View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Battling Qualities 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Battling Qualities
I think the 'finish application' is more important than BQ.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:57 pm
Group 2 winner

Yeah it's looking that way, I'm convinced it must have an influence however small. Even if you cant keep the 90% going, if there a bits in an about your breeding it would help front runners even getting to 30% instead of the 10. I've done a days worth of breeding with mine, an getting a fair few in the 30s regularly. I'm convinced there's a way to make it more probable you still get above that 10% that seems to be standard into your league horses occasionally, think even that would help.

I'm never one to back away from a challenge :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vinny

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:03 pm
Group 1 winner

More we all move to the same looking horses, more small margins will come into play. Have zero intention of going there myself but if you have the time and inclination, it may be a difference maker, maybe.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:07 pm
Group 1 winner

I'll repeat...

Quote:
If two horses of equal stats are racing head and head in the stretch but with one having better BQ that BQ horse will most likely out fight the other. BQ seems to only come in play when horses are head and head in the stretch.

I'm sure this is where this stat comes into play. You can see it happen in the races.

I'll also add if you are looking for game horses in the breeding shed who should have battling Qualities higher than 10% look at their formcard and look for the comments "Battled back" and "gamely".

Thinking about it. Battling Qualities are probably most effective with front runners when they have a horse run up to them in the stretch.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:22 pm
Group 3 winner

From the testing i have done with BQ i noticed one major effect was on Stamina.

For example, if i had a 6f horse with 80% BQ he seemed to run easily without fading at 8f +.
So a horse with 66% stamina that has the 100% vertical speed can run with the horses that have 88% stamina but can only have a max of 77% vertical speed (thats the most ive ever seen anyway).
As others have commented its hard work to maintain so i never had any horses ready for this season, but if there is another SO6 then i will be working on them.
I focused alot on enthusiasm and confidence for this season, will see if it was worth it.
Note that Enthusiasm and Jump Speed are paired, always the same %.

Cheers

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:47 am
Group 2 winner

Jango wrote:
From the testing i have done with BQ i noticed one major effect was on Stamina.

For example, if i had a 6f horse with 80% BQ he seemed to run easily without fading at 8f +.
So a horse with 66% stamina that has the 100% vertical speed can run with the horses that have 88% stamina but can only have a max of 77% vertical speed (thats the most ive ever seen anyway).
As others have commented its hard work to maintain so i never had any horses ready for this season, but if there is another SO6 then i will be working on them.
I focused alot on enthusiasm and confidence for this season, will see if it was worth it.
Note that Enthusiasm and Jump Speed are paired, always the same %.

Cheers

Cheers, seems to make sense, confidence an enthusiasm are the next 2 on my list, sort of doing them alongside Battling qualities but it was just a coincidence, I'm literally just testing for SO7 really, although think I can get a little competitive if we have another season of 6.

I might even try just getting certain qualities for certain distances at some point, I'll have a lot more time to put into SO7 so looking forward to that

Vinny

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2