View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Japanese Sprinting Fillies 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Japanese Sprinting Fillies
If people want to turn every race to a claimer they can, it's part of the game and so until it's not there than its allowed but overseas horses are a different kettle of fish because they shouldn't be turning up to buy. Vinny u can use any system u want as long as every person can do the same, if there's a bug and only u can do it then it's unfair on everyone else. It's a bit like the Frankel affair.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:12 am
Group 2 winner

I didn't start this thread to cause trouble either btw, I genuinely didn't know this was a thing. I had no idea no one else could get foreign horses, if that's true. I've always got foreign fillies when I've played the game, but as stated, only ever fillies, an not just from claimers

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:17 am
Group 1 winner

firstly what is the percentage of good horses that go to the barn i have seen tons of stars that end up with the sold abroad tag
and they never go to the barn. Id say a 3rd of the best horses in the game end up in the barn.

Everyone can use the breeding barn what you do only a fraction of people can do in fact I think you are the only person who
has publicly said you do this. You have access to buy any horse in the game that you want we can only take your word that
you do not abuse this.

The ttf is there for everyone to use its very simple copy and paste i made a video many years ago showing newbies how to use it
so they were not disadvantaged.

We had 5 new trainers who started this season who were 4 or 5 years behind everyone else yet because you have the knowledge and ability
to create your own schedules out side of the game you should be allowed to zoom by them as though you have a speedy boarding pass.

No offence but leaves a bad taste in the mouth to me and did when you posted about it the first time over a year ago.

Il leave it there made my point and its something i feel strongly about.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:18 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

What was the Frankel affair? I honestly didn't know that nobody could get these foreign horses, are you sure people aren't noticing because they're always fillies? I never paid much attention to game fillies originally, as the males were always much better, you don't get many either, 2 or 3 at the start of a game, and they aren't always good. And once you're a few lines into your breeding I doubt anyone even looks for game fillies at all. It must be a long time since any of you guys collected game horses now? We're 8 seasons in, so the breeding must be way beyond that?

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:21 am
Group 1 winner

i constantly breed to game mares how can you improve your lines any other way once you hit a certain level the level
of improvement breeding your own to your own is minuscule and trailing becomes a nightmare you have to go back to the breeding
barn and breed to gamebreds no option.

Not sure i rem much about the frankel affair think he turned up in one trainers auction and he bred him and he had Frankel in all
his lge horses linage

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

People have manipulated the game since S04 for league purposes and it will remain a sore point for some and a not bothered for others.

Sadly I think the TTF will still be available in S07 as well as John says, the "Monster horse maker"

At present I do not see S07 being any different in league play as to S06, but we can hope that some things will change.

I am not bothered anymore how people play the game (TTF, Schedules etc) & choose the method to get them where they want & there is no rules in place saying you can't, which would be impossible to control anyhow.

But, just because its accessible does not always make it right. Example: So if I Race Run, don't like the result I can then re-run! because its accessible does this make it OK ? (I don't see a rule for RR's saying you can't re-run, it's just taken as read!) (Just thought about this, don't be getting ideas, if your thinking of helping out the Race Runners :lol: :lol: we do know how to check!)

But lets not all get on our high horses over this again, as the TTF method, the changing of Group races to sellers etc. is available on the forum if you search, so it has also been given to all.

Last edited by Anadin on Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:35 am
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
firstly what is the percentage of good horses that go to the barn i have seen tons of stars that end up with the sold abroad tag
and they never go to the barn. Id say a 3rd of the best horses in the game end up in the barn.

Everyone can use the breeding barn what you do only a fraction of people can do in fact I think you are the only person who
has publicly said you do this. You have access to buy any horse in the game that you want we can only take your word that
you do not abuse this.

The ttf is there for everyone to use its very simple copy and paste i made a video many years ago showing newbies how to use it
so they were not disadvantaged.

We had 5 new trainers who started this season who were 4 or 5 years behind everyone else yet because you have the knowledge and ability
to create your own schedules out side of the game you should be allowed to zoom by them as though you have a speedy boarding pass.

No offence but leaves a bad taste in the mouth to me and did when you posted about it the first time over a year ago.

Il leave it there made my point and its something i feel strongly about.

Not sure what I posted a year ago, but in season 5 I had the same amount of time as I have for this season. I lost every horse from season 5 due to moving from a Desktop computer to a laptop, which is the reason I had to start all over again this time, and the results have been very similar, so you saying 'We had 5 new trainers who started this season who were 4 or 5 years behind everyone else yet because you have the knowledge and ability

No offence but leaves a bad taste in the mouth to me and did when you posted about it the first time over a year ago'

Is very offensive tbh, especially as you are actually being very contradictory. It's very easy to change the schedule, takes 2 minutes at most, everyone has access to it, there's posts all over the forums on how to do it if you look.

