View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Realism 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Realism
Anadin wrote:
simpleminds wrote:

P.S

Snowflake is Banned Snowflaker callers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't promise it wont be in a comm :wink:

lol :)

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:50 pm
Group 3 winner

simpleminds wrote:
I am a brit and I know what snowflake means and it is to insult left leaning or Liberal people who are offended by, Racist, Homosexual comments. People if you watch the pledge as I do on SKY you get the right Wing Nick Ferrari and Caroline Malone call people Snowflakes all the time to people who Moan about Brexit and anyone who is offended easily in American it Means nearly the same.

Gray

P.S

Snowflake is Banned Snowflaker callers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

El Presedente u haven't got time to be slacking off and watching TV u have a jumps schedule to do otherwise there could be a revolution. :lol:

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:25 pm
Group 2 winner

I have never been a big fan of realism in SO6. I think of it as a game.

The only criteria I look for is:

Is there 15 - 18 races a week at the appropriate level that I can enter my horses with say a 5-10% chance of winning and a 15-20% chance of finishing in the top 5.

If I had to vote on this, I would agree with what Doug and a few others have said and that is having a 100 max rated G1 devalues a G1. If you win a G1, you want to feel as if you have earned it. I would rather see a race called the Fred Flintstone 0-100 mile race with a prize fund of £1,000,000.

In these max rated G1 races all horses would run off level weights and that would always favour the 90-100 horses and the lesser horses would be long odds outsiders. We need handicap races that give lesser horses an equal chance.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:28 pm
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:

Mate. I am pretty sure that most in here would find 'snowflake' to be derogatory - in these times we all know what it means.
And you are right - all of us who volunteer spend an awful amount of our own time making things tick over - god knows what hours Gray puts in and the race runners. When Me, Martin and Stu do the review shows I'm awake at stupid past midnight and Martin then spends hours editing it all just so the league has a bit of light banter.
I guess in future if you want to question what time people put into this game/league it best be that you've put your hand up and volunteering to be a race runner.

Tell me what makes snowflake derogatory? Because the word came from Zerohedge. A website dedicated to anti-Wall Street/Anti-establishment news site. The journalist/contributors all have a moniker of Tyler Durden. Tyler is a character in Fight Club. Tyler talks about not everyone being special like a snowflake. Zerohedge is what made the word popular. So what do you think it's meaning is to make it deragotory?

This
Quote:
I guess in future if you want to question what time people put into this game/league it best be that you've put your hand up and volunteering to be a race runner.

shows that you don't know what it means.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:03 pm
Handicapper

SiriusChill wrote:
The alt-right dip sticks that think Donald Trump is their savior (Their hero is soon to be swallowed up by his crimes) adopted the snowflake insult as their go to insult for liberal leaning persons and anyone else who doesn't go along with their very obvious racist nationalist agenda. I've been called a snowflake so many times now that I'm used to it. It's passe at this point.

Thunder has never struck me as one who leans that way. He seems quite intelligent. I am just surprised he uses that hackey insult. Anyways it's no biggie. Just as long as it's known that I am in favor of a few 100 limit group 1's each season this petty squabble is easily forgotten.

You've butchered it's true meaning and now assign it as being racist word. Interesting.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:06 pm
Group 1 winner

thunderspark1 wrote:
Tell me what makes snowflake derogatory? Because the word came from Zerohedge. A website dedicated to anti-Wall Street/Anti-establishment news site. The journalist/contributors all have a moniker of Tyler Durden. Tyler is a character in Fight Club. Tyler talks about not everyone being special like a snowflake. Zerohedge is what made the word popular. So what do you think it's meaning is to make it deragotory?

I think you will find that the term "Snowflake" has been used, well before Fight Club & the word certainly did not come from Zerohedge. (Did you bother looking past wiki?)

Used in the 1800's to describe people who where against abolition of slavery in one incarnation and I guess many more.

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:03 pm
Handicapper

Anadin wrote:

I think you will find that the term "Snowflake" has been used, well before Fight Club & the word certainly did not come from Zerohedge. (Did you bother looking past wiki?)

Who needs wiki when I've been a reader of Zerohedge since 2009 after the market crash.
Quote:
Used in the 1800's to describe people who where against abolition of slavery in one incarnation and I guess many more.

Riiiiggghhht....

Cuz my comment concering about S06 G1 races was obviously about slavery. /s

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:20 pm
Group 1 winner

thunderspark1 wrote:

Riiiiggghhht....

Cuz my comment concering about S06 G1 races was obviously about slavery. /s

thunderspark1 wrote:
You've butchered it's true meaning and now assign it as being racist word. Interesting.

Only pointing out that the word has racist connections from history and some people may find that offensive, in whatever context it was used.

A public forum can be a minefield :|

Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Topic locked before things get out of hand and this is getting us nowhere gents

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:05 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3