View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Trial Day 4 February 21st 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trial Day 4 February 21st
Thanks to those involved know a lot of work goes in behind the scenes.

Decent run from my lot, 4 nags like most of my flat team and one super star in Belladona who defied the weights to win after her 2nd place first time round.

I echo Paul’s comment above. My first season I got owned and I think only got a couple of low grade handicap wins on the jumps. Few seasons later and a bit of work coupled with taking the advice of the more established trainers and I won the NH title three seasons in a row and the dual/combined title twice.

The new league mode and breeding make it even more open than ever any breed can throw up a monster, like Belladona, who is the product of a successful game house (from my breeding but that I stupidly sold as a 2yo) and a ordinary looking breeding mare, she did very little in game one g1 as a 2yo and looks average on paper. And she looks a group level prospect. Never bred her like since. Keep at it, you’ll stumble on gold eventually.

Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:55 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Trial Day 4 February 21st
Githyanki wrote:
Thanks to those involved know a lot of work goes in behind the scenes.

Decent run from my lot, 4 nags like most of my flat team and one super star in Belladona who defied the weights to win after her 2nd place first time round.

I echo Paul’s comment above. My first season I got owned and I think only got a couple of low grade handicap wins on the jumps. Few seasons later and a bit of work coupled with taking the advice of the more established trainers and I won the NH title three seasons in a row and the dual/combined title twice.

The new league mode and breeding make it even more open than ever any breed can throw up a monster, like Belladona, who is the product of a successful game house (from my breeding but that I stupidly sold as a 2yo) and a ordinary looking breeding mare, she did very little in game one g1 as a 2yo and looks average on paper. And she looks a group level prospect. Never bred her like since. Keep at it, you’ll stumble on gold eventually.

I already had gold before the handicapper got hold of it :( All my horses ran pretty well in the non-handicapped trials and one even won going away.... so I am not disappointed. But in the handicaps they were all terrible ... so I was just moaning (laughing) about that. I tried the league about 5 years ago but was very frustrated with my results. The new league looks very promising and I look forward to racing against everyone soon.

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4