View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews 
Handicapper

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews
thanks paul

Best of luck to everyone in the final week!!

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:30 am
Group 1 winner

Hi All, not been around for a while with work kicking off again and with my computer with SO7 on going down again it could be a stretch for me to hang around next season which is a shame as this season has been great fun and I've enjoyed being back.

Past few weeks have been a struggle until this week, Avokovadro's 2nd in Breeders Cup Sprint was brutal, knew she'd run well but she bumped into one of the best sprinters the league has ever seen and I cannot wait to see her and Swift Rumble in the Everest with ground to suit! Really excited at the fact one of them could win the Everest or place and put me in the Top 10 in the trainers standings for the first time ever.

Over the moon with my Staying 2yo's Diamond Law was a castoff yet won the 2yo Handicap Championship and Kaskmask has managed to rattle off 3 wins, Dutchforward finally felt like winning again and has proved he wasn't a complete write off. Lovely Drop finally won some prize money and now every single one of my horses has won a bit of prizemoney which I think is an excellent achievement.

Looking forward to this week, think I have a chance in a few of the smaller group races and with a smattering of group races around for the 80-100 horses some of mine may have a good chance. I do however believe there should be some more 5/6f races for 2yo's in the last two weeks of the season, tons of 6f races for 3yo+ but I'm having to run my 2yo 5f horses over 1m just to give them a run in the final two weeks.

Other than that, thanks all for a very enjoyable season!

And well done and welcome to the comms team Ryan!

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:32 pm
Handicapper

nick_driver wrote:
Hi All, not been around for a while with work kicking off again and with my computer with SO7 on going down again it could be a stretch for me to hang around next season which is a shame as this season has been great fun and I've enjoyed being back.

Past few weeks have been a struggle until this week, Avokovadro's 2nd in Breeders Cup Sprint was brutal, knew she'd run well but she bumped into one of the best sprinters the league has ever seen and I cannot wait to see her and Swift Rumble in the Everest with ground to suit! Really excited at the fact one of them could win the Everest or place and put me in the Top 10 in the trainers standings for the first time ever.

Over the moon with my Staying 2yo's Diamond Law was a castoff yet won the 2yo Handicap Championship and Kaskmask has managed to rattle off 3 wins, Dutchforward finally felt like winning again and has proved he wasn't a complete write off. Lovely Drop finally won some prize money and now every single one of my horses has won a bit of prizemoney which I think is an excellent achievement.

Looking forward to this week, think I have a chance in a few of the smaller group races and with a smattering of group races around for the 80-100 horses some of mine may have a good chance. I do however believe there should be some more 5/6f races for 2yo's in the last two weeks of the season, tons of 6f races for 3yo+ but I'm having to run my 2yo 5f horses over 1m just to give them a run in the final two weeks.

Other than that, thanks all for a very enjoyable season!

And well done and welcome to the comms team Ryan!

thanks Nick :D

Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Ran some interesting trials the thought behind it was to bring back some of my 3YO's as older horses next season
plus I was really curious how my 3YO's do against my older horses.

5 trials and 3YO's won 4 of them all these horses are bred to shine at Newmarket was actually pleased to see how
my newcomer 3YOs did. It's only an example at 1 distances but my 3YO's seem to be better than my older horses be
interesting when I run similar trials over 1m2 & 1m4. There is not a massive amount in it but food for thought.
Interestingly the older trial winner ran the fastest time

Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:05 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi all

Before the final weeks results of this season are posted, would just like to thank everyone who contributes to running the league. I can only imagine the amount of effort/sacrifice that goes into it so thanks a lot for that.

An enjoyable first season for me, as well as understanding what is required to compete at the top.
Unfortunately I didn’t have enough time to get a jumps team together with only entering one game bred horse, but I hope to have a decent bunch for next time.

Quietly hoping for a couple of good runs this week to end the season on a high, especially one of mine in the Melbourne Cup.

Once again, cheers guys and I look forward to next season

Mark

Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:32 pm
Group 1 winner

1 winner on day 1 of the final week of the season

Mortified
some solid performances since she was bought in during the window delighted
she becomes my second juvenile G1 winner she got a lucky draw (1) and
that probably made all the difference in the Asahi Hai Futurity Stakes she stayed
on strongly.

Huge thanks to the team and thanks for all the brilliant comms
well done to all the winners and placers best of luck for the final
2 days of racing

Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:57 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Ecstatic with the Melbourne Cup win. It's a race I always target every season and for Dragon Keeper to win off top weight is amazing. He will be back next season as the better 8yo.

Had a couple of 2nds behind Paul's as well. So good day in all.

Thanks to everyone who make the league happen.

Might win the flat title on prize money now which I never thought I would ever get close to. So a brilliant season for me.

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:45 pm
Handicapper

first ever group 1 win with defence rests really chuffed and no doubt that so7 has made it much more of an open league . Well done all the winners and thanks to the guys putting in the time to make it all happen cheers fellas

Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:50 pm
Group 1 winner

scrudley wrote:
first ever group 1 win with defence rests really chuffed and no doubt that so7 has made it much more of an open league . Well done all the winners and thanks to the guys putting in the time to make it all happen cheers fellas

And your horse beat the best sprinter this season in Park Royal who probably would have preferred the roomier Randwick and it's two furlong straight instead of the tight cauldron that is Moonee Valley.
Congrats - a handsome reward for a lot of hard work.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:33 am
Group 1 winner

Won't be around for the intimidate future bad night with restricted breathing going to the Dr this morning
Will complete the DCC when I'm back on my feet not sure when that will be keep you posted

All the best Paul

Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:19 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Won't be around for the intimidate future bad night with restricted breathing going to the Dr this morning
Will complete the DCC when I'm back on my feet not sure when that will be keep you posted

All the best Paul

Hope you get better soon Paul

scrudley wrote:

Well done a great win. Capped a great season for you

Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:25 am
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

All the best Paul

Take care Mate, hope you are feeling better soon.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:39 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

All the best Paul

Take care buddy

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:13 am
Group 1 winner

Hope it is nothing too serious Paul and your quickly on the road to recovery.

Josh

Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:29 am
Group 2 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

All the best Paul

Take care mate, hope you're feeling better quick

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next