View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 trials 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: trials
Race Kit Should only be Used by Race Runners for the league you have a CK to do your trials within your game I know some have attained it but its better to use your CK that's what its for.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:01 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Race Kit Should only be Used by Race Runners for the league you have a CK to do your trials within your game I know some have attained it but its better to use your CK that's what its for.

I agree.

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:

Whats a race kit ? :wink:

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:27 am
Group 1 winner

is not everyone trialing with the CK is trialing in the racekit an advantage?

I have always trialed in the CK never had access to the race kit thought it was for race runners
for the purpose of running races or am i wrong

Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:45 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
is not everyone trialing with the CK is trialing in the racekit an advantage?

I have always trialed in the CK never had access to the race kit thought it was for race runners
for the purpose of running races or am i wrong

I am a racerunner and I only trial in the CK and I am successfull in the league.

I always felt that using the racekit to trial was an unfair advantage, although I am not sure if there is any advantage but as I said, I don't trial using the racekit.

The only reason the racekit was made available was I posted a screenshot that showed a horses form and I was asked how did I make it happen. The racekit made a minor change to the CK in my game that enabled it to record a horses form. I did not post the racekit so that people could use it to trial horses but no matter how good intentioned something is, if there is a way to perhaps gain a possible advantage, someone will take it.

I feel I have opened a can of worms and in hindsight, should not have posted a link to the racekit. If I am still running races when SO7 comes out, I will not
make the recekit openly available. As it is we will have to accept the situation for the final season of SO6.

Jim

Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 am
Group 3 winner

Paul the racekit is the CK, u can just add the race details with it. I've never used it, it gets on my nerves running races with plus if u use it to trial it would take twice as long because u have to add u horses then delete them before the nest set of trials. Will one of the boys show a pic of the racekit so people know what it looks like, im in work so I can't.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:40 am
Group 2 winner

This is what the racekit looked like for Flat Race 1 in week 4. It looks very similiar to the CK. The main difference is that the only horses available for a race are listed down the right side of the screen. These are the exported files you uploaded to TOM, Whereas the CK lets you select any horse you have exported to the CK.

With the racekit for each different race, you have to quit the racekit and delete the horses from the right side of the screen and load up other horses you have exported using the blue CK export button. I suspect that this would become a very long and tedious process.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:28 pm
Group 1 winner

No Advantage plus if you use it and click update with form it can never be reset to show the horse file with no form hence Sirius Picked up a horse that had form and I couldn't reset it.

Gray

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Unlike Jim who has been sweating like a Nunn in a whorehouse since saying he uses the racekit to trial, i’ll just be open and say I use both. For the most part I use the game ck to do a mass trial from say 1000 horse files, once refined and just prior to the league start I do a final re-trial with a small pool of candidate horses on the race kit. I have done this for the last two league seasons.

I am not sure I see any real advantage in this, though obviously that was what I was looking for when doing it, it merely adds another layer of confusion into the equation with another set of different results, and they are no more consistent than the game CK, horses can still go from ultra dominant to ultra awful from one trial to the next. The only real advantage is the form card and the rating, which help my consistency based selection process, plus you can avoid all the scribbling.

I delete the files and then re-export the final team.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

it looks just like the CK ha ha

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

And by way of example, as I just happen to be trialing some 3m hurdlers, ‘Consequence of Stars’ has just gone from top of the pile, to finishing last by many lengths trial after trial after trial. There are only a few new horses in the mix, it is mostly the rest of my 3m team that are destroying him.

As I am so fond of saying it is still mostly just luck at a certain level :)

Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:30 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Unlike Jim who has been sweating like a Nunn in a whorehouse since saying he uses the racekit to trial, i’ll just be open and say I use both. For the most part I use the game ck to do a mass trial from say 1000 horse files, once refined and just prior to the league start I do a final re-trial with a small pool of candidate horses on the race kit. I have done this for the last two league seasons.

I am not sure I see any real advantage in this, though obviously that was what I was looking for when doing it, it merely adds another layer of confusion into the equation with another set of different results, and they are no more consistent than the game CK, horses can still go from ultra dominant to ultra awful from one trial to the next. The only real advantage is the form card and the rating, which help my consistency based selection process, plus you can avoid all the scribbling.

I delete the files and then re-export the final team.

But it uses the same dynamic as the ck and I bet it's the same dynamic as the game, form doesn't translate because the gamebred horses front run and so they are run differently from our CK, I think there is 0 prercent advantage using the race kit and even if there was a advantage i'd never use it. I'm using Hilltop course to trial my flat horses from now on and perhaps running u races on one course could be a disadvantage but i've always wanted to breed and run my horses that way, I think it's more fun by having a base.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:12 pm
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
it looks just like the CK ha ha

Paul it really is!!! The both could do u head in :D I'm starting my trails tonight at my base, im looking forward to my new base but I'm sure it will do my head in :lol:

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:14 pm
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Unlike Jim who has been sweating like a Nunn in a whorehouse since saying he uses the racekit to trial.

What is this comment supposed to mean. I have never used the racekit to trial my horses.

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:22 pm
Selling plater

Yeah it's throwing a tantrum that's the issue :D

Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next