View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Trials Day2 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trials Day2
Will send some through later today

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:00 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't have many but will send a couple today or tomorrow

Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:28 pm
Group 2 winner

I have just sent 6 donkeys, after all someone has to finish last.

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Races will be run Tonight/Tomorrow had to wait for a new Race Kit has the old one wouldn't work after the new patches hopefully get some coms on them should be ready Thursday/Friday Guys also the last trials will be in December and these will only be for League Mode Files if everything works fine a new League could start early January.

Gray

Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Looking forward as I have no idea how my league horses will fare against the older game horses, early days. Thanks for the update.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 am
Group 3 winner

simpleminds wrote:
Races will be run Tonight/Tomorrow had to wait for a new Race Kit has the old one wouldn't work after the new patches hopefully get some coms on them should be ready Thursday/Friday Guys also the last trials will be in December and these will only be for League Mode Files if everything works fine a new League could start early January.

Gray

I hope that's Jan 2021 because I might get a decent flat horse by then :lol: My flat horses are God awful still after 27 seasons and I have two options quit and start a new game ( don't have time to do that) or just breed jumpers.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:33 am
Group 1 winner

I'm very much looking forward to seeing some league trail racing. It's been so long from when i last played the game.

One think is for sure the CK is still very random in terms of what you think aren't that great in the game and they turn out to be good league horses.

I've played nearly 50 seasons and still don't have a 100% potential horse. Not sure what i'm doing wrong or the stallions aren't that great with my breeding pairings. What i am finding is this doesn't actually matter in the CK trails i could be wrong when we see the league trails.

Furthermore, not sure how much of the hidden stats play a part in the overall ability of the horse. What i mean by this is I've seen average looking visible stats and they are very competitive in the CK. Baffles me at times how random it is.

Quick question for you all when are you actually exporting your horses for league? Do you have a preferred date?

Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:07 am
Group 1 winner

Played about 20 season now and have some 95% potential horses. I think ck performance is more important than full potential bar. Improving the potential bar is pretty heavy going as if it has a high potential bar but doesn't perform in CK then it is no good. The best indicators were crusing burst and speed but we cant see those so can only base it on Ck performance. Export in August seems to work ok. Its a bit tedious but the best jumps indicator is not the bar but clicking on the horse in the racing stable and checking the jumping field: good is what you want but average does well enough especially over hurdles

I got lucky as my old game crashed and had to restart, but that was probably a blessing in disguise as but bought an amazing unraced 3 year old for quite cheap that could jump as well so managed to get everything going from him

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:04 am
Group 1 winner

I've always exported my horses around August time from previous games.

2yo's i tend to leave until the end of the season around November/December time after a good 4 runs.

Playing a Flat only game, so will be interesting to see how my NH jumpers get on. I have a few which really stand out in my trails.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:24 am
Group 1 winner

Finding combined Nh/flat is working well. The problem with flat only is that some horses are just useless on the flat but can jump. With the stable size it is easy to have a huge stable and use the Nh/flat button to ignore horses for flat or Nh season. Also use nots as it puts a white triangle on the horse name so I can easily see what horse needs to run where. I think my Nh horses should run well enough including the 2 game breds

Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:41 am
Group 3 winner

I don't have a set date to put horses into the CK, I wonder playing a combined game is better than playing a jumps game because the stallions in the jump game are old and totally useless. When I sent over my flat horses I just gone by how they run in game and so I might have entered a right few donkeys and I only ran some races this weekend and luckily the best horse in CK is entered in one of the races and how he gets on will make my mind up what I do with my flat game. The difference between game and league races is massive and u have to trial to get anywhere on the flat.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:23 pm
Handicapper

I finally got a 3yo filly that won the st leger and many other G1 races and I thought now we're cooking.
When I trialled her she finished in the bottom 3 in every race from 5f to 2m and considering I barely have anything that gets 1m4f I'm a bit bemused. :?
So it looks like game form means nothing, it's CK only from now on.

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:23 pm
Group 1 winner

davylad wrote:
I finally got a 3yo filly that won the st leger and many other G1 races and I thought now we're cooking.
When I trialled her she finished in the bottom 3 in every race from 5f to 2m and considering I barely have anything that gets 1m4f I'm a bit bemused. :?
So it looks like game form means nothing, it's CK only from now on.

At least we are all in the same boat mate these are the changes the majority wanted its important now that
we stick with this for the long term if we keep moving the goalposts we will only end up back to square one

as I thought and stressed at the time it makes things much much harder and I feel sorry for a newbie starting the game from scratch
having never played before I dont know where they would start they are going to need our help and as usual I will be here to help anyone
who asks.

I have about 100 seasons done and still feel a complete novice and you
never master the game at all in game or in the CK but its the ultimate challenge
and certainly gives the game a very long life.

I'd be interested to hear from Doug Martin & Stu what they think to the changes have
the changes done what was hoped. you guys have not been on for ages it would be nice
to hear your feedback.

I personally am enjoying it you dont need to rush anymore just play at your own pace
for fun and trial when your ready not cram I have to say I am now a believer and the changes]
are good and you just have to adapt.

Even if I bomb in the trials I will just continue tipping away and keep throwing mud at the wall :lol:

Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:10 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Personally I think the main issue people seem to be having is they have completely ignored the number 1 rule that's been in place throughout every SO Season. People instantly started talking about 'being able to play the game properly', While I agree, the new changes do allow this, people seemed to believe that this also meant game form would have an impact for league horses? I haven't read any of the changes like that, The CK was still always going to be king. The only advice you really need to give new trainers now would be to still ignore the monster horses in game if they don't do anything in the CK.

I've also seen people saying they weren't going to ignore the CK for a bit at the start an just play the game, that also seems like a bad idea to me. For me giving anyone any advice it would be to buy as many horses as you can early and get a good CK line going. Only breed the very best from the trials, and trial as much as possible. You can still play the game properly, just make sure you're trialing A LOT, and also have to lots of breeding lines. One for the league, all CK Result based, and one for fun, all game result based

Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:13 am
Group 2 winner

kniesh wrote:
Personally I think the main issue people seem to be having is they have completely ignored the number 1 rule that's been in place throughout every SO Season. People instantly started talking about 'being able to play the game properly', While I agree, the new changes do allow this, people seemed to believe that this also meant game form would have an impact for league horses? I haven't read any of the changes like that, The CK was still always going to be king. The only advice you really need to give new trainers now would be to still ignore the monster horses in game if they don't do anything in the CK.

I've also seen people saying they weren't going to ignore the CK for a bit at the start an just play the game, that also seems like a bad idea to me. For me giving anyone any advice it would be to buy as many horses as you can early and get a good CK line going. Only breed the very best from the trials, and trial as much as possible. You can still play the game properly, just make sure you're trialing A LOT, and also have to lots of breeding lines. One for the league, all CK Result based, and one for fun, all game result based

In other news, has anyone elses CK just packed in completely now? Not been able to use mine at all today, just crashes

Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next