View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 100 Potential 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: 100 Potential
Speed is not more important than potential in the long run and stamina 3rd? Cruising burst was 3rd most important. The whole point to potential isn't about how good the horses are now, it's about what they max out at. In the last season most of the top trainers had maxed out the 100 potential horses, and had most of the background stats maxed too.

With only seeing Potential, the only way to go, for me is to get the 100% potential into the very best CK kit horses. If they're about 75-90 just keep breeding them with the 100 horses an at some point you will get the 100% and the CK class into horses. Then you have the start of what you should use for the breeding lines

I have literally just hit this point now. I hadn't seen a single 100% horse in any game I'd played over well over 100 seasons. I now seem to be getting a lot of mares 100. And I've just this season got 2 x 100 potential stallions, both were 7 and both have beaten everything in my CK trials by 3 to 4 lengths each trial. Looks like they've just taken me to the next level now.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:38 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Speed is not more important than potential in the long run and stamina 3rd? Cruising burst was 3rd most important. The whole point to potential isn't about how good the horses are now, it's about what they max out at. In the last season most of the top trainers had maxed out the 100 potential horses, and had most of the background stats maxed too.

With only seeing Potential, the only way to go, for me is to get the 100% potential into the very best CK kit horses. If they're about 75-90 just keep breeding them with the 100 horses an at some point you will get the 100% and the CK class into horses. Then you have the start of what you should use for the breeding lines

I have literally just hit this point now. I hadn't seen a single 100% horse in any game I'd played over well over 100 seasons. I now seem to be getting a lot of mares 100. And I've just this season got 2 x 100 potential stallions, both were 7 and both have beaten everything in my CK trials by 3 to 4 lengths each trial. Looks like they've just taken me to the next level now.

U right I just saved my 8yo miler bloom and now he's my best miler :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll have a bunch of old horses in my league :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:22 pm
Group 1 winner

No one knows what makes a good league horse yet.

And I think we will all have old horses John makes sense for the jumps but all a bit of a nonsense on the flat, game is still a giant leap backwards for me.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:48 am
Group 1 winner

In my flat game I have noticed absolutely no change in potential since latest patches its
exactly the same

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:06 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:

And I think we will all have old horses John makes sense for the jumps but all a bit of a nonsense on the flat, game is still a giant leap backwards for me.

Not only could the league have lots of 7 or 8 year olds on the flat but what Paul found makes things even worse, my love for the game is going down. I have my doubts about the CK, more than before.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:

Not only could the league have lots of 7 or 8 year olds on the flat but what Paul found makes things even worse, my love for the game is going down. I have my doubts about the CK, more than before.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 am
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
In my flat game I have noticed absolutely no change in potential since latest patches its
exactly the same

Not all horses got that extra jump, it was very random. My top jump horse sadly didn't get that boost but a lot of the others did and i'd say 50 percent of my flat horses got-get the boost at 6 or 7. It's very random. It sums this game up, very random.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 am
Group 1 winner

I saw no change on anything. The yearly progression is also a total mystery to me. Right now I am less likely to enter the league than enter it.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 am
Group 2 winner

I'm genuinely gonna have a flat team with an average age about the same as everyones Jumps team at the minute. This 7/8yo peaking on the flat has to be a bug surely? I am seeing so many 100 potential horses now, all the best in my trials, all 7 or 8.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:30 pm
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
exactly the same

This is the point I posted about months ago, depends when you bought an downloaded the game for me. Initially I downloaded it in the phase you couldn't get 100 potential. You already had loads from a previous patch. I never ever seen one no matter the amount of patches, but since coming out of BETA I'm seeing millions.

It's not a criticism of anything, it's just very obviously what happened. I also don't think it changed the ability, i.e a 90 in mine was probably just as likely to be good as 100 in yours. it just wasn't shown in the numbers.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:33 pm
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I saw no change on anything. The yearly progression is also a total mystery to me. Right now I am less likely to enter the league than enter it.

I'll be only have a small team, i'd say at most 10 on the flat and over jumps.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:29 pm
Group 3 winner

kniesh wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
exactly the same

This is the point I posted about months ago, depends when you bought an downloaded the game for me. Initially I downloaded it in the phase you couldn't get 100 potential. You already had loads from a previous patch. I never ever seen one no matter the amount of patches, but since coming out of BETA I'm seeing millions.

It's not a criticism of anything, it's just very obviously what happened. I also don't think it changed the ability, i.e a 90 in mine was probably just as likely to be good as 100 in yours. it just wasn't shown in the numbers.

Vinny it's not a bug, mark changed it a few patches ago. It said on the log. A few of us were saying about jumpers losing their ability quickly after 6 and it not being realistic and mark must have changed the code for horses potential to last longer. There is a upside and that is if u have a outstanding horse u can keep him in the league much longer.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:33 pm
Group 2 winner

ghosty wrote:
kniesh wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
exactly the same

Vinny it's not a bug, mark changed it a few patches ago. It said on the log. A few of us were saying about jumpers losing their ability quickly after 6 and it not being realistic and mark must have changed the code for horses potential to last longer. There is a upside and that is if u have a outstanding horse u can keep him in the league much longer.

Is there a possibility it's tweaked too far the other way now so the flat horses are peaking too late? My trials definitely seem to be massively in favour of 6yo+ horses now.

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Is there a possibility it's tweaked too far the other way now so the flat horses are peaking too late? My trials definitely seem to be massively in favour of 6yo+ horses now.

The changes should have primarily affected jumps horses so maybe some tweaking is required on the flat side.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:34 am
Group 1 winner

Or maybe as it is now even harder to tell the difference (you could make educated guess with the bars) we all just have jump horses :)

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next