View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Any update on the league start? 
Selling plater

Post Any update on the league start?
Hi,

Three questions :D

1) Is there any more news on when the league is going to start? An idea of timescale would be appreciated if possible. I haven't played before but I watched the tail end of last season and want to have a go.

2) Is there normally such a long break between seasons?

3) Are there any other leagues?

I'm new to this game and league and I'm really looking forward to it, even though I'm expecting to be annihilated.

Thanks

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:41 pm
Group 2 winner

Firstly, welcome to the league and great to see your enthusiasm.

1) No date set yet. Will post one as soon as I can

2) There's usually only a few weeks break between seasons. The delay is caused by our on-line software. Our current programmer has vanished. Our previous programmer is trying to bring his older version of our "Trainers Office Manager" up-to-date, to allow multi-league setup. He has a large quantity of real-life work, on top of commuting, etc. He's doing all he can asap to help us out, but it won't be done today or tomorrow. The league used to be managed with pen and paper, but it's grown so big and successful, that method is no longer feasible. We've become dependent on a fully functioning TOM.

3) The software required to run the league, is only available to SOPL staff. I'm not aware of any other leagues.

I'll let you know a sensible start date once the on-line software is ready.

Cheers..

Colm
SOPL International President

Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:07 pm
Selling plater

Can I just ask two more questions?

1) Do you know if Starters Orders 4 is due out? I don't want to play loads of seasons of SO3 for league purposes if SO4 is due out soon.

2) How many more league seasons for SO3 do you anticipate are left? I know this probably ties in with my first question.

Thanks

Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:13 pm
Group 2 winner

Mark would have to answer the question about the SO4 launch time. I would guess that it will be available late 2009/early 2010

The number of SO3 seasons will depend on the length of the current delay and the launch of S04

Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]