View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 League Progress Report 
Group 1 winner

Post League Progress Report
Having started a new combined league game i'm finding some very good stayers which i wouldn't have got playing my flat only game.

After the 2nd trails how are players getting along with your progress?

I've got some better 2yo now than my current crop from my previous flat game. Also i found a monster gamebreed 2m4f flat horse.

Are players mixing it up from flat to jumps with their horses?

Lastly, correct me if i'm wrong but the potential bar means absolutely nothing in terms of CK league horses. I've a Grand National horse at 10yo who potential is below 50% and he is betting all my horses. Not sure how good my other one are.

Export every horse you have in your game and trail trail trail.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:04 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League Progress Report
im in season 38 and just started to get some decent types and breaking overall records though im playing a flat game only still cant win the Nunthorpe or l'abbey with a 2yo think im pretty solid at all distances so i'll be mixing it up a little, on a side note ive got a gamebred 50% potential 1m4f smashes my 90-95% horses …...its a funny old game

Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:31 am
Group 1 winner

Flat only for me

I will trial the flat horses which will give me some
national hunt horses mainly over 2m 2m4 and at a push 3m
i hope to have about 10 horses for the jumps league

Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:54 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Not breed any since the trials but i've found 2 computer stallions i'm going to breed to and if they don't improve my flat horses then my flat stable will retire. My jumpers are ok and will try to improve them if I have time.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:39 am
Group 1 winner

Still running 4 games, 2 jump, 1 combined and 1 AUS flat game. Not trialled anything and have only about 20 exports, am producing competitive horses least in the game but expect I am light years behind others. Total of about 45 seasons in over the 4 games.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:58 am
Group 1 winner

My progress in my new combined game is going well, seem to be finding some very nice types (stats wise).

Looking forward to trailing some these and seeing how they get on. It's one area i'm lacking is stayers over jumps.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:37 am
Group 2 winner

I'm currently running 2 UK flat games and a combined that is in the very early stages so not really found anything there. I am finding that each game early on you will find one game stallion, whether it be an AI horse in the barn, or one you manage to grab in the sales, that is far ahead of everything else in the CK trials, and therefore becomes your main breeding line. This means most games I've started have led to being very skewed towards that horses distance.

My plan is to now start as many games as I can, skipping 2 or 3 seasons and once I get that horse, trial it's offspring against the ones i have from other games. It will lead to me having about 5 or 6 games roughly, but each concentrating on the 1 distance. Obviously there is scope to adjust those distances slightly within each game.

That sounds a lot, however, at the minute my main game is taking a long time to try and find anything other than 1m-1m2 horses. So each season I have about 50-60 2yos to enter races an see if they're any good, then trial. With the 5 games based solely on 1 distance each, I can streamline these to about 10 2yo's a season and fly through the seasons. I'm hoping in the longrun this will make things much quicker, it will just take a while to get each game established. Once they're established i think it will work out much better.

In terms of the potential bar. I'd say there's 2 schools of thought on this. Short term it wont matter in your trials, a 50 potential could easily be better than a 100 potential. But in the long term, if you can breed that 100 into a horse that was good in the CK, it would be better than continuing with the 50 line. Long term having the 100 gives you more scope for them to improve more. The 50 will likely max out earlier. However this is the good thing about the background stats no longer being there, if they're useless in the background but you can't see, then the potential bar becomes slightly less important. Cruising burst I think you can jusdge an speed from watching the trials closely though, see if your horse travels well an picks up.

Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]