View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Meet the Team - Jump 
Group 1 winner

Post Meet the Team - Jump
Where the Flat summary was interesting for me as it showed how much breeding I had done from stock and stud horses for this seasons team, this one I am expecting will be all league performers, and again likely more insightful for me than anyone else given I like to think I have my NH breeding down to an art form :)

Hurdlers

4YO

Kingdom of Gods - Mare

Sire - Change the Game - No league form
Dam - Kingdom of Nuts - League team last season. 1 Maiden Hurdle win

Just when I think I know what I am doing, the lineage of my first horse is a little bit of a surprise. She tends to run in the leading group, usually just behind the front few, though has only a single listed win to her name this season. The sire here was a flat horse I injected into my jumps game, due to some favourable bars, and actually has prodcuced a couple of decent sorts for the jumps. The Dam was a single maiden win horse from last season, though the extended lineage in the 'Kingdom' line goes back some time and includes a 3xG1 winner from season 6 'Kingdom of Titans' along with a G2 winner from the same team 'Kingdom of Hate'. Graded Class

Its All In The Hips - Mare

Sire - Its Show Time - In the league team until week 5
Dam - The Last Chapter - No league form

At her best when she just sits behind the leading group and them presses them at about the 3 to 4f mark. Two wins this year, one on the NHF and one juv maiden hurdle. She is really in the team for her NHF talents. Sire was in the league team until week 5, though has an extended lineage that is packed with league winners 'The Irish Connection' 'The Show & 'Ever Seen The Rain' who have 2x G1 and 1x G2 hurdle wins to their names. The Dam was a failed trial horse whose lineage is split between 2.4m hurdlers and 3m chasers, though none of them are of note. NHF Graded Class, Handicap Hurdlers

5YO

Game Set Match - Mare

Sire - The Perfect Match - 3x wins 2m chase in this years league team, 1 G1 and 1 G2.
Dam - The Worlds A Stage - No league form

Usually likes to hold up and challenge late, though has yet to find a hurdle since joining the team in week 5, Capable 2m chaser at home. Sire is in the team this season and has G1 pedigree with an extended lineage that is all chasers but with one flat 1.4m horse now 4 generations back. Dam remains on the short list for 2m chasers also but herself has a mixed lineage of both hurdlers and chasers which includes this years team members 'The Big Show' 2x G2 and 1x G3 wins and 'Kingdom of Colts' who has a single maiden chase win this year. Added in to give me handicap scope over both chases and hurdles in the 2m range.

The Irish King - Gelding

Sire - Return of The Kingdom - No league form
Dam - The Irish Fancy - Single NHF win last season

Another who largely likes to hold up and present a challenge in the last 4-6f. Single novice hurdle win this season, though ran a close 2nd in a G1. Lineage is a little more interesting, the Sire was a failed 2.4m hurdler with extended lineage back to 'Zombie' from this years league team, and there is some flat cruising burst added from a stud horse now 5 generations back. The Dam who was in the league team last year and has a single NHF win to her name, has a long lineage of 'The Irish' line, connecting to 'The Irish Connection' G1 and G2 winner, now also 5 generations removed. Graded Class

Hip to Be Square - Gelding

Sire - Bambino - No league form
Dam - Its All In The Hips - In the league team as a 4yo. 2 wins to her name.

Tends to run mid division or in the chasing group and likes to do his best work late. Single G1 win this season in the Fighting Fifth Hurdle. Sire was a 2m chaser who held a place on the trail sheets up until the last few cycles, his extended lineage is largely stock and stud horses. The Dam is in the team for her NHF talents and as is detailed above has a top class hurdle pedigree going back many generations. Graded Class

The Big Show - Mare

Sire - Its Show Time - In the league team until week 5
Dam - Coral Stock - No league form

The last of my 2m hurdlers and likely my best. She has had three wins thus far, 2x G2 and 1x G3, though wants soft ground and has yet to find a G1 that works for her. Run style typically mid division with a late challenge, though at her best when she takes it up 4f from home. Sire was in the league team and have multi graded winning extened lineage the 'The Irish Connection' the stand out name. Dam was actually breed to stock for 2.4m hurdles but also has good extended pedigree back to multi G1 Ryanair winner 'Law of Consequence' and league G2 winner 'In Estate of Madness' Graded Class

Eagle Has Landed - Gelding

Sire - The Mountain - No league form on jumps
Dam - In Estate of Decline - G2 League winner season 6

Coral Cup winner from last year and G1 Hattons Grace Winner this, largely a hold up runner and one who has served me well. Breeding is so old now it hails back to before I had even split my jump and flat games into two. The sire is a flat bred 5f sprinter with no league form to speak of. The dam a G2 chase winner in season 6 is only three generations removed from the original 'The Estate' who started a good 2.4m chase line and featured in season 5. Graded Class

