View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Stud Gamebreds 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Stud Gamebreds
Definitely an idea worth trying. I have always auctioned my cast offs after trial and frequently buy their offspring later, but doing via stud from my top horses is not something I have considered, seems I am deeply selfish:). Anyway it’s bargin basement day in my stud now 100 dollars buys you a squirt of a G1 monster :)

Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:09 pm
Group 2 winner

Yeah definite seems a no brainer to me, it could help the standard of game your playing too, in that flooding the game with your 2nd, 3rd an 4th string CK offspring will likely help your game horses be slightly better suited to the CK trials.

I get asked for at least 4 or 5 of my horses now every single week (the ones I'm not using myself)

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:26 pm
Group 1 winner

That’s the only part that sucks, that you need to respond to the requests......

Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:25 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I love that you have to constantly use the gamebred stallions, this is what will keep it competitive. What I do is make sure my second string stallions from the CK are as cheap to breed with as possible. Usually everything in my stud is £500 to breed with. I then buy every horse I see bred from them at the start of the season, and throughout the season, but the start of the season is when you see most. I'm getting my top CK horses bred into the game mares all the time now, an being able to buy back quite a few of them, I've already improved my CK horses a fair bit doing this.

This is an absolute genius idea! Could be a trap game changer of having access to mares you could never reach, thought didn’t even cross my mind

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:54 am
Group 1 winner

I did not find this worked that well for me, I have ended up with a game where all the horses look exactly like my own breeding stock and I don’t seem to be able to progress. I think I would rather those mystery mares bred with mystery stallions to create a new line, if the mare is the key which this idea assumes the game colt will keep it fresh and your chances of finding them in auction is the same. Still my flat team is rubbish so I may know nothing too. :)

Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:51 am
Group 1 winner

This works well if you have a monster sire that is good in the CK. It would be a disaster if the sire is good in game and not in CK. Works well for me as my original game horse I bough was a monster in game and in CK both on flat and NH. He won group 1's from a mile to 24f so ideal to allow everything to breed with it

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:07 pm
Group 1 winner

Pretty much my disaster right there since I also sell all my cast offs from the ck, many of whom had outstanding game form. Already planning a new flat game, might try Ireland or the US.

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Pretty much my disaster right there since I also sell all my cast offs from the ck, many of whom had outstanding game form. Already planning a new flat game, might try Ireland or the US.

every single one of my horses is US Bred so I would recommend that

Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:50 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Mine hasn't worked out too bad so far, although I agree with Josh, I will stop selling my cast offs now and retire them, and use only my pretty good CK colts that don't quite make it to stud. I send these to stud for £10 and retire the rest. It means I have a few background ones going for my lines.

As for my actual lines, since breaking my game up into distances, I found it's a lot easy to control the breeding. I found this out only after this seasons uploads, but I'm looking forward to gameweek 5 to upload a few more. I have about 4 or 5 active lines (super colts) now, that all seem to have produced some CK monsters (relative to their time in the game). These guys I now find easier to mix an match. Aiming to get every one of these lines into all my new ones is the key. This over the 3-4 seasons I've used it has seen some massive rewards. Unfortunately slightly too late for the start of the season. I have just found another Game stud that looks to be my 5th 'super colt'. Which has opened my lines out even more to massive improvement. These super colts are vital if you ask me, an although my results haven't shown it, that's because the current crop were all before I realised.

Continually looking for the game 'super colt' has suddenly propelled my lines in the sprint game. Then use it with fillies I call 'incubators'. These are fillies with perfect lines, with as many of those super colts in their history, but without 'in breeding'. Get as many of these fillies as poss, they don't need to be world beaters, but if they're perfectly bred they can pass it on when you find a new super colt, and get them together.

In breeding will keep your lines slightly improving each time in between super colts, but then once you get that super colt with the incubators, it takes the lines on massively again. Then repeat. Wish I'd figured this out 6 weeks ago!!!

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2