View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Random Chance Or Does The US Game Produce Better Horses 
Group 2 winner

Post Random Chance Or Does The US Game Produce Better Horses
My flat horses had reached a level where I felt I could not improve them any further by just breeding them with one another. So I decided to look for a Gamebred horse to try and improve my horses.

I Started a new UK game and imported 10 mares and 2 stallions and sent them to the breeding barn. I bred these horses with every decent looking breeding barn horse and visited every auction for 20 seasons and did not find or breed any horse I thought could improve my breeding lines. I must admit, I was feeling a little frustrated at this lack of success.

I decided to try a US game to see if that produced better results.

Within 2 hours and 9 seasons later I had bred a colt from a breeding barn stallion that looked like it could improve my breeding lines.

My existing 2yo horses peaked at 90% potential, but this colt I had bred peaked at 93% potential. Not a huge difference, but enough.

It took about a weeks worth of breeding until I had bred this extra 3% into all the different flat distances and I could see that my horses were significantly faster.

I decided to try a US game again to look for a further improvement.

It only took about 90 minutes and 7 seasons of breeding with the stallions in the barn to produce another colt whose 2yo potential was another 2% better.

Because this new colt was a sprinter, I have only bred this 2% increase into my sprinters at the moment, but these new sprinters, that are 5% better as both 2yo and 3yo than the horses I had originally, are about 3 lengths faster than the horses I uploaded to the league this season.

So was it just random chance that a weeks worth of breeding in a UK game produced nothing and a few hours of breeding in a US game produced two improvements in my horses.

Jim

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Random Chance Or Does The US Game Produce Better Horses
Depends on how they trail Jim

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Depends on how they trail Jim

In the CK, the latest batch of sprinters are at least 3 lengths faster than my previous horses.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:04 pm
Group 1 winner

i think the US game is good for sprinters though i tend to play all countries the AUS game is better for distance horses,most of my distance runners come from an OZ gamebred who had 50% potential 85% cruising it took a while to build potential and keep the cruising but i think there is a slight bias

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:12 pm
Group 1 winner

Yep excellent for sprinters and if you can cross with your Middle distance horses to add cruising burst

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

This one of the new sprinters and how he did in the CK compared to the two sprinters I uploaded to the league, Bulldog Star Boy and Quillers Pride Girl. Both of these horses have had success in the league.

I have horses with better cruising burst that I will try to breed into the lines later.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:49 pm
Group 1 winner

US game produces high potential horses we discussed the some time back. I maxed mine at 3yo from US breeding. Plan to go back to max my 2yo’s

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:01 pm
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
US game produces high potential horses we discussed the some time back. I maxed mine at 3yo from US breeding. Plan to go back to max my 2yo’s

I must have missed that discussion when it took place. I have just maxed out my 3yo just now. The 3yo horses I uploaded to the league were only 95% potential.

For those who did not know, it does no harm to repeat the fact that the US game is best for maxing out potential and it was so easy to do, it only took a couple of hours to breed these horses.

The whole idea of this thread was to share something I had just discovered and not to keep it a secret just for myself.

And Steve says above that AUS is best for distance horses, this I did not know either.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Same as mine, I did not get it done until after week 5

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:19 am
Group 1 winner

John I think discovered it first and got a full potential 2yo, then paul did the same. My 95% came from there I went back more recently to max. The post is on the general forum somewhere. Not found more than 79% cruising yet, but I agree potential is pretty easy in the US game.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:28 am
Group 2 winner

I think I do vauguely remember John posting about a full potential 2yo but I must confess, since my heart attack about 5 months ago, my memory has not been so good. Don't know if it was lack of blood\oxygen to the brain or just old age creeping up on me.

I play a lot of golf and a few months ago if you asked me what my score was a fortnight ago, I could tell you. Now I struggle to remember the score two days ago.

I suppose we all have this comming to us eventually.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:17 am
Group 1 winner

I Have still never found one (Full bar 2yo) i know they exist

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]