View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Future SO7 league discussion thread. 
Selling plater

Post Re: Future SO7 league discussion thread.
It doesn’t surprise me that the players that are very very good at finding the stats of horses and progressing them very very quickly are the ones that don’t won’t them hidden! Of course not as it takes that advantage away.
It was only an idea and I still say it’s closer to normal life than not and trust me this league has lost more players because of the stats than it would hiding them. The ttf going l think is a must but for me the league will still be ridiculously dominated by the players who can desisvate a lot of time and are very good at the system they use to progress stats! It will just be a one or 2 player dominated league as it has been for a few seasons !
Whatever the poll equals then as this world should be we bow down to the majority else no point having the poll

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:39 pm
Group 3 winner

Mwestwood u talking total crap if u don't mind me saying, no one can manipulate anything. U just add a to b and u get c, the computer does the rest. I was Top of the flat and I said about hiding the bars but hiding the potential will not change much because it's total random what the computer gives u so cheating or whatever crap u talking about means nothing. Next time bring something to the table or be quiet.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:11 pm
Selling plater

ghosty wrote:
Mwestwood u talking total crap if u don't mind me saying, no one can manipulate anything. U just add a to b and u get c, the computer does the rest. I was Top of the flat and I said about hiding the bars but hiding the potential will not change much because it's total random what the computer gives u so cheating or whatever crap u talking about means nothing. Next time bring something to the table or be quiet.

?????im totally lost mate! Cheating and manipulating is not mentioned at all in the above post?!? I said players that have good systems and have ways they use to progress the stats with time advantages. Kind of makes me laugh that this “cheating” word is thrown around just because another player makes a suggestion about changing how things out now!!
As said the poll will speak

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:24 pm
Group 3 winner

So please enlighten us when u say by hiding the stats it takes away a advantage, everyone who's ever played the game gets to see the stats so how do people get a advantage. Ikd love to know.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:45 pm
Group 1 winner

With the poll - 'bars hidden' sounds vague. To me that says 'all bars hidden' - I don't think anyone really wants that.

Unless we do a secondary poll where if someone ticks 'bars hidden' they then vote if it's all the bars or just potential or speed or a combination of bars.

Ridding the league of ttf is paramount!

PS Is the ck that important? Didn't trainers last league season doubt their results with the ck?

Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:53 pm
Group 2 winner

ghosty wrote:
So please enlighten us when u say by hiding the stats it takes away a advantage, everyone who's ever played the game gets to see the stats so how do people get a advantage. I'd love to know.

Think I can answer this. The leading trainers all use the quick breeding method to get full stats, the lower league players don't, I imagine this is what Mike means. Hiding one of the stats would completely stop this, however, the removal of the TTF will stop this too, so I'm actually along the lines of the potential bar definitely shouldn't be hidden, and if we do go down that route then it should be a couple of the secondary stats hidden.

Personally I wouldn't have any hidden, what's the advantage of seeing them if you can't save them and keep re-using them? There doesn't seem to be to me. I think what the removal of the TTF will do is stop the top trainers getting pretty much maxed out breeding line, almost perfect horses, which for me is where the league is at the moment. It will also allow the possibility of the lower trainers grabbing a very good horse that can compete. The top trainers will still get a lot more better horses, but there's a good chance the lower guys can get one to compete, which will add a lot for the league.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:02 pm
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
With the poll - 'bars hidden' sounds vague. To me that says 'all bars hidden' - I don't think anyone really wants that.

Unless we do a secondary poll where if someone ticks 'bars hidden' they then vote if it's all the bars or just potential or speed or a combination of bars.

PS Is the ck that important? Didn't trainers last league season doubt their results with the ck?

The poll should be open so u can tick all of them or just the one u want, it should have everything on it from hide all to hide none and everything in between. I would tick hide none but I would also tick hide one of the cruise or speed bars.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:03 pm
Group 2 winner

NPG319 wrote:

yes some of the results thrown up can be dodgy, however it is vital at the start of your breeding you get the horses that are better in the CK. If you don't, you continue to breed a line that is inferior to what it should be.

example, if you start a game and find 2 colts that have very good stats and one wins 10 group1 races in the game and the other 1. But when you race them in the CK the one with 1 group1 win is 2 lengths better than the other. You should 100% breed from that horse. What you're doing is starting with a potential that is 2 lengths more than the other horse. The CK has it's flaws, but it is much more representative of the league racing kit than any in game form.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:09 pm
Group 1 winner

I think I get what Mwestwood is saying.

