View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 SO7 
Group 1 winner

Post SO7
Mark better sort out the potential bar in this game because if he doesn't then we can forget a league because I just ran a couple of new 5f horses( my first races under the Kit) under this system compared to horses I breed when the game came out and the old horses beat my new ones by 15L :lol: :lol: :lol: So to say Mark hasn't messed with the potential is very funny :lol: :lol:

I take that back , its not as bad as 15L more like 5 or 6L but the CK is worse than on SO6 !!!!! I don't have full races because not got enough horses to run in the races but it makes a few horses in every race run badly and after one or two races it seems to get corrupted and just puts in horses it wants. Paul or Jim how has u CK been like.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:17 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: SO7
CK issues aside, the issue of patch changes poses a problem so far as a level playing field goes.
I can see a situation where trainers will be reverting back to a patch that produces the best horses.
One possible solution to this is if Mark can insert the game version into the exported horse file which can be checked somehow by the League.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
CK issues aside, the issue of patch changes poses a problem so far as a level playing field goes.
I can see a situation where trainers will be reverting back to a patch that produces the best horses.
One possible solution to this is if Mark can insert the game version into the exported horse file which can be checked somehow by the League.

Another problem is not only is there over 6L difference or more but under this new system u horses are not improving much between 3 and 5 and so my horses are not even getting full by 5 . The potential is not improving much if any between years. If we have to arse around with when we breed horses then im not doing that , so u'd have to undo u game to near when the game came out would just spoil the game for me . I suppose lets just enjoy what we have with So6 because there are loads of headaches to come withSO7.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Interesting that the majority of SO players play single player only but it's the minority league players who test the limits of the game.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:55 pm
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Mark better sort out the potential bar in this game because if he doesn't then we can forget a league because I just ran a couple of new 5f horses( my first races under the Kit) under this system compared to horses I breed when the game came out and the old horses beat my new ones by 15L :lol: :lol: :lol: So to say Mark hasn't messed with the potential is very funny :lol: :lol:

I take that back , its not as bad as 15L more like 5 or 6L but the CK is worse than on SO6 !!!!! I don't have full races because not got enough horses to run in the races but it makes a few horses in every race run badly and after one or two races it seems to get corrupted and just puts in horses it wants. Paul or Jim how has u CK been like.

Like you I don't have many horses in the ck yet but I just ran a few trials with my older 3yo 100% horses against my newer 5yo 100% horses and my newer 5yo horses are slightly better but that is probably because I have increased the extra speed and cruising burst in the new horses by about 20%

The newer horses at 3yo are only about 92% potential and the older 100% 3yo horses beat them easily even with the increase in extra speed and cruising burst in the newer horses.

One thing I do notice now in the ck is that the avg distance of all my horses is missing.

Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:24 pm
Group 3 winner

i say have another SO6 again

Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:19 pm
Group 3 winner

If in the final version you could only get 50% potential by 5yo i wouldnt care, as long as its the same for all trainers.
We cant get above 85% CB in SO6 and that isnt an issue because its the same for everyione.

Rushing to adopt SO7 for the league will do more harm than good.

I think League trainers understand the pro's and con's of continuing with SO6.

CK can be fixed, but the cat is already out of the bag in regards to previous patches producing better horses.
This must be resolved.

I would happily continue with SO6 until SO7 becomes a viable replacement.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:18 am
Group 1 winner

Nothing to like about so7. It is basically exactly the same game with a small re-skin and totally shagged up breeding, training and horse progression, and the more I watch it develop the less i believe Mark has any sort of plan as to what he wants to do with it or why.

Those who have a ck full of early version horses will also walk any early league. Correction Paul will walk any early league :) assuming there is anyone who actually gets a string together. Honestly i don’t know why people waste there time with it.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:40 am
Group 1 winner

I've got to admit I've really liked playing the game this week :D :D Its The first time in ages I've played it and I won't be able to play again in a while ( of to Aintree for the week :D :D ) and easter coming but if u forget about the stupid potential bar its a fun game, I love how u can follow all u horses u breed and all the sons and daughters . Its a better game than 6 :D :D and I could play it for years even if we never have a league .

Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:00 pm
Group 1 winner

I have deleted SO6 and dont plan to come back to it so if there is another league of SO6 I wont be taking part
I will run the DCC and everything that comes with that as normal Id personally think it would be a huge backward
step to reinstall SO6 and start playing it again I'd rather carry on with 7.

When I bought up the potential issue a few weeks back i took a real hammering over it but I could see the problems
that were coming lets face it anyone who does not play for the league could not care less about it but I saw the issues
that are mentioned above.

It's harsh on me Jim and anyone who started early on SO7 but id rather a restart and it be a fair league than no restart
and some having an unfair advantage and then naturally there would be resentment.

This is why i was frustrated by the goalposts had moved in terms of potential so late on but have already come to terms
with the thought of loosing 100s of hours of hard work.

As for the CK on the flat I have only trialed 3YO's and once i saw the potential problem i did not breed anymore flat horses
so I personally cant compare the 2 lots.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:23 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
I have deleted SO6 and dont plan to come back to it so if there is another league of SO6 I wont be taking part
I will run the DCC and everything that comes with that as normal Id personally think it would be a huge backward

When I bought up the potential issue a few weeks back i took a real hammering over it but I could see the problems
that were coming lets face it anyone who does not play for the league could not care less about it but I saw the issues

It's harsh on me Jim and anyone who started early on SO7 but id rather a restart and it be a fair league than no restart
and some having an unfair advantage and then naturally there would be resentment.

This is why i was frustrated by the goalposts had moved in terms of potential so late on but have already come to terms

As for the CK on the flat I have only trialed 3YO's and once i saw the potential problem i did not breed anymore flat horses

Paul the hammering you took was only from a couple of anti-league trolls.
The issue i see is when the league adopts SO7 how will we deal with previous versions that can produce superior horses.
Can previous versions actually produce better horses?
There are some critical questions that need to be addressed.

Is Gray and the rest of the team keen to continue with a SO7 league?

How many current trainers will take part in a SO7 league?

Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:42 am
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

I don't think Mark wants to change it now and I canm see why because it's set up perfectly for all normal players in that it's tougher and the game will last longer for them. Not sure how we solve the league problems!!!!

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:46 am
Group 2 winner

Like John said, I don't think Mark will re-set the game now just to suit league players.

I don't know how Paul, John or anyone else who bred 100% 3yo horses before patch 0.98 feels about what I am suggesting but all I can do is promise I will not enter any pre-patch 0.98 horses in an SO7 league.

Unless I start from total scratch with my breeding, which is about 75 seasons old and took an awfull lot of work, there will be some of the good genes in my horses but at the moment all they produce is 92% horses at 3yo.

If I find any 100% 3yo gamebred horses from now on then I will breed these with my existing horses, that seems only fair and everyone has a chance to find such horses with the newer patches if these gamebred horses exist now.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:37 pm
Group 3 winner

Wannabe wrote:
Like John said, I don't think Mark will re-set the game now just to suit league players.

I don't know how Paul, John or anyone else who bred 100% 3yo horses before patch 0.98 feels about what I am suggesting but all I can do is promise I will not enter any pre-patch 0.98 horses in an SO7 league.

Unless I start from total scratch with my breeding, which is about 75 seasons old and took an awfull lot of work, there will be some of the good genes in my horses but at the moment all they produce is 92% horses at 3yo.

If I find any 100% 3yo gamebred horses from now on then I will breed these with my existing horses, that seems only fair and everyone has a chance to find such horses with the newer patches if these gamebred horses exist now.

When I get home i'll have a look but I don't think I even breed a full 3yo even with the old system and i'd say the best I breed last week was about 85 percent.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Problem is horses from the earlier patches can be bought into a new game granted they will only
now produce 90% 3YO's if you breed to them but they can still be exported to the CK from a new game with
100% potential

I Have no answers really and this was my concern a few weeks back

Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next