View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next
 Monsters!!!! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Monsters!!!!
All these monsters are really meaningless, my best ever NH horse won everything about 18 G1’s and trialled like a cart horse. Trial results is everything.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:53 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
All these monsters are really meaningless, my best ever NH horse won everything about 18 G1’s and trialled like a cart horse. Trial results is everything.

Almost all I have posted here are in my league team. My game form equates to the Ck form. I long ago bred out the perform in game don't perform in CK types. Trialing every season, although time consuming makes it easy to rid yourself of those lines. What's more breeding with horses that trial well but run badly in game, still tends to produce good game horses

Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:09 pm
Group 1 winner

I am doing the same, I trial every two or three seasons depending on how many horses I take through and cull everything that does not trial along with all the breeding mares who don’t produce trial horses. I don’t have 18 G1 winning horses anymore two or three is usually my best.

My break through in the NH came from an auction horse who never won a race, but he trialled well enough to make my sheets and has pretty much had a hand in 90% of my NH team as he had the highest potential I have ever seen, mixed with my current stock was game changing. Least I think it is, will find out fairly soon.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:49 pm
Group 2 winner

I trial every season without fail, same as Leon, but I also don't have horses winning that many group races, usually 4 or 5 at the very most. I only get rid of horses after 3 or 4 runs if they are still rated 70 an below. Very few of my league uploads don't have any game form though. mostly around 1-3 Gp1 wins each.

I do have one quirk though that I seemed to get some very good horses from. I accidentally bred a 5f 100% stallion called Toronto Reggie. He was pretty poor in the game and no good at all in the CK. Because he had 100% potential, and was pretty much my first, I bred him with a lot of my mares, just to try an get 100 potential in to my lines. For some reason he is now a super stud. He bred all kinds of brilliant CK horses and not just from 5f. He is directly involved in my 1m6 an 1m4 lines. Almost like everything he touched tunred to gold. Not only that, he created another stallion at 1m2 called Wuhu Coronas. Coronas had 100% Potential too, won 3 group 1s in the game but again was pretty awful in the CK. I used him at stud so I could get 100% potential into some of my longer distances, and he too is now a super stud. He's also involved in all kinds of distances, from back down to 6f, up to 2m.

Does seem very odd sometimes the way it works, but you definitely should pay no attention at all to game form.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:26 pm
Group 1 winner

I have had a few horses consistently turn out good trial horses though themselves are nothing much to look at, a gamebred mare called saucy suzy, as one example, has a hand in at least 4 of my flat team. Sadly she just died in barn at 21, Her final foal looks good as a yearling, as does the one before.

Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:08 pm
Group 1 winner

This doesn't happen to often 6 of the first 7 home

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 pm
Group 1 winner

Maybe I can get closer to Johns' monster stayers based on this. 8 out of the first 10, the 7th, 11th and 12th were bred by me as well and sold in my yearly cull

Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:44 am
Group 1 winner

Leon how do u breed (timewise) so many horses !!! I just went through my horses and I've had 32 horses 4mile plus horses in my CK.

I've only bred 165 horses for my jumps Ck since the game was out, I don't have much time anymore to breed lots but even when I did on the last game I didn't have as many horses . It must take a bloody age to trial u races :D

How many mares do u have in u breeding barn and how do u find enough races to run them in!!!!!

I'm glad im a small trainer couldn't keep up with u lot any more :lol: :lol:

Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:19 am
Group 1 winner

A season takes me a week, so the fast players will probably catch up. I'm on hoilday at the moment but can't go anywhere so have managed 2 seasons in a week. In so7 its not the amount of seasons but the quality as seen by how much 1 game bred can improve your lines. I have quite a few horses in my league team bred before season 20

I spend ages on breeding and trialing, ( naming horses also takes a while ) Season is quite quick as only watch selected races, and races of horses I have taken a liking to, else a season would take a month!!! All horses follow the same paths for race entries so that's bit quicker. I find loads of horses in races weeds out the rubbish. Also at 4 I decide who will go jumping and who will stay on flat. Jumpers get a note and don't race over fences until 5 or the flat again ( Unless they trial well as jumps offcasts in flat trials send them back over the flat then, normally only a few ) Use trials to cull my horses as need to get rid of 150 each season to make space for the new

Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:43 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
A season takes me a week, so the fast players will probably catch up. I'm on hoilday at the moment but can't go anywhere so have managed 2 seasons in a week. In so7 its not the amount of seasons but the quality as seen by how much 1 game bred can improve your lines. I have quite a few horses in my league team bred before season 20

I spend ages on breeding and trialing, ( naming horses also takes a while ) Season is quite quick as only watch selected races, and races of horses I have taken a liking to, else a season would take a month!!! All horses follow the same paths for race entries so that's bit quicker. I find loads of horses in races weeds out the rubbish. Also at 4 I decide who will go jumping and who will stay on flat. Jumpers get a note and don't race over fences until 5 or the flat again ( Unless they trial well as jumps offcasts in flat trials send them back over the flat then, normally only a few ) Use trials to cull my horses as need to get rid of 150 each season to make space for the new

I could never get my head around the combined game :lol: :lol:

It goes to show there are different ways to breed because I fall on the other side of the fence , I watch most races and i'll know exactly what their distances are in CK . It takes longer to run seasons but I save time running less trials .

Good luck everyone who wants to win a league title , leon has it down to a tee :D :D

Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:59 am
Group 2 winner

leonvr wrote:

Leon, are you saying that you constantly run your horses against each other in the big races in the game rather than have individual targets etc.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yes that way I can weed out the average. Normally have loads in each race. So its kind of like trialing in game. That's probably why my game form matches my ck form. I have 500 horses in my stable, they wouldn't get runs if I didn't do that. I still send them all to trials though, as sometimes there is the odd one not doing well in game and vica versa

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:20 am
Group 2 winner

leonvr wrote:
Yes that way I can weed out the average. Normally have loads in each race. So its kind of like trialing in game. That's probably why my game form matches my ck form. I have 500 horses in my stable, they wouldn't get runs if I didn't do that. I still send them all to trials though, as sometimes there is the odd one not doing well in game and vica versa

I think I will give that a go, especially on the flat. I tend to split my horses between the trials and the big races. For example if I have 10 horses I think might be Guineas horses I will send a couple to each trial rather than run the lot in the Craven. Similarly I will send some to the Guineas and some to the French Guineas. Same with Derby's and other G1s throughout the season. Cheers for the idea.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:

I know lots of people say u don't know what u got in Game until u run u CK races but I generally have a good idea who the good ones are before I run them in CK. More often than not I get them right , there is always 1 or 2 I get wrong . I'm especially good at doing it over jumps , the flat can be a bit more hit or miss. I've just looked at my flat game this morning ( not touched it since early march) and my breeding barn is a disaster zone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My money was always on u in this format because u had been kind of doing it in the last game . :D :D

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:30 am
Group 2 winner

Your game and mine seem very similar in how we play. I played 35 seasons pretty slowly like you. Taking about 3-4 days per season. Once I got to 35 seasons I've taken a pretty big risk and branched my game off into sprinters, 1m game, 1m2-4 game and a stayers game. I'm a little worried about long term uncertainties doing this, as in the sprint I got rid of all my other good longer distance horses, an so on in each distance. But short term it has worked very well, everything in the league now is from the original 35 seasons pretty much. But I'm beating all these well now in my trials.

I still have 100 mares in each of my sprint an stayers game, even more in the middle distance ones, but what it does is help you really concentrate fully on what you're breeding. I've found I really got to know my lines doing this and each season now only takes a day, with a few hours of play. This includes my trials. I still have 100 or so horses at one time to enter races, but it helps that they all want the same distance races so it's quicker. I too trial every single year too, is this not what everyone does? I find this a pretty vital part.

I'm hoping that as each game has the same base 'Game Studs' They have the required speed an stamina horses in their past, an now I can hopefully diversify those lines even more seperately now but really focus on each

I've concentrated mostly on my sprinters with the new branches, and I'm already creating a few beasts compared to what's in the league. I'm all about the taking your time approach now though, I tried to get as many seasons in as poss to start, but now it's definitely about quality over quantity. I think as the seasons progress over time in the league, then it will definitely become a lot tighter

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 31  Next