View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Future SO7 league discussion thread. 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Future SO7 league discussion thread.
I think not showing the Potential Bar would be interesting and would have merit - it would force everyone to race their horses in game instead of just breeding and trialling in the ck only to gauge where their horses are at. I think if you're an experienced League trainer you'd have a good idea how your breeding is going by in game results.

Someone may have suggested blanking out all the bars but I think this would make the game too hard - just removing the Potential bar would be enough for the League.

Before anyone gets triggered - I am NOT endorsing this for the League. I am just expressing the merits (good or bad) about this idea.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:49 am
Group 2 winner

NPG319 wrote:
I think not showing the Potential Bar would be interesting and would have merit - it would force everyone to race their horses in game instead of just breeding and trialling in the ck only to gauge where their horses are at. I think if you're an experienced League trainer you'd have a good idea how your breeding is going by in game results.

Someone may have suggested blanking out all the bars but I think this would make the game too hard - just removing the Potential bar would be enough for the League.

Before anyone gets triggered - I am NOT endorsing this for the League. I am just expressing the merits (good or bad) about this idea.

very interesting doug, I wouldn't mind seeing this happen for the league, it would stop a lot of cheating and make the players play a low game, yea I'll agree with this if mark made it happen for league players.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:42 am
Group 2 winner

Attention Paul! seeing that you are the moderator on this forum you need to pull your so called friend delmonty into line for calling me an Idiot a few posts back seeing that you pull me into line for less, a simple apology will do, if I don't get it, you would be flagging the rules of this forum has changed so I would take it that from now on I will be attacking any one that would call me names.

PS. being biaste as a moderator paul, is not acceptable.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:51 am
Site Admin

Whoever is dealing with the running of the races should contact me via the usual email(s). I'll send a league build out. It's been a while since I looked at this so will need testing. It should not be long before it can be used.

On the future league only single player game not showing stats is interesting and I quite like the idea. At the end of the day it's down to getting a consensus from league players after discussions here.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:23 am
Group 3 winner

Instead of hiding all the bars how about hiding one, u'd have a little bit of unknown without it totally. I'd keep the potential and hide the second most important and that is speed bar. That way it's something for everyone.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:07 pm
Handicapper

I think hiding the potential bar would be the way to go personally.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:31 pm
Group 1 winner

bazdev wrote:
I think hiding the potential bar would be the way to go personally.

I agree.

I think something like this has the potential to narrow the gulf between the casual player or the player who doesn't have a lot of spare time and the top trainers. It will still reward the trainer who dedicates a lot of time to the game but it may also give a chance to the casual player to stumble on a gem in the stable where one horse in their stable might be able to serve it up in a Group race.
This might really come into play in the Hunt races more so than the flat.

Last edited by NPG319 on Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
Whoever is dealing with the running of the races should contact me via the usual email(s). I'll send a league build out. It's been a while since I looked at this so will need testing. It should not be long before it can be used.

On the future league only single player game not showing stats is interesting and I quite like the idea. At the end of the day it's down to getting a consensus from league players after discussions here.

E-mail sent Mark just incase grayham37 @ Hotmail dot com

Gray

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Jango wrote:
Thomas
Hows about we don't turn this important thread into another one of your sparring sessions?
Cheers Mate

totally agree
sorry for my message everone

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:51 pm
Group 3 winner

Tomas wrote:
Attention Paul! seeing that you are the moderator on this forum you need to pull your so called friend delmonty into line for calling me an Idiot a few posts back seeing that you pull me into line for less, a simple apology will do, if I don't get it, you would be flagging the rules of this forum has changed so I would take it that from now on I will be attacking any one that would call me names.

sorry Thomas

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:53 pm
Group 3 winner

We need for someone to come up with a big poll, put down all the options and for people to pick what they want and for everyone to vote on then we'll have a better way forward.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:14 pm
Group 2 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
Tomas wrote:

sorry Thomas

Thank you delmonty, you are a true gentleman, water under the bridge.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Martin put forward the idea to me and Stu to just have the speed and stamina bars only - I think it's another interesting idea - stamina bar tells you approx. what distance the horse needs and the speed bar gives you a basic parameter to work with.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:52 pm
Group 1 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Martin put forward the idea to me and Stu to just have the speed and stamina bars only - I think it's another interesting idea - stamina bar tells you approx. what distance the horse needs and the speed bar gives you a basic parameter to work with.

I have had 2yo that won over 6f but then needed 1m 2f as a 3yo the distance bar is not stable enough and the horse was by two 5f sprinters I know 2yo distance increase with age its a bit to far when its lineage is all about sprinting.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
NPG319 wrote:

I have had 2yo that won over 6f but then needed 1m 2f as a 3yo the distance bar is not stable enough and the horse was by two 5f sprinters I know 2yo distance increase with age its a bit to far when its lineage is all about sprinting.

I have always found the stamina bar to be quite reliable at gauging distances. Personally I have never had a sprint stamina bar produce a 12f winner or vica versa. But I have seen the stamina bar change considerably from 2yo thru to 4yo. I guess getting a 10f horse from sprinting parents is just one of those things the game throws up from time to time.

Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next