View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Flat schedule debate post 
Handicapper

Post Re: Flat schedule debate post
Jango wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
In terms of keeping new players, half the battle is setting realistic expectations, they come in expecting to have G1 monsters as that’s what there experience in game tells them. Beyond repeatedly saying it and showing how top tier league breeding is done, i’m not sure how you solve that. If they get owned in a division 2 league with none of the big races there still going to head for the door with expectations shattered.

Agree 100% with this.
The one thing that frustrated me in my first season was that i was stuck with my donkeys for 13 weeks and would have to wait a few months before i could get another shot at the League.
Perhaps consider allowing a new trainer to replace any of his horses that are rated say less than 70 or whatever rating would be resonable.
This would keep their interest in ongoing breeding and improving their stable.
Just a thought. :)

I think this is a good idea, if possible give them maybe 25 retirements at all time, when they learn how Good/bad their horses are they have the option to immediately replace them when they have bred something better!
Maybe a good motivation to play on and breed something better than to wait for months until there is a next season, maybe.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:02 am
Group 1 winner

Moliets_Surfer wrote:
Jango wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
In terms of keeping new players, half the battle is setting realistic expectations, they come in expecting to have G1 monsters as that’s what there experience in game tells them. Beyond repeatedly saying it and showing how top tier league breeding is done, i’m not sure how you solve that. If they get owned in a division 2 league with none of the big races there still going to head for the door with expectations shattered.

Agree 100% with this.
The one thing that frustrated me in my first season was that i was stuck with my donkeys for 13 weeks and would have to wait a few months before i could get another shot at the League.
Perhaps consider allowing a new trainer to replace any of his horses that are rated say less than 70 or whatever rating would be resonable.
This would keep their interest in ongoing breeding and improving their stable.
Just a thought. :)

I think this is a good idea, if possible give them maybe 25 retirements at all time, when they learn how Good/bad their horses are they have the option to immediately replace them when they have bred something better!
Maybe a good motivation to play on and breed something better than to wait for months until there is a next season, maybe.

This will only work if the new trainer is juggling ttf and is breeding enmass - if the trainer is playing the single player game and playing a full season and breeding within the scope of the single player game then this will not help them.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:13 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:

This will only work if the new trainer is juggling ttf and is breeding enmass - if the trainer is playing the single player game and playing a full season and breeding within the scope of the single player game then this will not help them.

They may not make big improvements but the idea would be to give them hope and keep them involved.
If you are stuck with a stable full of donkeys it understandable to just walk away.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:41 am
Group 1 winner

sorry to say don't think this will work as they would have to enter listed upward races and the likelihood is they will still trail badly thus not knowing if they have improved

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:06 pm
Group 1 winner

ok what about splitting the first 2 weeks maidens into 2 divisions as they currently do in racing but the top 10 or so trainers from prev seasons and returning trainers MUST enter div 1 and get handicapped as though it was a G1 div 2 to be assessed by Sirius as he sees fit I know this will be a lot of work but think it will lead to hcapp marks being better a lot quicker.there is currently some tweaking needed with the schedule but it is swings and roundabouts ascot week is full of G1 but w7 is full of hcapps perhaps adding a few more races will balance it out a little

ok that's my two bobs worth feel free to ridicule and lambast ive got broad shoulders lol

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:16 pm
Group 1 winner

or split Ascot over 2 weeks and have half and half

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

They may not make big improvements but the idea would be to give them hope and keep them involved.
If you are stuck with a stable full of donkeys it understandable to just walk away.

They walk away after the first or second week, they don't even wait for the transfer window. This is the fifth league season I have been involved with and it is the same each season. Far more leave than stick around and they leave because they breed from their stock single player game and they have no hope in hell winning any Group race by breeding like that.
Unless they're fired up to compete at the top and change how they play their game, they or anyone else don't have a chance of winning Group races and a lot of trainers aren't bothered to play their game like that.
SO6 flat league is a two tier league - casual players and ttf players and the majority of trainers who join are casual players.

The best thing that can happen for SO7 is that there is only one way to breed and everyone plays on the same playing field

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:33 pm
Group 1 winner

doug totally agree with what you're saying and I for one really hope tff files are dumped from so7 which I think they will be but still don't think it will be a level playing field as those who dedicate more time to the game will always have an advantage however there will be a chance for the casual player to get a random monster which would be fantastic for the league well that's the way ive read it maybe i'm wrong but hope i'm not

Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:57 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
doug totally agree with what you're saying and I for one really hope tff files are dumped from so7 which I think they will be but still don't think it will be a level playing field as those who dedicate more time to the game will always have an advantage however there will be a chance for the casual player to get a random monster which would be fantastic for the league well that's the way ive read it maybe i'm wrong but hope i'm not

I don't have a problem if the players who put in the most time on a level playing field are at the top. Jim said he plays 35 hours a week - on a level playing field he'd most probably be king but from what Mark has posted - there might be some randomness to it all. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:21 pm
Group 3 winner

Everything has to be geared towards SO7, it's a clean sheet for every one and everything. We need ideas on how to get new players interested in the league and then we need to hook them in and to make them enjoy it and to stay. I think Mark needs to do more when the game first comes out, if u wait over 2 years then people have moved onto some new game. I think it's vital to get a league up and running within 6 months of the game coming out.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:47 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Everything has to be geared towards SO7, it's a clean sheet for every one and everything. We need ideas on how to get new players interested in the league and then we need to hook them in and to make them enjoy it and to stay. I think Mark needs to do more when the game first comes out, if u wait over 2 years then people have moved onto some new game. I think it's vital to get a league up and running within 6 months of the game coming out.

Maybe even after a couple of months of coming out - I think we should just jump straight in if possible.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:00 pm
Group 1 winner

We must remember that SO6 has been a great success for the league compared to earlier versions - but the time is ready to move on to hopefully better again.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:02 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
We must remember that SO6 has been a great success for the league compared to earlier versions - but the time is ready to move on to hopefully better again.

Your not wrong it has been excellent and most importantly clean with no cheating.

Be very interesting to see how SO7 pans out

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

Your not wrong it has been excellent and most importantly clean with no cheating.

I worry about that with the game keeping those superstar gamebreed horses. I would also love it if ithe making of claiming races was to go, I think it's comical u can turn every race into a claiming and have all the horses.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:14 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

I worry about that with the game keeping those superstar gamebreed horses. I would also love it if ithe making of claiming races was to go, I think it's comical u can turn every race into a claiming and have all the horses.

I wonder how many people do that i only heard about that recently that needs to be sorted for sure
Editing Schedules should only be possible in Marks Editor IMO hopefully he can expand this so people
can add their own races in it (Claiming & Selling races aside)

A New System where you can transfer a horse in once and the file could not be copied or reused like the ttf
would be a huge step forward too.

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next