View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Att. Gray and Paul 
Group 1 winner

Post Att. Gray and Paul
From what I remember reading is that you cannot transfer a horse, for example from an English jumps game into an Australian game and then use the breeding from those horses in the League - is this correct?

If this is the case I think there needs to be a pinned post stating this and any other new rules for all trainers planning on competing in SO7 League.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:43 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Att. Gray and Paul
U can do that Doug, I imagine Paul using his Irish and UK game. I've not played the jumps and possibly will never have the time, does the Oz jumps work now and does it have a schedule. If I ever do get around to playing the jumps i'd love to have a Oz and UK jumps game just like my US and Oz flat game.

Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:41 am
Group 1 winner

Never heard of that rule Doug the only rule is you cant have more than one horse with the same parents (Clones)
thats the only rule I have really ever heard of when it come to breeding for the league

Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I will have to go search for it when I get a bit of spare time but I am sure that Mark put up a post stating that.
The last thing we need is to start the first SO7 season and a heap of trainers are DQ'd from racing.

I did read somewhere that Mark was working on an Aussie jumps game but I don't know if it is up and running yet. That is something that could entice me back - not that Australia has the prestige as the English/Irish/Scottish jumps races but it would be fun for me at least.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:05 am
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
I will have to go search for it when I get a bit of spare time but I am sure that Mark put up a post stating that.
The last thing we need is to start the first SO7 season and a heap of trainers are DQ'd from racing.

Now that you mention it, I may have seen a similiar post by Mark about 4 months ago. I hope this isn't the case because I would have to start from complete scratch and I think Paul and a few others would be in the same boat.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:26 am
Group 1 winner

Jim Murray wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

Now that you mention it, I may have seen a similiar post by Mark about 4 months ago. I hope this isn't the case because I would have to start from complete scratch and I think Paul and a few others would be in the same boat.

I think it was about four months ago that I read it.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:12 am
Group 1 winner

I'd be Ok because I just play my US game but if it was true then I suppose a total reset for everyone would be in order. I think it would have been best if u had to pick one country to play the game.

Doug I see its a combine OZ schedule , has anyone got it to work.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:17 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
I'd be Ok because I just play my US game but if it was true then I suppose a total reset for everyone would be in order. I think it would have been best if u had to pick one country to play the game.

I might check it out tomorrow.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:47 am
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

I see they only have two races in the schedule but that might tempt me to play a UK and Oz jump game , i'll need to make the races in the schedule but I don't mind doing them plus I like to follow the Oz jump races in real life. That would get me interested in playing a jumps game. :D

Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:51 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:

This statement is not me spitting the dummy or throwing my toys out the pram or
running away taking my ball home or throwing my weight around or not being selfish but if there
was a total reset now there is no way i will be taking part in the league I have put alot of time into it and since
Mark said 2 or 3 months ago there are no plans for a restart unless there is a major bug in the game that needs
one played alot more heavily the thought of starting again just makes me shudder.

the game has been out for over 8 months now and for the most part of that time i have been playing the game a few
hours a day some days more than that if that was all just one big waste of time id actually quit the game all together
and look for something else maybe try and get back to footy management games.

I'm just being honest but if thats what the majority want then il be out but remain an interested viewer and run the DCC.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

running away taking my ball home or throwing my weight around or not being selfish but if there
was a total reset now there is no way i will be taking part in the league I have put alot of time into it and since
Mark said 2 or 3 months ago there are no plans for a restart unless there is a major bug in the game that needs
one played alot more heavily the thought of starting again just makes me shudder.

the game has been out for over 8 months now and for the most part of that time i have been playing the game a few
hours a day some days more than that if that was all just one big waste of time id actually quit the game all together

I'm just being honest but if thats what the majority want then il be out but remain an interested viewer and run the DCC.

If this is not spitting the dummy out I don't know what is :lol:

I'm not sure u getting it , if Doug is right then most people horses are not going to work . Its that simple.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

Doug im writing the races and so if u want it u only have to ask . :D

Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:31 pm
Group 3 winner

A few months ago someone found a comment in the SO7 guide written by Mark stating that transferred horses and foals of transferred horses would not be able to be used in the League.
Mark then commented that while he had included the ability to do this in the SO7 code he had not activated it, and that leaving the comment in the SO7 guide was an oversite.

I might go look for the post later.....i'm still only on my first coffee.

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18144&p=151126#p151126
Mark wrote:
There was a conversation here some time ago (before SO7 release) about eliminating transfered horses. I had decided to implement some code to support this and must have then added it to the instructions but the conversation had petered out so no more was done. I forgot to remove it from the instructions. So it does not have to be that way.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:23 am
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:

If this is not spitting the dummy out I don't know what is :lol:

I'm not sure u getting it , if Doug is right then most people horses are not going to work . Its that simple.

John you have known me on here a long time surprised about that comment I Certainly was not spitting the dummy
just explaining how i feel and if there is a restart for any reason then i just could not face starting over again - I am
not saying there should not be a restart what i think does not count anyway if its for the good of the game or the league
then it should be done of course it should.

i'd never make threats to quit if things did not go my way (Which other members have done in the recent past)
but id never ever do that I'm just saying that if it does go that way I couldn't stomach the thought of starting
over and wont be.

Hey maybe its for the best anyway good luck lads wow you thought you knew someone.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:57 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Paul if everyone's horses didn't work then we all would have needed to start back at the beginning , we wouldn't have had a choice if Mark had put whatever it was in the horse files . So if that was the case ( Jango has shown its not ) then are u saying u wouldn't have started again!!!!!! I really don't know where u coming from on this one and by writing that last line u doing it again. Perhaps we shouldn't have a league , no one cares for this game and perhaps it really is to much hassle for everyone.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next