View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 SO7 Trials Day 3 Races 
Group 1 winner

Post SO7 Trials Day 3 Races
SO7 Trials Day 3 Races

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inPNcRM ... TVUL0wiZMz

Thanks to martin for coms

Gray

Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Post Re: SO7 Trials Day 3 Races
:cry: All my horses were entered in the wrong races.

Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:28 pm
Group 3 winner

Lucky you! None of my horses were entered up.

Gray did you receive my email dated 09/12/2019 17:02 from C.Beckwith?

Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:16 pm
Group 1 winner

I have no idea how the hell I just won the first two races :shock: :shock:

My horse struggle to win races in game :lol: :lol:

I won 2 dirt races and my other two ran in grass races and finished mid field , did my horses win because they are dirt bred I have no idea :? :?

Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:08 pm
Group 1 winner

dragontrainer wrote:
Lucky you! None of my horses were entered up.

Gray did you receive my email dated 09/12/2019 17:02 from C.Beckwith?

No mate the only deleted Message on the 9th for horse files is Darren Thompson's e-mail request.

Gray

Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Ok. No problem.

I usually get a message when an email didn't get received. Oh well onto the league and will find out then if my horses are good enough.

Hope everyone else did as well as expected or better if you were lucky and good look in the league, see you there.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:13 am
Group 1 winner

The flat performances were in line with expectations, only glimmer of hope comes from the third place by what’s the catch. My shorter distance horses are likely to be the best I have right now.

Very pleased with how my jumpers faired with a collection of places, after having only recently started serious league breeding, work to be done but I know what i need to fix and the foundations look solid. The next generation already look better. Congratulations to Leon for his clean sweep, will do my best to give you a challenge :)

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:31 am
Group 1 winner

Enjoyed watching the trails.

Those tight ass american tracks :roll: Anything behind mid field with hold up horses you don't have a chance of making up any ground.

2yo sprint division looks mighty competitive. Blanket finish at the end of the trail race.

Massive congrats to Leon. Very impressive showing mate. I've not really played my combined game for around 7/8 weeks and it showed. Definitely room for improvement though with some good placed efforts. My time will be very limited next year, but will hopefully have a stables for both Flat and Jumps.

Congrats to all the winners.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:46 am
Group 1 winner

Team Rhodes

Flat

Brooklyn All Weather
Race 1 1m - 2yo - Eton Fair 7th & Bustamente 15th
Had a nightmare trying to breed 2 year old milers my 2yo's seem to be 5/6 furlong hores
or 1m2 horses think i will ditch the thought of having 2 year old milers in the league gives
me more space in the team where I'm stronger.

Race 2 1m 2f - 3UP - Petronas Towers 4th & Tommahawk Tina 6th
Disappointing result in all fairness both ran below par but were not a million miles
away I guess I need to put a bit more time into this distance.

Race 3 1m 4f - 3UP - Court Of Appeal 1st & Lauretta 2nd
Perfect result my Derby horse leading home my Oaks horse this is the distance
I have put most time into and they seem to be a bit ahead right now so looking
forward to Epsom come league time.

Ascot - Good
Race 4 5f - 2yo - A Boy Named Sue 2nd & Flamez Of Glory 3rd
A great run from these 2 they have both shown promise and both maybe
a lot better over a little further.

Race 5 7f - 3UP - Naval Intelligence 5th & Homecoming Queen 7th
These are both out and out milers so no surprise they were both outpaced
here they were promising runs in one way or another.

Race 6 2m 4f - 4UP - Galactical Storm 1st & Adamski 2nd
I have tried everything to beat Galactical Storm and failed glad she shows
that under league conditions she is just one of those freak horses she goes
to the league after that performance and Adamski is better over 2 miles

Jumps
Nothing to see here :lol: :lol: :lol: as expected flat cast offs just dont
cut any Ice with jumps bred horses looks like I need to start a jumps breeding
operation & ASAP.

