View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Breeding. Offspring preffered distance problem? 
Site Admin

Post Breeding. Offspring preffered distance problem?
I know it has been mentioned here before that breeding (presume player bred) horses seems to result in horses that prefer a narrow range of distances rather than the expected range (based on parents). I looked at the code but it seemed ok.

Someone mentioned what may be a similar problem on this forum although I can't be sure what is going on without an example: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18841

As the league games will contain multiple generations if someone can send in a save right before problem horses are born it will be useful as if there is an issue it could be compounded with each generation.

Strictly speaking the league is still in a testing phase so if any issues do come up please post in the tech support forum.

Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:57 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Breeding. Offspring preffered distance problem?
Is this to do with this problem where stamina is exaggerated in breeding? http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18574 ?

Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:51 am
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Breeding. Offspring preffered distance problem?
On second thoughts I think the problem in the post you linked to is to do with the way the breeding indicator is worked out.

e.g. I have a stallion Alaskan Star whose breeding indicator shows 1m1f but he matured into a 1m3f, no big deal it's close enough. The problem here is he only won 2 races as a 2yo at 5f and 6f, this now shows him as a potential 5.5f horse.

So knowing he's really a 1m3f stallion I sent him to a mare with similar form of only one win at 5f as a 2yo but she's actually a 1m1f mare. I was hoping for a 1m2f horse to be the result.

The product of this union turns out to be a miler and the game sets his breeding indicator to 5f which would be somewhat misleading to a newer player and makes the breeding indicator fairly useless.
As it stands I would prefer to be able to edit the breeding indicator for myself as it would make a lot more sense in the breeding barn.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]