View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 How many hours to play a season 
Group 2 winner

Post How many hours to play a season
I read somewhere that some players have played over 100 season's, I'm only in season 22 and this has taken me hours of game play to get there.

What season are you on and how many hours does it take you to play a season?

Most importantly where am I going wrong in taken hours to complete 1 season.

Cheers

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:05 am
Group 1 winner

I always have a full stable of 60 horses.

I have one game which I started when the game had been out a month or so. I am in season 95. I left the game for 2 months when Football Manager 09 was released though and then came back to it.

Currently it takes me a day to do a season but this is because trialing can take upto 2 hours. I am also looking after my lad in between :D which is probably why it takes me soo long.

I know trainers who have 2-4 different games that are both over the 60 season mark.

Dont be worrying about how many seasons other trainers are doing. It doesnt take long to produce good horses if your breeding barn is filled with good horses.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:27 am
Group 2 winner

One devoted to producing soft ground horses and this ties in with jump schooling for the NHC.

I have one stable for Turf up to Iron horse

One stable for Sprinters to Turf.

When I have time, I can get through 2-3 seasons a day. I run my own business, so, when that gets busy, I'm down to a half season a day, maybe one full season.

I start a season with 60 horses and end a season with approx 40. I've dumped horses that just don't trial well in the Race Builder. I only breed from horses that run well in the RB.

I concentrate on my 3yo's from Jan to Aug, with development of my 2yo's here and there. After Aug, I concentrate on my 2yo's

Cheers..

Colm

Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:54 pm
Group 1 winner

I have one stable and have done 40 odd seasons - my only game since i bought it.

I can do a season about every 3 days. I'm full time employed though so fitting that around evening meal, gym etc. is pretty tough.

It would be faster if I didn't enter in game races...

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:44 pm
Handicapper

I got 3 games going played about 30 seasons in each.

Mine is dedicated to sprint, mids and stayers (i kind of regret doing this though). Sprinter, stayer games takes bout an hour for a season but the main game with middle distance horses takes about 3 hours.

just a question of my own: is there a benefit of duplicating stables to focus on certain areas? if so which areas do you focus on?

cheers

Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:47 am
Group 1 winner

There is a benefit as you can focus purely on what you need but the disadvantage is that you cannot cross-breed.

I personally only have one game for enjoyment purposes. Having 3 different games would depress me and kill the enjoyment plus I would probably end up favouring one game and not wanting to leave it.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]