ran and.............. what the !!! Well positives, looks looks an app (my mouse didn't like it) found myself wanting to touch my monitor (Just realised that's why it's called touch duh). OK this is just the demo so maybe a lot is missing.

Where are the stats! Where do I do anything :lol: .

Not liking the race entry system at all and at this point I uninstalled the demo without even having a race. Will see what the PC version is like before fully deciding but my first thought was can we change the UI back as an option?

Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:24 am
Group 1 winner

dragontrainer wrote:
Downloaded the demo, installed, ran and.............. what the !!! Well positives, looks looks an app (my mouse didn't like it) found myself wanting to touch my monitor (Just realised that's why it's called touch duh). OK this is just the demo so maybe a lot is missing.

Where are the stats! Where do I do anything :lol: .

Not liking the race entry system at all and at this point I uninstalled the demo without even having a race. Will see what the PC version is like before fully deciding but my first thought was can we change the UI back as an option?

What makes games like Football Manager/ All the EA games are the stats, if they just had a overall number for a player then i think they would be rather boring and people would soon stop playing them. I didn't even know about this game until thursday when it popped up on Facebook and i read through the comments and Mark said a couple of times that its SO8 without the 3D engine and a few other things . I ran the US game( like i would :lol: ) and i noticed the course Vancouver which was 5 furlongs is actually called Hastings and is 5 furlongs in real life so perhaps little things like that are correct this time.

If it does turn out to be a star based game then i don't think that's enough information to keep people engrossed in the game.

Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:49 am
Handicapper

I gave it a go, not sure I like though, too many pop ups telling you who is the new top jockey, top trainer, top horse is etc. Not sure if I can switch them off.
Bit confusing at first finding your way around the menus and when I tried to select races by distance eg 3m4f for jumps it gave me 2m and 2m1f races.
Early days but I'll see how it goes, can't say I'm too excited though.

Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:45 pm
Group 3 winner

davylad wrote:
I gave it a go, not sure I like though, too many pop ups telling you who is the new top jockey, top trainer, top horse is etc. Not sure if I can switch them off.
Bit confusing at first finding your way around the menus and when I tried to select races by distance eg 3m4f for jumps it gave me 2m and 2m1f races.
Early days but I'll see how it goes, can't say I'm too excited though.

It has a feel of a mobile game, I suppose that's where the money is . I think the home page is very messy, what happens if u have 50 to a 100 horses in barn. Will u be scrolling down forever.

Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:51 pm
Group 3 winner

ghosty wrote:
I think the home page is very messy, what happens if u have 50 to a 100 horses in barn. Will u be scrolling down forever.

That's the scary part. I like to train 250+ and breed 300+ per year.

Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:37 am
Group 1 winner

I had a brief play around. I don't think this is suitable for league players. Need to wait for SO8

Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:45 am
Group 3 winner

leonvr wrote:
I had a brief play around. I don't think this is suitable for league players. Need to wait for SO8

Leon I noticed this game when it popped up on Facebook and people were asking Mark questions and he said this will be SO8 but with SO7 3 D engine and a few other things. Even if u don't play the game for the league it will be a lot harder for the casual players. League players kind of knows how to bred good horses without the bars but casual players would find it a lot tougher. I think Mark needs to have a long hard look at that star system , I think it shortens thd life of the game. Just my opinion.

Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]