View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 100 percent potential 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: 100 percent potential
My flat game is played in the same way, but as gelding is not something I bother with, I simply do the cut off later and only cycle through a couple of seasons to finish off the exports so my flat horses have g1 pedigree. All this gives me is the ability to mass trial before I stud them so again I know my breeding is based on ck performance, but I have sold off and allowed so much in game breeding with my stock that every new wonder horse the game throws up looks exactly like my own stock so nothing changes or moves forward. I have stopped this practise now if selling etc or I geld them before I do but the game may already too tied to my breeding and I want it to offer up something different. My sprinters are by far my best horses all I get from my game is sprinters. I have 1m horses winning the Melbourne cup etc each year I just churn out another batch of the same....

If I cannot get my lines out of game breeding I will probably start a new flat game.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:45 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: 100 percent potential
My flat game I've got to a point about 40 seasons in. My lines seemed to do pretty well in the latest trials so I was happy where I am. I trial every season, and only get rid of horses rated 69 an below after 3 runs.

I've now split this game into 4 offsets from it;

Sprinter game
1mile game
1m2-1m4 game
1m6 + game

All these are obviously at a starting point of 40 seasons with my horses by just changing the the slot number in each save thus making 5 copies (including the original)

in my sprint I deleted all my horses above 1m an continue to focus all my breeding with sprinters. I can get a little more stamina into these with the milers if needed, but in general, all sprinters. It allows me to fly through seasons much quicker as declarations become much easier, and there is also less numbers each year.

The 1m game has all my milers, but I kept all 1m4 horses down to sprinters too so i could mix up how I get the milers, adding both speed an stamina to the lines at various times, but only ever breeding 2 horses that should get a 1m offspring. Obviously this is still all my very best CK horses starting these specific lines.

1m2 -1m4, same again as above. but with a wider range of distances breeding together, again all my best horses, always 1m2-1m4 outcome. These take a little longer than the others but still worth it

Stayers, exactly the same as sprinters, where i keep my 1m4 to add a bit of pace to them an breed up, but another much quicker season.

All this I think allows me to concentrate on any distance I really need to more than others for short period of times, without having to spend about 3 days going through a season, an it allows me to constantly be trialling, an getting to know exactly how those horses run, and their strengths for my spreadsheet.

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3