Zombie - Mare

Sire - The Old Stag - No league form
Dam - Kingdom of Zombies - No league form

Mid division runner with a single G3H hurdle win to her name this year. Breeding is also reasonably old and ties to a lot of horses who had league sucess. The Sire trailed very well and though a 2.4m horse himself his extended lineage goes back to G1 2m hurdlers such as 'The Irish Connection' and 'The Show'. The lineage of the dam is fairly similair a 2.4m horse with 2m extened pedigree that includes 'Kingdom of Hate' 'Kingdom of Nuts' and 'Fatal Moonshine' all of whom had graded success in the league. Low graded class.

Deer Hunter - Mare

Sire - The Old Stag - No league form
Dam - Fix to Chase - No league form

Another mid division 2.4m hurdler who is competent down to 2m. Single novice maiden win this year so far. Sire 'The Old Stag' is detailed above and has good G1 pedigree. Dam was a stud mare, but with G1 chase winner from last season 'Shesa Animal' only one generation removed, there is a splattering of less talented league horses further back in her lineage. Low Graded Class

Kingdom Of Our Lord - Gelding

Sire - The Terminal - No league form
Dam - Kingdom of Gods - In the league team as a 4yo, one win to her name

Funnily enough another of my horses who likes to loiter about mid division and press home late. 2 wins to his name thus far this season the best being a G2, decent over fences also at home though hurdlers are his best option. Sire was a good trial horse at 2.4m who just missed a team slot, behind him you can find 'The Old Stag' who has a hand in a lot of my 2.4m hurdlers, along with G1 winners mentioned above. Dam is in the league team and has a split lineage one side flat from 'Change the Game' and one side pure graded hurdlers including 3x G1 winner 'Kingdom of Titans' and 'Kingdom of Hate' and 'Kingdom of Nuts'. Graded Class

The Right Stuff - Mare

Sire - Falling Through Clouds - In the league team this year, yet to get a win
Dam - All Parts But Con Chase - No league form

Very recently breed and joined the team in week 5. Single win to her name so far in a maiden but I have high expectations. On trial form she is my best 2.4m hurdler and my best 2m chaser so is something of a freak, she can also chase to 2.4m. Limited mostly to soft and heavy ground though. Breeding is a mixed bag, the sire is a 2.4m chaser in the league team though has not found a win yet, behind him is a 2m chaser on my trial sheets and top class 2.4m hurdler who may feature next season. The Dam is a stock/stud mare, but has an extended lineage to league team member this year 'Eights the Fences' 3m hurdler and last years G2 2.4m chase winner 'In Estate of Madness'. Graded Class.

Consequence of Stars - Gelding

Sire - Eight The Stars - No league form
Dam - Captain of Consequence - No league form

Usually runs from middle of the pack to just behind the leaders, at his best when he does the latter. 2 novice wins to his name so far. Sire comes from a stock/stud line which was more recently seeded from the 'Eight' line that features throughout my recent teams. The dam was a failed trail horse, but one who has a extended lineage with multi G1 winer 'Law of Consequence' 2 generations removed. Graded class when he can find a 3m hurdle.

Eights The Fences - Gelding

Sire - Eights A Mystery - 6 league wins over the last two seasons, 2x G1
Dam - Can She Jump - No league form

2 times winnner now over both hurdles and fences and another who likes to run from the middle of the pack to just behind the leaders and press from about 3 to 4f from home. Really a 3m hurdler for me this season and just missed out on a G2 this year. Sire is a top class 3m hurdler with 2x G1 to his name, and an extended lineage that is a mix between 'The Estate's' and 'The Eights' lines. The dam was a horse I stumbled on in my flat breeding when mixing with a game horse and moved into my jumps game. 'Zoom Zoom Zoom' from the flat team can be found 3 generations back. Graded Class

Eights A Mystery - Gelding

Sire - In Estate of Mystery - No league form
Dam - Eights to Lose - In league team in season 6 but failed to make it passed the cut window

Mid division runner with 2x G1's to his name, though has struggled this season as a 6yo and is rated out of more races than not. Lineage is very old, his sires side includes horses from the 'Estate' range most of whom have league winning form. The Dam failed in the league two seasons back, but has 'Law of Conseqeunce' in her extended lineage. Graded Class.

Eights The Conclusion - Mare

Dam - Messy Conclusion - In league team last season but failed to find a win.

Yet another horse who likes to loiter about in the middle and come on strong late, 90% of my horses run like that. Single maiden win this year. Sire needs no further introduction and has real G1 league class mentioned above. Dam was a failed 3m chaser from last season and has an extremely old lineage that goes all the way back to season 6 G1 chase winner 'The Wraith' and a lot of trail talent and league horses from the 'Estate' chase line.

