View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Lost Everything 
Group 2 winner

Post Lost Everything
Hi Gents, hoping for a little advice here, just posted the below on Technical forums, see if anyone has an idea, however this is the second time I've lost everything in the space of a few months, and it now means I have to start from complete scratch again, just as I felt I was starting to get somewhere, just won my first group 1 winner now lost every horse I had bred. So frustrating, very close to just packing in now if I'm honest. Starting from scratch again now will leave me even further back than I already am

Anyone got any ideas why this has happened?

So, I've just loaded SO6 back up from playing it yesterday. I haven't updated anything, not changed a thing. For some reason every horse I had exported has gone. I have been left with the last 22 I had exported only. Gone from 100's of horses to 22. I also can'y load any of my old TFF files? When I put them in and go to transfer there's just no horses at all there. That's for every one. I have a lot of saved TFF's as I play the league, I'm going to have to literally start from scratch now, anyone got any ideas what's going on? Also all my saved games are still there

This is the second time this has happened, the previous time about 2 months ago, I hadn't played the game in about a year, and transferred from Desktop to Steam. When I did I'd lost a lot of exported horses (not as many as this time, but still a lot), and none of my TFF files had stopped working again. That time I again had to start again, again all my saved games were there, but anything I exported from them just disappeared.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:49 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Lost Everything
There are two export horse files, these are the ones with your email in, the main and a back up, if the back up is larger than the main just switch the file names over. This happened to me a long time ago though only the once. Take copies before messing with the files though.

As for the rest as you have tff and game saves. Delete the whole game and reinstall, I have also had this tff issue once a while back and a reinstall seemed to do the trick. Keeping backups is the key.

Josh

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:36 am
Group 3 winner

U must save that file every couple of weeks, sometimes it can go because u either didn't shut u game down proper. I lost mine once when I knocked the game off and knocked my computer of to quickly.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:16 pm
Group 2 winner

Looks like it's auto updated through Steam overnight, take it there's still no way back from that?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:20 pm
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
There are two export horse files, these are the ones with your email in, the main and a back up, if the back up is larger than the main just switch the file names over. This happened to me a long time ago though only the once. Take copies before messing with the files though.

As for the rest as you have tff and game saves. Delete the whole game and reinstall, I have also had this tff issue once a while back and a reinstall seemed to do the trick. Keeping backups is the key.

Josh

Where do I find the back up ones Josh?

Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:22 pm
Group 1 winner

No idea for steam. My documents for me, same place at the tff files. File looks like this, obvisously with your email

hdb_jblogs66@gmail.com.bak

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:36 pm
Group 2 winner

Cheers mate, I've got this in the Starters Orders saves file

but it's massive, it's 1566kb, which is insane compared to the size of my 96kb TTF files

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:40 pm
Group 2 winner

Think I'm just gonna start all over again uninstall it, then download again. Not sure I'll be able to get competitive now next season though

Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:44 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Cheers mate, I've got this in the Starters Orders saves file

but it's massive, it's 1566kb, which is insane compared to the size of my 96kb TTF files

If u had about 1200 horses in it then it will be right.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Yep, it being large is good especially if bigger than the one with bak at the end, your horses will be in there.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:10 pm
Group 2 winner

Well, gave up trying to fix it, just deleted completely an loaded back up not in Steam. Seems to have done the trick, got all my recent stuff back. It looks like an auto update on Steam caused it. Cheers for all your help gents

Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:21 pm
Group 3 winner

i have had this more then 10 times .. the best in the league for this lol
this is my idea why
when i play the gave
i get email alerts and messages etc
so well in game i press ctrl alt and delete
sometimes when i have 1 2 many rums i press wrong buttons
and lose everything

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:41 pm
Group 1 winner

buy an external hard drive and save often doesn't help now I know but could help for SO7

Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:27 pm
Group 2 winner

Tell you what I do need help with. I've started looking for game horses again for all distances, just starting my breeding completely from scratch. I found a filly 5f horse that beats anything I had, or have fond snce by 4 lengths every race, beats the males most the time. I put it in a game to breed and forgot to back up the TTf file. So now I have this filly killing my trials that I can never use. Nearly has me in tears every time :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]