View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:24 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 League Poll 1 Open or Hidden Stats 

Open or Hidden Poll
Poll ended at Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:03 pm
Open Stats Bars 50%  50%  [ 13 ]
Hidden Stats Bars 50%  50%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 26

League Poll 1 Open or Hidden Stats 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League Poll 1 Open or Hidden Stats
Open bars for me the other way will make trialing a nightmare

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

One possibility if opinion is split when the game mode arrives is to introduce hidden stats first via a patch. Players can then try this mode out and see how they feel. If required stats can then be reintroduced. Doing it the other way around would not work so well.

PS. As there are HDB changes in the latest patch it might be an idea to manualy backup your HDB file if you have lot's of exports.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:56 am
Group 1 winner

20 people have Voted but only 17 have openly left a message only these votes count so if you have voted and not left a message then your vote will be discounted so you need to leave a message and say which way you voted this is a Open Vote which League Players are deciding the future of the league please leave a message.

So at this post below is the counted votes so far

Counted 13

Votes

Open - 10
Hidden - 7

Gray

Last edited by simpleminds on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Hidden

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:13 pm
Handicapper

Open

Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:26 pm
Handicapper

Hidden - The only open bars should be fitness and conditioning.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:43 pm
Handicapper

Open. Though would maybe be good if they were not so absolute. Instead of 0-100 they were v poor, poor, average, good, excellent....or something. That way you'd never know you had a beast but would be sure it was good enough.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:45 pm
Group 1 winner

20 people have Voted but only 17 have openly left a message only these votes count so if you have voted and not left a message then your vote will be discounted so you need to leave a message and say which way you voted this is a Open Vote which League Players are deciding the future of the league please leave a message.

Counted 13

Votes

Open - 10
Hidden - 10

Gray

Last edited by simpleminds on Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Hidden

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
One possibility if opinion is split when the game mode arrives is to introduce hidden stats first via a patch. Players can then try this mode out and see how they feel. If required stats can then be reintroduced. Doing it the other way around would not work so well.

PS. As there are HDB changes in the latest patch it might be an idea to manualy backup your HDB file if you have lot's of exports.

I have thought about this as well. My concern was locking into something that we are then stuck with for four or more years. It's good to know that if we do end up hiding bar/s and for whatever reason it doesn't work out then it is a simple fix to open them back up which wouldn't create a need to start from zero again.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:56 am
Group 3 winner

Is the league mode now implemented with the latest patch, or will it be implemented after this poll?

I am not at home atm so haven't checked the game.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:02 am
Group 2 winner

I have voted for hidden as I think it will make the game more realistic and also prevent the top trainers from getting to far ahead.

With hidden bars you will have to play the game and discover your horses ability rather than just apply the factory farming method that some people use.

In reality no breeder breeds 300 horses at every distance and then picks the best 3 to send racing as some league trainers do.

Coupled with the removal of the immortality offered by the ttf this should make for a much more competitive league.

Another thing I have an issue with is people playing shortened seasons. This obviously gives those players an advantage as their horses progress quicker.

To equalise this I was wondering if it is possible to put a date cap on the league mode. Something like making the game end after 100 seasons or saying that league horses can only be from the first 50 years for he 1st league 100 for the 2nd etc. That way no one would get too far ahead.

That may seem drastic but in the last 2 league seasons I have finished around the top of the second tier. I played my games straight with a full schedule and in my flat game I only got through 60 seasons. In the jump one about 75. All of the players above me were into the several hundreds season wise so there was no way I was ever going to catch them. The same will happen in SO7

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Quote:
Another thing I have an issue with is people playing shortened seasons. This obviously gives those players an advantage as their horses progress quicker.

Yes, I have been thinking about this too, and the possibility to crash the game to get a different crop of yearlings. I guess that there will always be ways around in a computer game, but a much more levelled way of breeding for the league will probably give everyone a chance once in a while to stumble across a great horse that can compete for greatness.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:22 pm
Group 3 winner

Hidden.

Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:25 pm
Group 1 winner

23 people have Voted but only 20 have openly left a message only these votes count so if you have voted and not left a message then your vote will be discounted so you need to leave a message and say which way you voted this is a Open Vote which League Players are deciding the future of the league please leave a message.

Counted 20 Votes

Open - 10
Hidden - 10

Gray

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next