I will use the potential bar as the example - With it in the really experienced trainers will know how to mine it the fastest to full potential and clearly have the upper hand.

If it is hidden then everyone is working on all the other bars and yes the really experienced trainers will know how to mine those other bars faster than less experienced players BUT it isn't hard for any player to find a full speed bar for example.

With the potential bar gone - all trainers are mining the other bars and may well be doing well in their ck but they wont really know if they have a healthy potential bar until they race in the league. What this MIGHT do is allow a less experienced player to breed good potential into their breeding by chance or blind luck and winning a decent race. This could not happen in SO6.

With all that said and done - I think the trainers who dedicate the most time at breeding will increase their chances of finding healthy potential.

There is no silver bullet but the aim is to narrow the gap between the least successful trainer and the most successful trainer so the lesser trainer is looking at a creek or brook and can see stepping stones to cross to the other side and not standing on one side of the Grand Canyon and thinking they have no hope and giving up.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:14 pm
Group 3 winner

Doug I don't know how much u have played 7 but unlike 6 where if u bred a full potential colt with a full potential mare then u would get a full bar potential 100 percent of the time in this game I would say it's about a 5 percent in this game so u have 0 percent control of it.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:23 pm
Selling plater

NPG319 wrote:
I think I get what Mwestwood is saying.

I will use the potential bar as the example - With it in the really experienced trainers will know how to mine it the fastest to full potential and clearly have the upper hand.

If it is hidden then everyone is working on all the other bars and yes the really experienced trainers will know how to mine those other bars faster than less experienced players BUT it isn't hard for any player to find a full speed bar for example.

With the potential bar gone - all trainers are mining the other bars and may well be doing well in their ck but they wont really know if they have a healthy potential bar until they race in the league. What this MIGHT do is allow a less experienced player to breed good potential into their breeding by chance or blind luck and winning a decent race. This could not happen in SO6.

With all that said and done - I think the trainers who dedicate the most time at breeding will increase their chances of finding healthy potential.

There is no silver bullet but the aim is to narrow the gap between the least successful trainer and the most successful trainer so the lesser trainer is looking at a creek or brook and can see stepping stones to cross to the other side and not standing on one side of the Grand Canyon and thinking they have no hope and giving up.

This is exactly what I mean, I’m trying to stop the huge gulf between the top and bottom, I have thought about this and I think hiding the potential bar only could be the perfect answer. We can all work on other bars but won’t know until the league how good that horse is! It at least gives ALL players a hope of breeding a top class horse! The ttf file has to go both importing AND exporting being took away from league mode! As that not only makes imo opinion the future of the league look solid as if a lesser trainer does find a beast they have a chance to breed that in the game for the next season and so on!

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:24 pm
Group 1 winner

What about Two Polls if Hidden Bars wins the first poll.

Poll 1

Open Bars

Hidden Bars

Poll 2 if Hidden Bars Opted For

Potential Bar Hidden

Speed and Cruise Bar Hidden.

Gray

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

simpleminds wrote:
What about Two Polls if Hidden Bars wins the first poll.

Poll 1

Open Bars

Hidden Bars

Poll 2 if Hidden Bars Opted For

Potential Bar Hidden

Speed and Cruise Bar Hidden.

Gray

Great idea Gray! I would be a huge fan of hiding the potential bar only if we got to that stage

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:32 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Doug I don't know how much u have played 7 but unlike 6 where if u bred a full potential colt with a full potential mare then u would get a full bar potential 100 percent of the time in this game I would say it's about a 5 percent in this game so u have 0 percent control of it.

ok

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Gray - Hold off with the poll for now just to make sure everyone has time to comment and debate it first. Maybe wait a couple of days.

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next