Chasers

Kingdom of Animals - Gelding

Sire - Kingdom of Colts - In the team this year, single win to his name.
Dam - Shesa Animal - G1 2m chase winner from last season

Another hold up sort, who has been a little disappointing in the league so far. One handicap win to his name and it is really only in the handicaps I expect him to feature. Sire is a league team horse with a single win under his belt and another who has not performed as I expected. The dam has G1 league pedigree and an extended lineage that is really old going back to the point where my flat and jumps teams were produced from a single game, her lineage is therefore a bit of a mish mash between flat and jump, 'Law of Consequence' the real jump talent in the mix. Handicapper.

Kingdom of Colts - Gelding

Sire - Bambino - No league form
Dam - Jumps Kingdom - No league form

Hold up runner at his best when he breaks at 4f from home. Single chase win so far and has shown some talent over hurdles also. Lineage is 4 generations removed from a flat horse who won the St Leger last year 'The Bookeeper' but more recently has been full of chase trial performers. The dam was an experimental breed from a game horse and flat horse 'Black Mamba' three generations back, then mixed with top class hurdlers 'Kingdom of Hate' and 'Kingdom of Nuts'. Low end Graded Class

The Perfect Match - Gelding

Sire - War Horse - No league form
Dam - Breed to War Horse - No league form

One of the best 2m chasers I have ever bred, and a horse who has since spawned some real quality for next season. 3 wins so far including a G1 and G2. Breeding was a very specific exercise that used a mixture of flat bars and jumps pedigree and took 4 generations of breeding to get right. The sire 'War Horse' was a solid trial chaser and was himself bred from a 1.4m flat horse and 2m chaser 'Sword of the King' who I cut from this years team in the week 5 window. The Dam 'Breed to War Horse' also features 'Sword of the King' three generations back and another trial chase sucess 'Edge of the Sword' in the extended lineage. The same 1.4m flat horse also features down the line and the final mix was well, perfect. Graded Class, aimed for the Arkle.

Chase the Record - Gelding

Sire - Change The Record - No league form
Dam - Chase for Perfection - No league form

Another week 5 upload, who has yet to show his trial form, and again a mid division sort who is part of a breeding project 4 generations in the making. The Sire who trailed well as a 2.4m chaser hails from 'Change the Game' a flat horse convert who has had a small hand in my jump breeding for better bars, this side also feature 'Terminal Velocity' a pure bred jumps horse who has a good chance for a team spot next league. The Dam is pure jumps breed who also trails well as a 2m chaser and includes multiple league winners including multi G1 winner 'Hexbag' in addition to 'Sword of the King' 'Chase the Witch' and 'Pursuit of Magic'. Graded Class I think

Fantastique - Gelding

Dam - The Good Olde Days - No league form

Not uncommong to find him running last and looking disinterested, very fast over the last 4 to 6f when he gets it right. 2x 2nds and 2x 3rd with only a single G2 win thus far. Breeding is pure jump and the Sire, with multiple league winner needs no further billing at this stage. The Dam who did not perform at trail has 'The Show' and 'The Old Stag' three and two generations back respectively and are the breeding markers for me. Graded Class

Falling Through Clouds - Gelding

Sire - Hop Skip Fall - No league form
Dam - Terminal Velocity - No league form

Hold up runner who has been largely disappointing in the league so far and yet to find a win, marks a shortcoming in my 2.4m chasers right now. Breeding is solid though, with the sire being one who may land a league spot in the 2m chase team next year, depending on how much breeding energy I can muster inbetween. Dam is a class 2.4m hurdle trail horse who could have made this team, though herself has a mixed lineage with flat breeding 5 generations back, but no real league names since.

Hex of Life - Gelding

Sire - Hexenbeast - No league form
Dam - Lifes A Journey - No league form

Bit confussed by this horse, made the league due too his flexibility with hurdle form to 3m and chase form to 2.4m. Single win on the hurdles so far and given his breeding might be where I should focus him. Hold up sort for the most part, not a shocker that. Sire was solid as a 3m hurdler and 2.4m chaser, but behind him you can find two horses with 4x G1 winners to their names 'Eights A Mystery' and 'Hexbag'. The Dam is another who holds a top 5 spot on the trial sheets and again you can find 'Hexbag' in the breeding 3 generations removed. Graded Class

Battle At The Hot Gates - Gelding

Sire - Battle For Sparta - Single league win.
Dam - Time to Kill - 2x G1 winner this league team.

