View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Future SO7 league discussion thread. 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Future SO7 league discussion thread.
Tomas wrote:
delmonty1964 wrote:
Tomas wrote:
Attention Paul! seeing that you are the moderator on this forum you need to pull your so called friend delmonty into line for calling me an Idiot a few posts back seeing that you pull me into line for less, a simple apology will do, if I don't get it, you would be flagging the rules of this forum has changed so I would take it that from now on I will be attacking any one that would call me names.

PS. being biaste as a moderator paul, is not acceptable.

sorry Thomas

Thank you delmonty, you are a true gentleman, water under the bridge.

Many Thanx Thomas

Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Thomas not been well for a few days I cant be here 24/7 I am a volunteer mod and the only one.

Doug it does not matter what your horse does in the game
it's how they perform in the CK I have had superstars in game that were total duds in the CK and when
breeding for the league the only thing that matters is the CK it always has been.

Hidden bars will make trialing an nightmare you will have to virtually have to trail every horse you breed.
It seems this is what the majority want which if so it should be implemented what the majority want should
always win but count me out lads.

In Answer to Del Trainers have a fair idea of the level of there horses before they even hit the track at the
end of the day mate this is not real life its a game.

Look at the huge success of Championship Manager in 2001 - 04 the last great football management games
its totally stats based they are not hidden and there are many more stats. I have started playing 03/04 again
and am really enjoying it think I will stick with it and look for other things to fill the gap that SO will leave.

Anyway all the best lads il still run the DCC and pop in (League Forum) now and again to see how things are going
and how you are all doing and run what I have in Gray's trials day.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:37 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

It's all good paul don't stress, you get yourself better mate.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:03 am
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Thomas not been well for a few days I cant be here 24/7 I am a volunteer mod and the only one.

Doug it does not matter what your horse does in the game
it's how they perform in the CK I have had superstars in game that were total duds in the CK and when
breeding for the league the only thing that matters is the CK it always has been.

Hidden bars will make trialing an nightmare you will have to virtually have to trail every horse you breed.
It seems this is what the majority want which if so it should be implemented what the majority want should
always win but count me out lads.

In Answer to Del Trainers have a fair idea of the level of there horses before they even hit the track at the
end of the day mate this is not real life its a game.

Look at the huge success of Championship Manager in 2001 - 04 the last great football management games
its totally stats based they are not hidden and there are many more stats. I have started playing 03/04 again
and am really enjoying it think I will stick with it and look for other things to fill the gap that SO will leave.

Anyway all the best lads il still run the DCC and pop in (League Forum) now and again to see how things are going
and how you are all doing and run what I have in Gray's trials day.

I'm going to disagree the last great footy manager is Football Manager 14. It's before they started to go over the top and I can still change every stat in the game. I started playing it again and my nantwich team with Bale and Ramsey are spanking the other teams :lol:

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:11 am
Group 1 winner

The way i see it in this thread there have been only a handful of league trainers stressing an opinion
4 regularly me Josh John & Doug all of us have very strong opinions on what way the direction the game and
the league should go forward. But at the end of the day we all get 1 vote each an majority rules and if you dont
like what the majority wants then you call it a day and there is nothing wrong with that.

I think a poll is a good idea but we need as many league trainers as possible to vote to get a fair result on major changes
if you put up a poll and 8 people vote its not gaging what the league community wants just those who voted if 75% of
league trainers vote then you have a rock solid idea of what the majority want and go with that.

John tried them all up to 2015 and i personally found that they were just too indepth took too long to play I gave it a go
but very quickly got bored. I'm really enjoying CM03/04 again and just got the England job ready for the 2006 world cup :lol:

Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
The way i see it in this thread there have been only a handful of league trainers stressing an opinion
4 regularly me Josh John & Doug all of us have very strong opinions on what way the direction the game and
the league should go forward. But at the end of the day we all get 1 vote each an majority rules and if you dont
like what the majority wants then you call it a day and there is nothing wrong with that.

I think a poll is a good idea but we need as many league trainers as possible to vote to get a fair result on major changes
if you put up a poll and 8 people vote its not gaging what the league community wants just those who voted if 75% of
league trainers vote then you have a rock solid idea of what the majority want and go with that.

