View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 100 Potential 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: 100 Potential
Mark wrote:
Quote:
Is there a possibility it's tweaked too far the other way now so the flat horses are peaking too late? My trials definitely seem to be massively in favour of 6yo+ horses now.

The changes should have primarily affected jumps horses so maybe some tweaking is required on the flat side.

Cheers mark, quick turn around that one :)
Githyanki wrote:
Or maybe as it is now even harder to tell the difference (you could make educated guess with the bars) we all just have jump horses :)

I really should get into my jumps game, I prefer jumps but have just never tried a jumps game for some reason

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:03 am
Group 1 winner

Same as the flat game only a little harder and more frustrating to progress your breeding.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Same as the flat game only a little harder and more frustrating to progress your breeding.

I think its much harder especially in a jumps only game , im just trying to keep my potential bar up never mind improve my horses . There is no computer horses u can breed to , none in the barn and zero in the sales.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:20 am
Group 1 winner

I run two jump only games John. Between them I am 30 seasons deep, I have one 100% filly she got there at 8yo after her 2nd gold cup win. The stallion/sire was a gamebred who was in the barn for just one season and she was the only decent foal. Rest of my breeding which is from brought horses or the crap that arrives in the barn, so the best available, churn out 50-70 pot horses season after season after season.

I also run a combined game which is 10 seasons old and a Australian flat game 18 seasons, the latter is the only one I have found a 100 horse in, he died in the barn having never passed the stat on and I bred him with 40 odd mares per season. So as of right now I have nothing at 100%.

There is zero enjoyment to be had in this game, least for league breeding and for the casual player and no way to catch up, unless your devoting you’re life too it. I am at best a casual player now with my little boy being more important than anything and like to think I have some idea of what I am doing, and I see no way to catch up with the horses Paul posts on the monsters pages.

Being soundly beaten offers no appeal for me, having no way to close the gap, even less.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:39 am
Group 1 winner

It's easy enough getting good horses, but you need to go to all the auctions. Buy stuff with potential and for unraced were the sire/dam have produced good ones. Takes a little while but after a few seasons you should be set up. Also breeding from a sire that has good record of producing good offspring is best. Even if they old it's not an issue. I started most of my lines by breeding from a 16 year old all the way through to 20. He passed on great stats to the decent offspring, obviousely there were some duds but that's the way it is now

Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:05 am
Group 1 winner

I agree also with Leon about breeding with older stallions. They still pass on awesome stats.

I've seen some previous comments on here from people sayng to retire horses after a certain age. That is nonsense in my opinion. In some cases I've had better CK horses from breeding with an older stallion.

I'd like to know their finding on this in regards to horses losing their abilities when they get older. The breeding engine is so damn random it's crazy. Not sure if this was an ongoing thing with S06.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Group 2 winner

leonvr wrote:
It's easy enough getting good horses, but you need to go to all the auctions. Buy stuff with potential and for unraced were the sire/dam have produced good ones. Takes a little while but after a few seasons you should be set up. Also breeding from a sire that has good record of producing good offspring is best. Even if they old it's not an issue. I started most of my lines by breeding from a 16 year old all the way through to 20. He passed on great stats to the decent offspring, obviousely there were some duds but that's the way it is now

I agree here, I've seen a lot of comments about people saying you end up with a load of 15yos which is no good on the forums. In old versions yeah, but it seems a little different in this one, I used to get rid after the 9yo season but I don't in this. I've also found that I never got 1 100% potential horse until the latest coming out of BETA, now I've seen a lot more so Imagine more people will, just a tiny bit of patience now

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:04 pm
Handicapper

I also breed with older horses and I think Mark said it didn't affect their offspring as they get older.
The breeding mares sales is a good place to start, don't be put off by poor stats on older horses just check their form from early on.
I just buy the group 1 winners and put them in the barn and every now and then it pays off.
Same with game stallions at stud, some can boost your stats while others that look like monsters are useless.

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:09 pm
Group 1 winner

Its a fact that older horses potential go down with age but in breeding terms they pass on their peak potential and did in so6
I heard John mention this a while back but thought he was talking about something else

I never retire a horse at stud they keep going til they die and keep producing good horses

I have not been to a sale in over a month i have a batch of great mares now and just every couples of season
cover them with gamebred sire to keep thing fresh and get new lines.

I wonder do new horses come into the game that come from horses not in the gsme or is your whole game decided on
what horses started the game and their decedents.

Since the trials a few weeks back I can honestly say i have not found anything better than the team I had back then
I have reached a point where im wondering will i ever find anything any better at any distance.

I have done several trials at different distances and nothing is better than what I had and that must have been 3 or 4 weeks
ago when i sent Gray my horses so I have certainly stood still for a month or so Josh

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

I think i might have found my first good/great gamebred stallion in this game and hopefully i can improve my horses after 30 odd seasons , and what i love about him is he's a front runner so even if my horses are still crud bums they are front running crud bums :lol: :lol:

I only got 2 horses from his first crop but after this fella im throwing every horse i got at him . If he's not that good then my horses wont be that good. :lol: :lol:

Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Or maybe as it is now even harder to tell the difference (you could make educated guess with the bars) we all just have jump horses :)

It has improved massively since I last played ( a few weeks) , the horses don't peak now until around 8 just like real life and u get to breed to u best horses longer .

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Just when I thought my new blood line were finally going to improve my god awful flat horses I bought a filly in the sales and she beat all my horse in CK , that was so depressing :cry: :cry: Unless my flat horses show any ability in the next trials then they are all retiring and im selling my flat stud :lol: :lol: and sticking to breeding jump horses.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:14 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark needs to simplify the exporting of horses with a possible tick box to enter horses into the correct distances.

It's painfully slow and repetitive each time you go to export them and have to click on each folder you create.

Please make an easy and quicker way to do this.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:25 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
I think i might have found my first good/great gamebred stallion in this game and hopefully i can improve my horses after 30 odd seasons , and what i love about him is he's a front runner so even if my horses are still crud bums they are front running crud bums :lol: :lol:

I only got 2 horses from his first crop but after this fella im throwing every horse i got at him . If he's not that good then my horses wont be that good. :lol: :lol:

This is a good sign for everyone who doesn't/cant put in a massive amount of time , my filly was bred to a computer stallion and bred a trial winner . There is no way that would have happened in SO6. :D

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:55 am
Group 1 winner

I agree with John. Gi Joe was a very impressive winner. In the breeding line above you can see he is not many generations in. ( Not sure why its says G2 when he has won G1 over fences ) I had some first generation horses run well on the flat as well. So looks like getting good horses does not require many seasons.

Cruise TotheLimit the sire of all my good lines was 20 when my satr jumoer sire Vaguely Knights was sired. None of this would have happenned in SO6

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3