View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Future SO7 league discussion thread. 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Future SO7 league discussion thread.
the stats on horses are too predictable ie the filly carries the potential and the colt carries the speed put that together with the crash method you get a league team in a few weeks.i found that by accident a few days ago as believe it or not I actually play the game full season on my own schedule,so I played around with the stock I had fillies breeding with gamebreds and it created monsters easier than in any of the previous so series and im fully updated pj

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:30 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
well for starters there needs to be an auto save feature at the end of the season as if you save your game on the last day restart go to day 1 look at your yearlings and if you don't like what you see crash the game and reload you get a new lot this can be rinsed and repeated as many times as you like

Jesus I never knew that :lol: :lol: :lol:

And it works because I opened up 5 windows on the last day and started a new season in all of them and they produce different bar horses , pick which one u want and there's no trouble :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I agree with u in that it was easier getting better bar horses in this game , I've not played much in this game but I had horses that took me years in the last game. I think we've become to smart for the game now.
I'm glad im well done with this :lol: :lol:

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:34 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
well for starters there needs to be an auto save feature at the end of the season as if you save your game on the last day restart go to day 1 look at your yearlings and if you don't like what you see crash the game and reload you get a new lot this can be rinsed and repeated as many times as you like

That would not work. This is the issue of having local game files and game modes used in a multiplayer expierience. At any point the player could copy their saves and overwrite the auto save or kill process etc. There are some things that just can't be stopped. You could add extra checks and complexity but the files are local so someone would get around it.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 pm
Group 1 winner

im on v131

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:37 pm
Group 1 winner

There is way to get shot of a lot of cheats like this but it would be drastic and that is on the league game u either get shot of the bars of the horses so u have no idea what u breeding unless u race them or u cover up the potential bar and then doing things like this becomes pointless.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:57 pm
Group 1 winner

ive always been transparent with my breeding and willing to pass on everything that helps others create better horses I know its not for everyone . this league will die if there's only a handful of top tier trainers we need more ppl to join and the infighting has to stop there must be a way forward where we can level the playing field sniping or pissing and moaning is not constructive of what we want to achieve so come on mark your the brains of the outfit give us some guidance lead us to the promised land or if anyone else has any ideas fire away oh and no shooting down in flames constructive only!

Last edited by jalupen on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:05 pm
Group 1 winner

I like it john back to the front bars only that mean actual jack very retro but interesting it was fun though SO2 Russian roulette breeding damn I need to get a life!

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:09 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
I like it john back to the front bars only that mean actual jack very retro but interesting it was fun though SO2 Russian roulette breeding damn I need to get a life!

Something needs drastically to change for the league going forward , what u found is not even cheating but a major flaw in the game like the ttfs and all its problems . Hiding the potential bar will make a lot of these things disappear in a instant and I think the days of one or two people dominating would be a thing of the past . I think it would even out the league . I think there should be one slot for a league game and only one slot so u don't have someone playing 10 different games and that one slot can only go forward so u can never delete it and start again and then people could never moan about cheating . I think unless we have some major changes then the league will never go where it could go . Probably none of these things could/will happen so its probably just pie in the sky.

Unless we can make breeding/league fun again then i'll never breed or enter again. I just find it mind numbingly boring .

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:29 pm
Group 1 winner

tbh ive really enjoyed playing the game as a game which I didn't think was possible as ive played prev editions to death I really like some of the visuals but my usual gripes about hold up horse and certain tracks remain as well as horses running 10 abreast in a 12 runner 14f race but it is what it is a computer game that's thoroughly enjoyable league stuff aside

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:41 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
tbh ive really enjoyed playing the game as a game which I didn't think was possible as ive played prev editions to death I really like some of the visuals but my usual gripes about hold up horse and certain tracks remain as well as horses running 10 abreast in a 12 runner 14f race but it is what it is a computer game that's thoroughly enjoyable league stuff aside

I think the game was good and fun to a point and it was good playing a single game but my gripe and it will always be a gripe is the computer horses will never improve , they are the same after the first season as they are after 40th and so when u have improved u horses a good bit the computer horses are no challenge . I even tried to flood the game with 16 of my best stallions but when they entered the computer breeding barn the computer just gave them some right awful mares rated 40-60 and so the horses would never improve .