So saying this is different to TTF's which you just said you have publicised and encouraged is a nonsense tbh, they're the same thing, they require the same knowledge, which is the ability to look on the forums. They both take no time at all, and aren't very technical. So how can you push one to newbies so they don't fall behind, but then in the same post say the other leaves a bad taste in the mouth

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:38 am
Group 3 winner

The Frankel affair is when someone got hold of him through a bug and used him to breed to, clearly he was not in the game to breed to. I think the computer can only generate a certain amount of ability to any gamebreed, it might have good one or two bars but not all of them and that's why computer horses can't compete with ours in game. Vinny show a picture of one of those horses!!! I'm curious to find out if they are better than normal ones. If someone wants to turn all schedule races into claimers then i'm fine because u can only do a certain amount of thoses races anyway.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:40 am
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:
People have manipulated the game since S04 for league purposes and it will remain a sore point for some and a not bothered for others.

Sadly I think the TTF will still be available in S07 as well as John says, the "Monster horse maker"

At present I do not see S07 being any different in league play as to S06, but we can hope that some things will change.

I am not bothered anymore how people play the game (TTF, Schedules etc) & choose the method to get them where they want & there is no rules in place saying you can't, which would be impossible to control anyhow.

But, just because its accessible does not always make it right. Example: So if I Race Run, don't like the result I can then re-run! because its accessible does this make it OK ? (I don't see a rule for RR's saying you can't re-run, it's just taken as read!) (Just thought about this, don't be getting ideas, if your thinking of helping out the Race Runners :lol: :lol: )

But lets not all get on our high horses over this again, as the TTF method, the changing of Group races to sellers etc. is available on the forum if you search, so it has also been given to all.

I can only apologise for this, I genuinely didn't know people took this much offence to this, and without it, I wouldn't be in the league. Personally I don't think I'm gaining any advantage other than speed, as I've played without them, an got similar horses, just over a much longer period of time. I couldn't have put a stable together this time without using it. It's not like I'm challenging in group 1s every week, I win the occasional H'cap. I am really using this season an next as practice for SO7, when I'm back on a level playing field and wont use any claimers. ALSO, I'll say again, theres a post that encourages the use of backing up saved games to get different foals each year, as a speed breeding. This is the exact same thing for me, it's just a manipulation for speed to the same end goal, there's no difference at all. The TTF's I could take or leave tbh.

Let's not forget, the only reason I'm using these, and the only reason I missed seasons 3,4, 6, an 7 is because all my horses an saves were lost through no fault of mine. I have lost a lot of effort about 3 times now, and had to start again each time. I don't think I've had time to breed a horse over 1m2 in the last few seasons I've managed to play, and if the game is continually wiping all my stuff, why would I not look for little speed boosts every now an then.

I don't class myself as a cheat, really is offensive that, I used to play this back when it was SO4, the league was a lot different then, and I actually quit because everyone was Hexing. I knew how to, an was encouraged to do it too, but didn't, I quit instead and didnt play again untill SO6 when I seen that all the Hexing had gone. An just for info, still managed to finish 5th despite that in one season so saying I'm only winning the occasional race because of this is wrong. I actually put lot's of hours in, an have masses of spreadsheets dedicated to the breeding that goes on after I get the game horses

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:56 am
Group 2 winner

ghosty wrote:
The Frankel affair is when someone got hold of him through a bug and used him to breed to, clearly he was not in the game to breed to. I think the computer can only generate a certain amount of ability to any gamebreed, it might have good one or two bars but not all of them and that's why computer horses can't compete with ours in game. Vinny show a picture of one of those horses!!! I'm curious to find out if they are better than normal ones. If someone wants to turn all schedule races into claimers then i'm fine because u can only do a certain amount of thoses races anyway.

How do I post a pic mate? I'll load my fillies CK horses up now. BTW, this is only for 5f I have no idea if it's the same for any other distance

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:58 am
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
ghosty wrote:

How do I post a pic mate? I'll load my fillies CK horses up now. BTW, this is only for 5f I have no idea if it's the same for any other distance

upload to https://imgbb.com/

& then post link

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:04 am
Group 2 winner

Sorry got that bit covered, assume it's the same as Photobucket. How do I save the photo from the game into a file I can upload? I'm thick with computers, which is kind of an irony I guess

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:13 am
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Sorry got that bit covered, assume it's the same as Photobucket. How do I save the photo from the game into a file I can upload? I'm thick with computers, which is kind of an irony I guess

No worries, press "Print screen" button then open up paint or whatever you like, then "Ctrl + V" at same time, then save as jpeg or whatever....

btw the word "cheat" will always get banded about, I am sure I have used it, but don't take to heart, we should change to a lesser word, like "file manager" :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:20 am
Group 2 winner

Ok, so below are currently the 4 of my 5 best best Fillies I have in my trials, The very best one I lost so can't get a pic, but that's Jeffel, the Japanese horse in the pic of the CK. Game horses only. I have just noticed that in the CK, these four are all foreign horses, however in my transfer pool, it says UK. Not sure if that's a bug, or if it's because they are now classed as UK because I own them or not, but only just noticed it. The first 2 pics show this.

Quiet Home, Probably the 2nd best one I got left

Won Damsel, not far off Jeffell, both Japanese an the reason I started the thread

Bubbles - on good ground only, as good as Jeffel an damsel, awful on the others grounds

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:47 am
Group 3 winner

Thanks vinny, just normal horses to me. No monster gamebreed horses, just like what u get normally.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next