Huge thanks to the team for running these and to Martin for the great comms

best of luck to everyone going forward

Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:32 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Very Happy with my horses performance. Even my flat horses ran well, and I managed to pick up a winner.

My NH horses were superb, was very surprised I managed to win all 6 Nh races, with Gi Joe and Unendliche Geschichte ( Never Ending Story in German ) been particular impressive. They will both be in league not sure at what age though. Unendliche Geschichte is way way better when reaching 6. It looks like there may be good progression in NH now, as my 6 year olds ran well, and I know my 7 year olds are best, with my 8 year olds very close to the 7yo. There might be something in changing NH so that Novice races are restricted to 5Yo, because clearly they are way inferior to horses 6 and above. Even my 10yo will easily beat a 5YO no matter how good the 5yo turns out to be. This is a great change in SO7. Also in breeding some sires are better at siring Nh horses. 3 of my horses in the NH trials were by Svengali ( never won a race on the flat ) In fact most of my Nh horses were sired by horses that never won on the flat

And yes flat cast offs just aren't any good. In my combined game I have noticed this. Its very rare that a horse is good over fences and the flat. Also horses have to run over fences. If you trial them without running them over fences they are useless even if the stats say they can jump, they don't have to run well over jumps to trial well but that have to have run. Learnt that already

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:22 am
Group 2 winner

My horses were exactly where I expected them to be, they were, almost without exception, tailed off at the back. The only race where they finished mid division was the 2m4f race and I have several of a similar standard so I may concentrate on breeding them.
I do think I have found a very good flat stallion in the barn but he keeps producing horses that want heavy ground and that may take a lot of breeding out (more time than I have).
Big congrats to Leon, those jumpers are phenomenal. The flat looks more balanced.
A big thanks to Gray for all the organisation.
And last but not least, A massive thanks to Martin for running horses that kept mine company and prevented me from finishing last in every race :). Can me and martin please have some 0-40 races just for us?

Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:39 am
Group 3 winner

Pommard wrote:
My horses were exactly where I expected them to be, they were, almost without exception, tailed off at the back. The only race where they finished mid division was the 2m4f race and I have several of a similar standard so I may concentrate on breeding them.
I do think I have found a very good flat stallion in the barn but he keeps producing horses that want heavy ground and that may take a lot of breeding out (more time than I have).
Big congrats to Leon, those jumpers are phenomenal. The flat looks more balanced.
And last but not least, A massive thanks to Martin for running horses that kept mine company and prevented me from finishing last in every race :). Can me and martin please have some 0-40 races just for us?

I wouldn't worry about ground, my dirt horses seem to want slow/dirt soft ground but I just keep breeding the best to the best plus if soft ground comes up on the flat u'll have a advantage. Most of my jump horses want faster ground. I'd say instead of trailing over good ground try good to soft. Thanks Martin for the comms.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:09 am
Group 2 winner

ghosty wrote:
Pommard wrote:

I wouldn't worry about ground, my dirt horses seem to want slow/dirt soft ground but I just keep breeding the best to the best plus if soft ground comes up on the flat u'll have a advantage. Most of my jump horses want faster ground. I'd say instead of trailing over good ground try good to soft. Thanks Martin for the comms.

Very true John.
It is possible that I will have a stable full of low grade handicappers that will suddenly bolt up when we get heavy ground.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:28 am
Group 3 winner

Darren I think it's worth between 7 and 10 pounds. In SO6 my soft ground jumpers and only with each other and the same with the good ground and if I ran my soft ground horses on better ground i'd say they would be well over 14 pounds worse off, actually they would be useless. I think it can help if u horses has a bit off both in its pedigree.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:55 am
Group 1 winner

Heavy ground 2m4f horse will normally will be a really good jumper from 7 onwards.

I really enjoyed Martin's commentary, really makes the races way better to watch and thanks Gray for all the time you put in to making the races happen.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next