View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Donate & Draft (Changes) 
Group 1 winner

Post Donate & Draft (Changes)
This is not a criticism of the league operation in any way:

As commentator and writer for the league I can say that the league is superb, even though I don't have any horse involvement as such.

I would like to put forward an idea that would maybe bring in players like myself who would like to be part of it.

The donate and draft is great, however I do have a few improvements for it.

It is a bit like a charity at the moment, this is the reason I don't take any horses.

Could we introduce this as a sale (a breeze up sale would be a good title)

Still run the trials but players should have to buy the horses not get them for free.

The payment could be transferred into the players stable who bred the horse.

Players could then sponsor races using this money (does this sponsorship happen now?)

I would also like to see mid season sales, when players upload new horses and maybe retire some of the others.

Just my opinion but it may help new players to get involved without them thinking they are just running someone elses horse.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:40 am
Group 1 winner

I agree EPW. I like the idea. I suggested Sellers/Claimers a while ago. I still think they would be a great addition. When the upload window is open trainers can put horses they would normally retire into the sellers/claimers and then we operate a bidding process.

This would also generate plenty of banter.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:36 am
Group 1 winner

This is a brilliant idea. I would love to see this added as well.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 am
Group 2 winner

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:51 am
Group 1 winner

Yep, I would be happy to do this. Frees up a bit of space in my stable but gives others the opportunity at the top prizes if the races falls in favour of the older horse.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:02 pm
Group 2 winner

This is something on our to-do and wish-lists.

We attempted it once, in the middle of a season, a few season back. It didn't get the response we had hoped for (which was a pity), but that's not the main reason for it not being in the league at present.

Under the current league setup with volunteers, software and so forth, it's an administrative nightmare. Changing details with horse files, and changes to the TOM DB, etc. That's why we now allow two weeks for the D&D process. One week in the middle of the season wouldn't be enough, and I'm not sure everyone would want to take a two week break mid season. You might start to suffer from withdrawal symptoms :D

But, it is something we are working on, and if we can get a more feasible method for doing it, I don't see why we can't re-introduce it.

We would also need to increase a trainers welcome dollars, so they could compete with a richer trainer, who just didn't do so well the previous season.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:47 pm
Group 1 winner

The problem of richer trainers might be sold by having separate funds for buying horses. Everyone could have a top limit for the sales at the start of the season.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:35 am
Group 3 winner

a good idea..as Colm said it has been tried in the past
but for lack of interest it was folded

im sure some way could be made for it to return
in some shape or form...

:roll:

Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]