View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Japanese Sprinting Fillies 
Group 2 winner

Post Japanese Sprinting Fillies
Anyone know the best way to get these? :lol: :lol: Currently collecting game horses again for a fresh start, an one thing I've noticed is that you get a Japanese Filly very early on in a game, and she usually blasts away most of your males as well as the Females. I just keep restarting now to try an collect this one filly each time. The main one I got, wins my trials by 3 lengths still, I lost in a freak accident so can't breed with.

Anyone else noticed this for sprinters?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:32 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Japanese Sprinting Fillies
Cannot say that I have, what game you running, country etc?

Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:49 pm
Group 1 winner

This makes no sense to me, how can you have a Japanese horse when there is no Japanese game?

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:38 pm
Group 2 winner

I use the UK sched but I did change a few Gp1's to claimers, seen as I was starting about 3 seasons behind everyone else, just to speed up the start. In the first 5 seasons of a game or so, you always get very very good fillies from Ire, US, Canada, Hong Kong, and Japan. You never ever get anything but UK males, don't think I've ever had a foreign male. They become a lot less regular after the first few seasons, so just a case of starting again, but my game fillies almost as good as my males

Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:19 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I use the UK sched but I did change a few Gp1's to claimers, seen as I was starting about 3 seasons behind everyone else, just to speed up the start. In the first 5 seasons of a game or so, you always get very very good fillies from Ire, US, Canada, Hong Kong, and Japan. You never ever get anything but UK males, don't think I've ever had a foreign male. They become a lot less regular after the first few seasons, so just a case of starting again, but my game fillies almost as good as my males

I really hope this is not possible in SO7 claiming and selling schedules are cheating plain and simple
being able to buy any game horse in the game is a huge advantage and an unfair one most people
would not have a clue how to do this - Mark please please make sure this is not possible in SO7 everyone
should be playing from a level playing field in the league.

We can only trust no one did this in SO6 leagues and the league has to be based on trust.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:39 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Paul bring it up in the other forum because I'm sure it's still in the new game, im sure I seen it in the mods folder. I'd bring it up but he doesn't listen to me. :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:19 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Paul bring it up in the other forum because I'm sure it's still in the new game, im sure I seen it in the mods folder. I'd bring it up but he doesn't listen to me. :lol:

Doing that now mate

Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Can someone please explain why this is considered cheating but copying and pasting TTF files is not?
For those of us who just play the stock game the whole TTF scenario could be considered cheating and anyway getting access to the best gamebreds is only a short term fix and offers no real advantage long term.
Even playing a stock game after only 2 or 3 generations of breeding there is practically no opposition from the gamebreds.
That said I hope the ability to do it, along with TTF's, is disabled although there will always be someone clever enough to bypass it (not me).

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:01 am
Group 3 winner

Darren u shouldn't be able to buy over sea horses in a different game, some thing odd about this. Will someone test this to see if it's possible or only in vinnys game. So vinny u was going to start again from scratch and yet catch everyone up, sounds a bit odd to me.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:04 am
Group 1 winner

its cheating plain and simple making every race in the schedule a selling race or claiming race
when most people in the league would not be capable of this also overseas horses should not
go to auctions - Leaves a very bad taste in the mouth and if this is not cut out in SO7 i wont
be taking part in future leagues.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:07 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
its cheating plain and simple making every race in the schedule a selling race or claiming race
when most people in the league would not be capable of this also overseas horses should not
go to auctions - Leaves a very bad taste in the mouth and if this is not cut out in SO7 i wont

I didn't think it was possible and can someone see if it's right that over seas horses do appear in the first few seasons.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 am
Group 2 winner

Sorry Guys but I will repeat my question.

Why is one method considered to be cheating and the other not?

Neither method is "hacking" the source code of the game and both methods are just using available functions that the game allows. The TTF function is widely used because it was advertised/explained on this forum and the same could be done for the selling schedule.
I am sure the vast majority of players (the league is a small minority) have little or no idea of the TTF's.
Also even if I had a selling schedule myself I would still be miles behind the top trainers because I cannot commit the time or have the inclination to use the TTF's and as far I can see it only speeds one up by 2 or 3 generations at the start.
Darren

Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:26 am
Group 3 winner

Because one u can do and the other shouldn't be happening, u can turn all the races to claimers and buy every horse in a set game if u want but the overs seas horses shouldn't be in them, they should not turn up to buy. It's has never happened in any other starters orders game. I said in here a month or so ago that I would like claimers taken out of the game, it cuts out the grey areas in the game like the ttf have gone, there would be a level playing field for everyone without theses so called (if u want to call them) cheats. The one thing I don't like in the new game and that is create u own monster horses, if u know how to crack the game then u can just create any horse u want.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:14 am
Group 2 winner

ghosty wrote:
Because one u can do and the other shouldn't be happening, u can turn all the races to claimers and buy every horse in a set game if u want but the overs seas horses shouldn't be in them, they should not turn up to buy. It's has never happened in any other starters orders game. I said in here a month or so ago that I would like claimers taken out of the game, it cuts out the grey areas in the game like the ttf have gone, there would be a level playing field for everyone without theses so called (if u want to call them) cheats. The one thing I don't like in the new game and that is create u own monster horses, if u know how to crack the game then u can just create any horse u want.

This isn't true, I never used claimers last time I played the game, it was around season 5 or 6. I done what I done this time then too, played for about 6 weeks before the season started to have a stable only up to 1m2 horses. I done ok then too, won a few races, was probably around the same level as now. Anyway, without any claimers at all I got a few fillies similar, one of them was a UAE horse which was by a distance better than all my males.

Saying it's cheating is a bit strong, I just modified a few claimers into my schedule as it would have been pointless entering the league otherwise, an I know a few others probably do this. I haven't set out intentionally to grab all the foreign horses, think my post shows I didn't know you weren't meant to be able to get them. ALSO, this isn't really any different to breeding all your best game horses with the foreign horses that go into the breeding barn, and keeping that saved game so you can breed with them any time, and with any game bred. I have never done this but I know people do.

I won't be having any claimers etc in SO7, an I am with Paul, I would advocate it being dropped completely, along with the TTF's. However, I don't see it as cheating, it's just a slightly quicker way to an end game, that anyone has access to.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:03 am
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Simply none of that is true tbh, you don't get every good horse at all, an I've only ever seen foreign horses at the very start, which as I've stated above I got without claimers last time I entered the league.

This is something that ISN'T against the rules as far as I'm aware, and is easily accessible to every person who plays the game, so it's definitely not cheating. However, as stated I'd 100% agree to remove it from SO7, along with the TFF's, but will we take away the ability to keep saved games in the background too? That is the exact same thing in my eyes

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next