View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Breeding for the SO7 league 
Handicapper

Post Re: Breeding for the SO7 league
kniesh wrote:
Jim Murray wrote:
kniesh wrote:
Christ Jim, those Stats insane. I've now played over 50 seasons easy, buying every horse, an still not got one 100% potential horse. Getting close to just packing in now.

Most of these full bars I didn't get from buying horses at auction, they came from either starting loads of new saved games or from breeding with gamebred stallions in the barn.

This is how my saved games are organised.

Like I said it has taken about 300 seasons, but I use a small schedule that only lasts 5 months and you can get thru a season quickly. Also the horse above has now been sold at auction as a 7yo. I did this with lots of different top class horses throughout the various seasons hoping that the AI would use them for breeding and their better prodgeny would come into the game\barn. Sometimes the AI retires them but at the moment there are 4 horses like this in the barn which I have sold to other trainers. Also another 2 horses in the barn who are decendants of a horse I sold at auction.

I have 3 saved games going just now, a UK flat game and a US flat game, both about 50 seasons old, that are used only for breeding my mares to gamebred stallions. When I find a stallion from one of these saves that looks like a good prospect I retire him to the gamepool and bring the horse into my main game which is about 120 seasons old and breed the heck out of them.

I have had a few other temporary saved games that lasted only about 15 - 20 seasons that I used at the start of my breeding program when I found a horse with one good bar. I put this stallion in the temporary game along with about 10 mares until the new bar starting to breed true and then imported the first good stallion I bred into my main game.

Hope this helps.

Jim

Cheers Jim, so you saying you still see horses from just starting an restarting games with 100% pot? Thought I read somewhere this was useless now, so I haven't tried that way yet.

It’s how I got American Smooth, he was a 90% 2yo starter horse.

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:38 pm
Group 2 winner

Thanks, think I'll change my plan of attack

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
Group 2 winner

Thanks, think I'll change my plan of attack

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2