My fav game borderlands is coming out in 6 weeks and its like killing the same rated baddies through the whole game , the game would soon lose its luster.

Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:58 pm
Group 2 winner

I don't understand the argument that a reset or not being able to use horses from TTF files should not be done, because of all the work people have put in. I have put a lot of hours in myself to get to a point of having the green bars perfect. However, I can't recall it ever being said that anyone who put in all this effort would guarantee success. As far as I'm aware, I have put in all these hours of play, knowing I was just trying to get an advantage, but it was a gamble in case of resets or anything else as the League had not actually been spoken about properly.

I think that final line is my main point.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:42 am
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I don't understand the argument that a reset or not being able to use horses from TTF files should not be done, because of all the work people have put in. I have put a lot of hours in myself to get to a point of having the green bars perfect. However, I can't recall it ever being said that anyone who put in all this effort would guarantee success. As far as I'm aware, I have put in all these hours of play, knowing I was just trying to get an advantage, but it was a gamble in case of resets or anything else as the League had not actually been spoken about properly.

It seems we are in the minority I was all for getting rid of the TTF but before the launch of so7 not 9 months in
I still cant see how getting rid of it will attract new players or keeping it will put off new players after all its available
for anyone to use this system - Cheating is when you know something that most other people dont therefore having an
unfair advantage but the consensus seems to be this is cheating and anyone who used it is a cheat which for someone who
is all about fair play and value my integrity greatly it's not great been branded a cheat.

I'm taking the view now that what ever will be will be and let everyone get on with it because not point in getting upset
about a flippin game and some of the stuff since the release of was getting to me quite severely at times people creating
accounts especially to call me everything under the sun - Life really is too short. I have always cared greatly about the league
since i became involved as president along time ago now but im at the stage now where i feel close to being past caring.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
kniesh wrote:

It seems we are in the minority I was all for getting rid of the TTF but before the launch of so7 not 9 months in
I still cant see how getting rid of it will attract new players or keeping it will put off new players after all its available
for anyone to use this system - Cheating is when you know something that most other people dont therefore having an
unfair advantage but the consensus seems to be this is cheating and anyone who used it is a cheat which for someone who
is all about fair play and value my integrity greatly it's not great been branded a cheat.

I'm taking the view now that what ever will be will be and let everyone get on with it because not point in getting upset
about a flippin game and some of the stuff since the release of was getting to me quite severely at times people creating
accounts especially to call me everything under the sun - Life really is too short. I have always cared greatly about the league
since i became involved as president along time ago now but im at the stage now where i feel close to being past caring.

I think the bit about attracting new players is that no one would be miles ahead. Therefore anyone who did try, wouldn't pack in straight away due to being too far behind. Also, once we were a few seasons in anyone starting then would still have a chance of being competitive, or more so than if people had been able to massively race ahead using TTF's.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:36 am
Group 1 winner

It looks like a spilt decision first of all a mini league means new schedule and trying to make a small schedule say 15 races a week to even out to all trainers group races/handicaps over different distance's sounds easier than done.

I rather have a Few trial races a month until a league can start if Mark can sort out a play league Mode for the game we could hold a few trial races a month I am willing to do these and any horse files can be used in the trials but Mark will need to Build a SO7 Race Kit before this can be done and we can test the race kit then.

So its all about when a race kit is available to do trials and keep the guys involved and something to keep them interested then Mark can work a a leagie mode game and when we are ready we can start a New SO7 league if things are done quickly November might be a Go if not January.

Gray

Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

In that case I will presume we are doing the following. I know this won't please everyone :

A short exhibition open to any current horses (presuming enough trainers to make it worth while). The intention of this is to get feedback on and test the current kit and processes. It could be there are suggestions to add new features to the kit and league masters build also. This can start asap.

During this time the changes can be finished and tested for the league play mode. Currently this will not allow TTF imports. I will simplify breeding (for this mode only) unless there is a consensus the other way. Any other requests for this mode can be looked at as we go along.

We may then need a further short exhibition or 'trial' season for the new system in order to be sure it's working and iron out any issues.

Hopefully the kit build can be ready in a week or so. It will need testing.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next