Hold up sort who is a monster at trial, though has yet to convert that too league form, with only a single G2 win thus far and a pretty big slice of bad luck. Breeding is high class, with his sire running 3rd in the gold cup last season and picking up a single win this season over the mighty 'Fort Lauderdale' and the dam, 'Time to Kill' currently my stable star with 2x G1's to her name and a 3 from 5 hit rate. 'The Big Show' can also be found three generations back in her breeding. Very likely to come back next season. Graded Class

Time To Kill - Mare

Sire - Show Time - No league form
Dam - Ravishing - No league form

My stable star thus far with 2x G1 wins and but for some bad luck could have been more. Holds around mid pack and breaks at 4f, when she gets it right can be very difficult to catch. Breeding was another experimental exercise that has worked out perfectly. The Sire a 2m hurdler who remained in the trial sheets for some time, has 'The Big Show' two generations back and behind that you can find 3m hurdle multi G1 winner 'Hexbag'. The Dam is a 3.4m chaser from the national breeding line and has horses such as 'Snail Trail' and 'Snail Pace' further back in the lineage. The result was a 2.4m sort who stays well to 3m. Questions remain as to whether she can stay 3.2m for the gold cup. Grade1 Class

Eights The Ground - Mare

Sire - Eight The King - One maiden win last year, 2nd in the Gold Cup
Dam - Breed in Soft - No league form

Two chase wins for this lass, but nothing in graded company just yet. Usually hold mid division but I think she is better when forced to take up the pace early. Breeding again is a little mixed, the sire 'Eight The King' ran 2nd in the Gold Cup last season and beyond that links to my National breeding lines. The Dam also links to the National line via 'Snail Trail' but has a sprinkling of 2m chase speed in via 'Sword of the King' three generations removed. Graded Class.

Maximum Impact - Mare

Sire - Eight Mile High - No league form
Dam - Eights To Fish - No league form

This recently breed mare, uploaded in the window has been a real star in trail and looks very likely to come back even stronger next year when 6yo. Out performs Time to Kill when they are the same age and mainly came in as I have more confidence she can stay for the Gold Cup. One win so far on her maiden run at 3.2m. Breeding also a very specific piece of work, on the sires side, we can see three generations of breeding my National lines with 2.4m and 3m chasers with top class trial form. 'Eight Mile High' himself has team potential for next season as does 'Eights to Fish'. The Dam much the same, though her breeding one generation back exactly replicates her sire. 'Eights The Ground' 'Snail Trail' and 'Eight The King' all have a hand in this creation. Graded Class. Possible Gold Cup horse.

Battle For Sparta - Gelding

Sire - Go Tell The Spartans - No league form
Dam - Dominion of Sinners - No league form

Returning horse who was unlucky not to get wins last season, but picked up one this year even though he has found races hard to come by as I am sure I have better in my team for the graded races.
Another hold up sort whose lineage is now like looking back in time. Sire has league horses 'Law of Consequence' and 'Gathering Pace' behind him and the Dam includes 'In Estate of Decline' and 'Eagle Has Landed'. Graded Class if he can find the races.

The Mighty Eight - Mare

Sire - Worthy Opponent - No league form
Dam - Eights The Ground - In the league team with 2 wins thus far

Hold up sort who came into the team to run at 3.4m chase, much to my suprise though her only winner has so far come over the hurdles. Breeding mix of the sire and dam is one I have done far too frequently though as it replicates 'Eight Mile High' and 'Eights to Fish' mentioned above above and any three of them could claim a league spot. Worthy Opponent though is no longer in the barn so they can be diluted down from here. Breeding is sort of covered above and includes 'Eight The King' on the side of the dam and 'Snail Trail' from the sire. Again links to my National breeding lines. Graded Class

Third Prophet - Mare

Dam - Breed Three Four - No league form

National bred hold up sort who I entered as a 6yo having not noticed the national entry rule change. Been largely dissapointing so far with no wins or even decent showings, but could return at 7yo. Sire has had a hand in a lot of my class 3m to 4m horses and was himself very decent at trial. Dam a stock/stud mare from the same line and has a number of the same horse in the extended lineage. Maybe a little too much inbreeding in this girl. Handicapper.

Pray for A Miracle - Gelding

Dam - Eights The National - In the league up to week 5, lost spot due to age.

After screwing up my national entires and putting them both in as 6yo's. This was a bit of a desperation bred done just prior to week 5, and the only 3.4m I liked that made the cut. Looks decent at trial but has yet to finish a race and has a racekit FU for form. Sire covered a load here as he seems to have a hand in everything I do from 3m to 3.4m, and he is certainly not the only one breeding in the barn. Dam 'Eights The National' looked ok in the league up to week 5 and was only dropped to bring this chap in. Handicapper and my national hope, if he can ever finish a race.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]