View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 League Mode - Help needed 
Selling plater

Post League Mode - Help needed
Hi there,

I'm a returning player and have just purchased SO7 a few days ago. Have played SO5 and SO6 for quite some time and participated in the league in 2016. But we also bought a house that year and so time became quite limited and I stopped playing. Now I'd love to get into it again, but I'm experiencing some problems. Before I post them to the technical problems forum I thought I'd first ask here if this is a known problem with an easy solution to it.
I started playing in League mode only, one game with a default schedule and then one with a custom schedule from pjrhodes. Yesterday my save with the default schedule became corrupted after trialing a few horses in the CK (I always have to quit the game after the CK race, back button not working). When I started the game again, it wouldn't load my save game. I jused the backup button then and could access it again, but the league mode was gone. It didn't say "League" anymore behind the save game and the stats of the horses were visible and a retire to horsepool button available.
As I didn't like the custom schedule I just deleted the game and went on the other game on the downloaded schedule, found some nice horses in the auctions and started winning a few G1... and then just now after trialing my 2YO's, the same thing happened again. Couldn't access the save game anymore and after using the backup button, it wasn't a league game anymore. That's somewhat frustrating and I don't want to start all over again, as it makes me not wanting to use the CK anymore. Is there anybody who has experienced the same problem? Is there a solution to it?
Thanks!

Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League Mode - Help needed
Cannot say I have had anything like that, is stuff for Mark really via the technical pages. I would do some basics like ensure fully patched and or do a full reinstall but I suspect you have already tried this.

Josh

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:10 am
Selling plater

Thanks, yes I have already tried this. Game has been fully updated because I just started playing. Gonna send it in by eMail then.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:54 am
Group 1 winner

Only way to combat this is to keep backups yourself. Happened to me twice first time I had no back up and had to restart second time I had so was able to restore the game from my own backup. Takes a few minutes to do a backup and put it in the cloud for extra safety just in case your lose your computer or something similar

Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:30 pm
Handicapper

Quote:
Just updated the new patch, my main game (slot 1) showed up as season 2 with nothing in stable.
I clicked on the backup file and got my game back but it is no longer a league game. :x

Posted this in the League feedback thread a few weeks ago.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:22 pm
Group 1 winner

davylad wrote:
Quote:
Just updated the new patch, my main game (slot 1) showed up as season 2 with nothing in stable.
I clicked on the backup file and got my game back but it is no longer a league game. :x

Posted this in the League feedback thread a few weeks ago.

So did I. I had to restart a game after playing 20 seasons. Not complaining though as got a much better start second time round, but learnt my lesson and manually backup every season now I just copy everything in the saves folder except the fbr folder to dropbox at the start of every season. Just in case it happens again. Although there is a thread on technical support that may have fixed this with the latest patch

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]