View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Future SO7 league discussion thread. 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Future SO7 league discussion thread.
Can't stress how much I'd want that league mode game. Seems like the perfect solution to me. Even though it would mean the last 3 months of my life have been wasted :lol: :lol: :lol: It would also seem to solve the problem of people not having a squad together for a league? Given everyone would be in the same boat.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:23 pm
Group 2 winner

Mark will you be changing the breeding side of the game a wee bit for none league players also? because the way it is it just not worth breeding your own 2yo's as you don't get anything good for your troubles, if you are mark I'll be honoured.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
In that case I will presume we are doing the following. I know this won't please everyone :

A short exhibition open to any current horses (presuming enough trainers to make it worth while). The intention of this is to get feedback on and test the current kit and processes. It could be there are suggestions to add new features to the kit and league masters build also. This can start asap.

During this time the changes can be finished and tested for the league play mode. Currently this will not allow TTF imports. I will simplify breeding (for this mode only) unless there is a consensus the other way. Any other requests for this mode can be looked at as we go along.

We may then need a further short exhibition or 'trial' season for the new system in order to be sure it's working and iron out any issues.

Hopefully the kit build can be ready in a week or so. It will need testing.

Your in a no win situation Mark and this decision will effect me more than most but support it
as were all just going around and around in circles and getting no where so someone has to
make the tough call so fair play for you doing that and making it swiftly not letting it drag on
where no one knows where they stand.

So to be clear any current horses will only be used for exhibition races after which the reset button
gets clicked and a new league play format/mode starts from there.

Again its a situation where a group of people were going to be unhappy but strong leadership was needed
again respect for doing that.

We all have to accept this now and move on or just not take part simple as that. Knowing me I will no doubt
take this as a challenge and give it a go :lol:

At the very least these horses will have a run which means its not a complete waste.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:56 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Tomas wrote:
Mark will you be changing the breeding side of the game a wee bit for none league players also? because the way it is it just not worth breeding your own 2yo's as you don't get anything good for your troubles, if you are mark I'll be honoured.

This is priceless Thomas you took the head off me a few months back for saying the very same thing.
You even demanded that no changes were made to the breeding in the game just to suit league trainers
anyway fresh start lets leave it there you clearly just dislike me. Fair enough mate.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
In that case I will presume we are doing the following. I know this won't please everyone :

A short exhibition open to any current horses (presuming enough trainers to make it worth while). The intention of this is to get feedback on and test the current kit and processes. It could be there are suggestions to add new features to the kit and league masters build also. This can start asap.

During this time the changes can be finished and tested for the league play mode. Currently this will not allow TTF imports. I will simplify breeding (for this mode only) unless there is a consensus the other way. Any other requests for this mode can be looked at as we go along.

We may then need a further short exhibition or 'trial' season for the new system in order to be sure it's working and iron out any issues.

Hopefully the kit build can be ready in a week or so. It will need testing.

Sounds fair enough.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:43 pm
Group 2 winner

look paul I don't hate you mate at the time I was on my 6th season in the game it was going good, the breeding for me was great, I am on 38 seasons I have to say the breeding needs to be looked at so if you want me to say that you where wright, well so be it paul you are, way be you would have to know as you would be on many seasons ahead of me mate, but please don't say I hate you paul, I don't.

Greyhawk, I do let out steam some time but I don't mean anything by it mate, if you guys knew me, you would be laughing all day every day.

Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Tomas wrote:
look paul I don't hate you mate at the time I was on my 6th season in the game it was going good, the breeding for me was great, I am on 38 seasons I have to say the breeding needs to be looked at so if you want me to say that you where wright, well so be it paul you are, way be you would have to know as you would be on many seasons ahead of me mate, but please don't say I hate you paul, I don't.

Greyhawk, I do let out steam some time but I don't mean anything by it mate, if you guys knew me, you would be laughing all day every day.

Takes a man to hold his hands up and admit when he is wrong fair play Thomas

Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Looks like we can go with Trials where any horse file from so7 can be used I will wait for the Race Kit Mark before I put up some trial races that will be run while a League mode game play is made .I play a combined Game Mark Game play mode covers both codes and Combined and if we are ready by November we can have a SO7 Season which will contain only League Game mode Horse Files.

Mark will you be able to update the race Kit to only accept League mode Files in a patch Later or a new Built Race kit with it in already I will send a e-mail Via Tom to all Members on Tom to the new Change so anybody who might not be on the forum at the moment gets the memo I will also inform Leon if Mark is not in touch with him so the last start date for so7 is on toms Home page the countdown was done after the last league if we to have a Two Week Break over Christmas where you can add your new Uploads after week 5.

Gray

Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

I think this is a good idea this way you force the horse to have an active lineage any horses without will immediately fall under suspicion

Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:30 pm
Selling plater

To add to the comments I think the new league mode with no imports is a huge decision but in my opinion the correct one! It would make the playing field a lot fairer, I also think hidden stats for this mode would be good also? It would then become a lot more random and only until the league race you would know how good the horse was as in real life !? Total hide all stats apart from maybe the distance one. Be judged then only by the day of the races

Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Though I am not sure I am coming back to either the game or league, hiding stats would make the whole thing a throughly unpleasant lottery. It may have a place in single player but not in a competitive league.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Though I am not sure I am coming back to either the game or league, hiding stats would make the whole thing a throughly unpleasant lottery. It may have a place in single player but not in a competitive league.

It's an interesting idea but I think a seasoned trainer would have a feel for what's good, what's not so good and what's outstanding.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:31 pm
Group 2 winner

The trialing in the CK would come into play here, making it even more important than it is now.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:48 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
The trialing in the CK would come into play here, making it even more important than it is now.

Hasn't the CK thrown up mixed results? Well in SO6 at least.

Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:22 pm
Group 1 winner

I think the potential bar should go back to the way it was in 6 for the league , it will be hard just playing a normal game without the potential bar throwing up random horses.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next