View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:03 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Realism 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Realism
I dont think there is ever an excuse to start name calling IMO
Thuderspark stressed an opinion something that puzzled him
I cant see what he did wrong merely said he did not agree with one
of the new rules which Gray explained to him.

I have no idea what Snowflake means come on were
not a bunch of kids on the playground please keep to the topic and respect
each other it really isn't alot to ask for.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:44 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

No idea what a snowflake is, perhaps one lost on us brits or just this brit in particular, but I doubt it was intended to be as insulting as it has been received. And having gone from 2 wins in my first season and now up to 95 in my forth, I can understand both the frustration of being in the lower tier and the desire to reap what you have sown at the top.

We are never going to retain every new joiner, too many instant gratification gamers out there, but for me player retention is as much about players who show their passion for the league by wanting to make changes and tweaks to the rules and schedule as it is those who show their passion for the league in sharing their knowledge and information of how to improve which adds to the quality and experience and gives the likes of me the push to crawl up to the top.

Some changes are good, some bad, just as some of the breeding methods offered up are. But I do not see a league that is failing in general, I see a group of people who care about it, want it to grow, want it too suceed and also importantly want to suceed within it. Most of these little tiffs we have (no pun intented) just underline that sentiment for me. So maybe we should all just SiriusChill.

And if anyone wants to pick my brains on breeding, training etc. such as they are, feel free to leave a email here and I'll be happy to get in touch.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:45 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
No idea what a snowflake is, perhaps one lost on us brits or just this brit in particular, but I doubt it was intended to be as insulting as it has been received. And having gone from 2 wins in my first season and now up to 95 in my forth, I can understand both the frustration of being in the lower tier and the desire to reap what you have sown at the top.

We are never going to retain every new joiner, too many instant gratification gamers out there, but for me player retention is as much about players who show their passion for the league by wanting to make changes and tweaks to the rules and schedule as it is those who show their passion for the league in sharing their knowledge and information of how to improve which adds to the quality and experience and gives the likes of me the push to crawl up to the top.

Some changes are good, some bad, just as some of the breeding methods offered up are. But I do not see a league that is failing in general, I see a group of people who care about it, want it to grow, want it too suceed and also importantly want to suceed within it. Most of these little tiffs we have (no pun intented) just underline that sentiment for me. So maybe we should all just SiriusChill.

And if anyone wants to pick my brains on breeding, training etc. such as they are, feel free to leave a email here and I'll be happy to get in touch.

well said

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I dont think there is ever an excuse to start name calling IMO
Thuderspark stressed an opinion something that puzzled him
I cant see what he did wrong merely said he did not agree with one
of the new rules which Gray explained to him.

I have no idea what Snowflake means come on were
not a bunch of kids on the playground please keep to the topic and respect
each other it really isn't alot to ask for.

There was nothing wrong with Thunder's open question.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:04 am
Group 1 winner

The alt-right dip sticks that think Donald Trump is their savior (Their hero is soon to be swallowed up by his crimes) adopted the snowflake insult as their go to insult for liberal leaning persons and anyone else who doesn't go along with their very obvious racist nationalist agenda. I've been called a snowflake so many times now that I'm used to it. It's passe at this point.

Thunder has never struck me as one who leans that way. He seems quite intelligent. I am just surprised he uses that hackey insult. Anyways it's no biggie. Just as long as it's known that I am in favor of a few 100 limit group 1's each season this petty squabble is easily forgotten.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:10 am
Group 1 winner

What I find strange, is that people who use the ttf to in-breed/cross breed, the same 5 mares, 1 stallion, 25 times over, do not find the same hollowness in winning a G1 as a lower trainer would in a capped G race, when they have used a method that obviously is just as corrupt as changing a G1 to a handicap.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 am
Group 1 winner

I use tff files, can't say if it is cheating or not, but the only real advantage it gives is the chance to go around again and maximise your best potential, it does not actually change the game mechanics, and fundamnetally if you don't use them you can still breed a monster, it just takes a little longer. No idea if it is done in real horse breeding, but artificial insemination does much the same in the real world I think?.

So I do not find the wins hollow, mostly I see them are hard earned, and like John I pretty much see that for all wins any class.

5 to 1 is a bad ratio with the lineage rules in the league, needs a lot more than that, I have a breeding stock of at least 15 colts per stable and always cap at 100. Tff files are also so widely used within the league, I do not think we are going to get that genie back in the bottle any time soon. And I would not get carried away by the short schedules either, personally I think that would do more harm than good, even though it also just saves time.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:30 am
Group 2 winner

AI is not allowed in the breeding of racehorses in real life.
The reason it is illegal is due to the very real danger that it will lead to a lack of diversity in the gene pool.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:54 am
Group 1 winner

AI is stringently prohibited in real racing a stallion has to physically cover a mare
there has been alot of debate over that and even cloning horses.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:05 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Always learning something. Ok then but we are still not going to stop it’s useage, and if we did unless half the league deleted everything it would only help maintain the current divisions.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:17 pm
Group 3 winner

No matter how new and existing trainers are catered for, one constant remains....

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:18 pm
Handicapper

G1s always open
G2s sometimes max. 110-120 to keep the G1 horses out and let them only enter the G1 (best case there is a G1 on the same weeken)
G3s sometimes max, 100-110

Maybe such races sholud be on the same week, this would lead the horses into the right races without a G1 horse going for the easier G2 or G3.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:21 pm
Group 1 winner

I am a brit and I know what snowflake means and it is to insult left leaning or Liberal people who are offended by, Racist, Homosexual comments. People if you watch the pledge as I do on SKY you get the right Wing Nick Ferrari and Caroline Malone call people Snowflakes all the time to people who Moan about Brexit and anyone who is offended easily in American it Means nearly the same.

Gray

P.S

Snowflake is Banned Snowflaker callers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:

P.S

Snowflake is Banned Snowflaker callers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't promise it wont be in a comm :wink:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Always learning something. Ok then but we are still not going to stop it’s useage, and if we did unless half the league deleted everything it would only help maintain the current divisions.

SO6 is what it is. I'm looking forward to SO7.

As i said - there is one league but it is split in half.
To a non ttf trainer - a Listed win = a G1 or the odd G3 is in reach if it is over looked.

The hunt is another story - i think that is even a mystery to most trainers.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:50 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next