View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Breeding Techniques 
Group 2 winner

Post Breeding Techniques
Been a bit quiet lately as everyone no doubt putting the hours in to get a squad for the league. But I've found myself doing something I've never done previously, which is really watching the races to see if I can work out the background stats myself, and then breeding off visuals rather than just trial performance.

so for example if I see a horse that massively travels through it's races in the game an is at a good level. Then in my trials it does the same thing, travels like a dream, maybe even has a very good kick but then just doesn't finish its races off, I will breed this with a horse that just plods it's way through the races, and finishes them off well, usually finishing about 4th or 5th, hoping to get both traits into one horse.

This is effectively taking what would be 2nd string horses in my trials I usually wouldn't use, and trying to get certain traits into my lines. Anyone else trying this n ow you can't see the background stats? I've got no idea if it works yet

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:55 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding Techniques
Too early in the day for me, I have just done my mass jump trial and now my first breed from trial success. I have developed or rather am developing a breeding approach but there is still a fair amount of educated guess work in my pairing. Flat next but the flat game does little for me right now.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:48 pm
Group 2 winner

I'm the same but the other way round. In real life I love the jumps, much prefer them, but I haven't played a game or even tried once with them in the game for some reason

Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:57 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm probably spoiled by my success in game with SO6 but do you guys find that in SO7 that your first time starters usually lose? Many times they lose badly. The keepers most times end up having solid group winning careers which is a bit surprising considering their awful debuts.

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:18 am
Group 1 winner

My successful jump horses usually don’t win anything until they are 6+. My best trail horses on the flat don’t usually win anything period. Almost without exception my best game horses are rubbish in the ck so I go on look, gut and utterly ignore game results in horse selection, they are meaningless for league breeding again.

If mark had fixed nothing else he should have fixed that.

Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:26 am
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
My successful jump horses usually don’t win anything until they are 6+. My best trail horses on the flat don’t usually win anything period. Almost without exception my best game horses are rubbish in the ck so I go on look, gut and utterly ignore game results in horse selection, they are meaningless for league breeding again.

I've not tried anything jumps wise yet, and haven't in the past, so won't have much to compare to. However, I find the flat game very similar to SO6 in relation to 'game form' relating to 'CK Form'. I will admit it may be slightly less correlation but not quite extreme yet. But I do agree, I think making game form an CK form more related should have been a big target for SO7. Especially now there are no background stats on show.

What I do find is - Consistency in your game form is much more important winning loads of Group races. If I have a horse that's won 8 Gp1s, but in all the races around it, it was finishing midfield, and a horse running in the same races who finished in the top 3 or 4 in all 16 of those races but not won a single group 1, I'd be much more excited about trialing the second horse.

SiriusChill wrote:
I'm probably spoiled by my success in game with SO6 but do you guys find that in SO7 that your first time starters usually lose? Many times they lose badly. The keepers most times end up having solid group winning careers which is a bit surprising considering their awful debuts.

I have noticed this, usually my 2yos that win their first 2 or 3, never really train on either, I've found the best horses in my trials now seem to have had 2yo careers where they haven't won loads, but always there or thereabouts.

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:

You can breed this trait out of your horses if you trial every season. Just breed your good game horses with with your good trial horses. Mine are totally in sync now and it didn't take that long

Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]