View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 FINAL SO6 LEAGUE 
Group 1 winner

Post FINAL SO6 LEAGUE
This is to find out if we have a Team that can run a 13 week League Season below is a link to a Spreadsheet to people interested in helping run the league and on the spreadsheet you will see two lists for Race Runner and Commentator's just add your Name if you want to help out if you do you must have Drop Box although you can get a free version this will not give you enough Space to add Race Videos if the Dropbox has loads of races already added.

Once you have added any races of Coms it is advise not to switch your PC off once you pasted them as it can take ages to sync all Races and if you power off races or coms in some cases wont of loaded in I am Hopeful to get a start date sometime in April so time yet for you guys to get a team together and me to sort out the my Pc and race schedules.

LINK: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AmCeqNUg1PM0gZsiVld5UlgRSUQdxQ

Gray

Last edited by simpleminds on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: FINAL SO6 LEAGUE
Gray, when I click your link all I see is the message below.

"This item might not exist or is no longer available."

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Kevcon wrote:
Gray, when I click your link all I see is the message below.

"This item might not exist or is no longer available."

Should be ok now Kev.

Gray

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Thanks Gray.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:40 pm
Group 3 winner

Ive added my name as a race runner.

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:29 pm
Group 2 winner

April !?

What happened to February and initially January. Personally I think April is far too long to wait. We have already been off far longer than usual and the longer it is left the harder it will be to get it going.

I really think we have missed a trick here not having a league during the beta phase of SO7, would have helped Mark to promote the game and increased interest amongst those considering purchasing 7 if marketed and tagged appropriately on youtube. I also think it is a little unfair on the newer players who were just getting to a decent level that there seems to be a certain apathy and negativity towards it from some.

On the volunteer front I don't actually see much of an issue … its only really Josh who is unavailable everyone else has declared themselves as happy to continue and a couple have even offered to increase their activity. If it is your time that is the problem Gray there are many things that others can do to lighten your load. For example Doug, Stu and I can happily upload the intros and races to youtube and even synch all the comms instead of sending them back to you to do.. That should save you some time if needed.

Anyway not a criticism just an opinion as I have genuine concern that the league is in need of some serious love before it fades away entirely. That would be a shame as I have made some good friends on here and hope to continue making more.

Toodle pip

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Gray - If you are having computer problems, I can help out for a season. If we are prepared to ran the races mid week - I could do it all here in my shop. My computer is ballsy enough by half to run/up/download everything. It seems we have the volunteer numbers from previous posts.

To sign Gray's form - you may need to click the 'EDIT' button on the top of the page first.

Doug

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:16 am
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
If we are prepared to ran the races mid week - I could do it all here in my shop.

I actually prefer mid week due to no job and a lack of weekend social engagements, but still cool to help on weekends as well.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:24 am
Group 1 winner

Heartily agree with Martin here, who would have thunk it, April feels too far off, too many folk may migrate onto SO7, not enough may come back for the league, risks this all just fading away with a whimper. People will have broadly known about Jan/Feb for some time so those who are wanting to be involved should be largely ready.

Would love to say I can do the full time committment, but that would be to encourage divorce proceedings :). Should be able to help out from time to time though, maybe on the weekends John cannot do, and as an aside week day race running might also prove much easier for me also, I can do it from my home/work office without the wifey getting grumpy, I could likely commit if I had three days during the week to run them.

Josh

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:03 am
Group 1 winner

I need names on the list so I can count on guys first of all I would also rather weekday Race Running and perhaps to switch days Sunday Midnight declarations race Running Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday races out Thursday, Friday, Saturday Handicapper I am sure can be on board something to think about I put April down because I am having Computer Graphics Problem my step son has put a spare one in my PC but it cant run the races or game graphics on high and I need to be able to do one thing Kev that Pointer stuck on my Game screen is gone so perhaps it was the graphics Card on the way out.

If we can get the people names down then we cam bring the start date Forward but I want to make sure guys its 13 weeks long and I need the numbers to count on.

Gray

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:23 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Gray = re-do your post again and if you can make so people can't reply to it - just add their names. Also mention that they may need to click the edit button first so they are able to type in their name.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:55 am
Group 1 winner

As mentioned before more than happy to RR and of course comms, as well as helping with anything else within reason, like the idea of changing the days allowing some life at the weekends outside of the 13 weeks of S06 which I think will help all volunteers & may release a few more.....

Gray, if you want to drop the NH handicapping, I know both me and Martin would be happy to assist, I was part of the NH handicapper team back in the day of the Duke etc. (we might get it right hahahahaha) Obviously not lost any of my sense of humour in the break ;-)

p.s. I would suggest dropping the week 5/6 upload/retirement etc. your stable at the start is your stable at the end, will ease a bit of work for Leon and Gray, handicappers etc. mid season (I expect this will not be to the liking of some, but lets streamline this last s06 league)

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:59 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
As mentioned before more than happy to RR and of course comms, as well as helping with anything else within reason, like the idea of changing the days allowing some life at the weekends outside of the 13 weeks of S06 which I think will help all volunteers & may release a few more.....

Gray, if you want to drop the NH handicapping, I know both me and Martin would be happy to assist, I was part of the NH handicapper team back in the day of the Duke etc. (we might get it right hahahahaha) Obviously not lost any of my sense of humour in the break ;-)

p.s. I would suggest dropping the week 5/6 upload/retirement etc. your stable at the start is your stable at the end, will ease a bit of work for Leon and Gray, handicappers etc. mid season (I expect this will not be to the liking of some, but lets streamline this last s06 league)

I am all in favour of Dropping the NH Handicapping been looking for years for someone else to do it :lol: maybe just one guy on it would be better Stu though then he can explain himself like Sirius has to why the rating is what they got remember you or Martin will have access to change the ratings on Tom too so Leon will have to give you that access and you will have to alter the ratings Manually every week in the Horse File Folders and have them back to me so I can upload the new horse file form and ratings to Tom.

Gray

Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

I wouldn't mind running races mid week, more chance I'm around and i'm having my hours cut in work so i'll be home sooner through the week.

Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Looks like going mid week might be the way to go.

NH handicapping between Stu and Mart will work well - there is a very healthy connection between them that I see behind the scenes as we're linked up in messenger. I think it will be a good move.

Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next