John tried them all up to 2015 and i personally found that they were just too indepth took too long to play I gave it a go
but very quickly got bored. I'm really enjoying CM03/04 again and just got the England job ready for the 2006 world cup :lol:

I think we need a open vote and for everyone to vote on it not just a few and we need a vote where u can vote on more than one thing so everyone knows where they stand. Champ Manager was the first real in depth manager game.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:41 am
Group 1 winner

Well I don't think you'll get many people voting through the forum.
We might get more if Gray or someone else volunteers to do a mass generic email to trainers through TOM with voting options.
I think what Mark is proposing is a sound idea.
It's just a matter if one or more bars are hidden or no bars are hidden.
I'd probably stay safe and hide no bars but if people voted for the potential bar to be hidden then I'd happily go along with that.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:17 pm
Group 3 winner

I dont think hidden bars is the way to go. I think it will create too much work for the casual player. A league mode in SO7 I think is a very good idea.

On another note, I think for newcomers it can be a bit confusing with the terms online league/league mode. Most younger players I think like instant results, and the fact that you may have to wait three months, and then enter your horses manually could put some off, confuse others.

I have always been in favour of the league, I like it a lot and long may the league continue, but in its current format, is it possible to cater for 150-200 players? Or what is the ultimate number of participants?

I think starters orders should cater for an online mode where you can instantly test your horses against other players on a day by day basis. That you will maybe recruit the younger generation who needs more instant play.

The possibility to challenge your friends with your horses on a sunday nights racing in your own mini-league could probably be a lot of fun.

For me, the way the league is now, that is perfect for me, I love it, but I think startegic designs need to think about its future audience.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:28 pm
Group 3 winner

I wouldn't hide the potential bar because it's so erratic now, u have no idea what potential bar horse u going to get now so to hide it doesn't make a lot of sense. I still think hiding one of the other two main bars would be the way to go if u want to hide one. I think geting shot of the ttf's instantly levels the playing field and then it's up to the players how they want to tackle it.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:37 pm
Group 1 winner

Taunton wrote:
I dont think hidden bars is the way to go. I think it will create too much work for the casual player. A league mode in SO7 I think is a very good idea. .

it will make it ridiculously longer mate

some members who wanted things to be made easier for casual players now all of a sudden want hidden stats
making it far harder which is not a problem the problem is you will have to trial every single horse that comes into your yard every
single one and if you breed 50+ a year that would mean at least 3 or 4 sets of trials per game season = A NIGHTMARE.

Part of the reason People wanted rid of the ttf was to cut down tedious trialing believe me this will be far worse
but lets see what people want when a poll gets started.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I agree with john that the main thing is the ttf files once they're gone it will be a massive leveller though I would be inclined to keep all bars for the time being and see where it goes they could be altered at a later date

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Like I said I don't mind the bars being open my problem was the TTF file with a League mode Game play Bars showing is not a problem I agree it would make it harder if Hidden like I said the guys who put the most time into the game Paul, Josh will still be ahead of most of us but we be more competitive in the long run.

I will have a poll Done Options will be

Bars Open

Bars Hidden

Then I will only Count the Guys that leave a post on the thread and say what they voted for that way it will be open and can be seen.

Gray

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Like I said I don't mind the bars being open my problem was the TTF file with a League mode Game play Bars showing is not a problem I agree it would make it harder if Hidden like I said the guys who put the most time into the game Paul, Josh will still be ahead of most of us but we be more competitive in the long run.

I will have a poll Done Options will be

Bars Open

Bars Hidden

Then I will only Count the Guys that leave a post on the thread and say what they voted for that way it will be open and can be seen.

Gray

I'd slightly disagree with u about people who play the most will be massively ahead because it doesn't matter if u in season 20 or season 120 u have the chance to lose a good horse, when the time comes for him to leave u breeding barn then it's gone for good and if u didn't get much out of him then u wont improve plus at any stage of the game u could find a gamebreed colt-mare who could improve u breeding a lot in one go. People who has bred normally for 6 or 7 will get a early advantage because they will always breed that way, it's the ones who has always used the ttf's will have to learn a different way to breed. I tried to play this game normally and I got to around 45 seasons and I was breeding 60 two year olds and they were blowing my mind :lol:

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:02 pm
Group 1 winner

The Breeding Barn is a different Matter john we cant do anything about I hate my 2yo's and Juvenile, Novices Running like donkeys on their first two runs. that's gone way to far with the greeness

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

It doesn’t surprise me that the players that are very very good at finding the stats of horses and progressing them very very quickly are the ones that don’t won’t them hidden! Of course not as it takes that advantage away.
It was only an idea and I still say it’s closer to normal life than not and trust me this league has lost more players because of the stats than it would hiding them. The ttf going l think is a must but for me the league will still be ridiculously dominated by the players who can desisvate a lot of time and are very good at the system they use to progress stats! It will just be a one or 2 player dominated league as it has been for a few seasons !
Whatever the poll equals then as this world should be we bow down to the majority else no point having the poll

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next