View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Trainers Thoughts & Reviews 
Handicapper

Post Re: Trainers Thoughts & Reviews
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Won't be around for the intimidate future bad night with restricted breathing going to the Dr this morning
Will complete the DCC when I'm back on my feet not sure when that will be keep you posted

All the best Paul

Take care paul

Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:35 pm
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Won't be around for the intimidate future bad night with restricted breathing going to the Dr this morning
Will complete the DCC when I'm back on my feet not sure when that will be keep you posted
All the best Paul

Sorry to hear this Paul hope you get better
like you had big health problems ... still not that well
i think i say this from all of us .. GET WELL SOON

Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:35 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
All the best Paul

Get well soon Paul.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Massive thanks to Gray/Leon and the team behind the scenes for making this season happen.

Going to miss my Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday mornings waiting for the races.

Good luck to all with your breeding/horses for next season. Should be even more competitive.

Cya you all in Sep/Oct.

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:34 pm
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

All the best Paul

Hope you are OK, get well soon.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:28 am
Group 3 winner

Thanks to everyone involved in the running of the league for a great season, had a few hiccups along the way, hmmm lets not dwell on that. Great commentaries, Gray and Leon deserve medals for holding it all together. btw many congrats Leon on the total domination!

On a personal note I got my first G1 with Pacific Pet winning the Victoria Derby not the G1 I thought I might win. And 3 jumps winners from 6 runners including Simple Deal winning the SO7 hurdles final. Chuffed to bits with the final day.

Hope to be back with better ammunition next season.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:46 am
Group 2 winner

Thanks to everyone behind the scenes for a great season, to all the comms guys, greatest edition to the league since I first started over 10 years ago, I love them. Grey and Leon for everything behind the scenes too, massive commitment you both put in and it's much appreciated by everyone. The poor handicappers, don't relish you guys, thankless task.

Great season to be involved in, fantastic to watch the battle of Leon an Paul at the top. Two guys who do things very differently, which is a great sign for the league going forward. Always more than one way to skin a Cat, and it shows that once you get comfortable with how you want to go about your breeding, it can be done effectively in different ways, which is a massive leap forward.

Got a feeling next season may be very competitive, can't wait

Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:38 am
Group 1 winner

Can't believe PJ's done a runner got my double up on him for the flat and Leon for the hunt was gonna get him to send the proceeds to the injured punters fund get well soon mate

massive thanks as always to all involved including all trainers who stick with it while our horses toil every week commitment is the key to this game if you stick with it you get better its a natural progression listen to those who know what they're doing (though there are various ways of doing it) pick one that suits your gameplay

and lastly cabuchon posted is a beast finishing his season how he started it pushing me up to 5th in cash of and Gray i'll send you my account details i want that paid into.

and lastly it takes so many hours weekly to set this up all from volunteers who do it for others enjoyment so please think before you snipe take a jab or critise those involved unless you want to do their job

congrats all runners see you next season

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:29 am
Site Admin

Get well soon Paul.

Big thanks to everyone involved in the League. I know how much work it requires.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:00 am
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
Get well soon Paul.

Big thanks to everyone involved in the League. I know how much work it requires.

Thanks Mark.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:03 am
Group 1 winner

Well what a season, after deciding just 3 weeks before the league to get 16 seasons done and upload something to then have a 2yo winner an older winner couple of great runs in group races and to top it off a G1 in the last day and the last race was just amazing!

If ever there was a fair and level playing field in the history of this game I seriously think we have found it! Never would 15 seasons of a game which 5 was automated produced league standard horses and to be competitive at most levels and to provide a group 1 winner just goes to show we should be definitely attracting new players to every single season of this game. I think SO 8 should be pushed back for a couple of years away as this to me is fantastic both league and normal play.

I would still like little additions such as a queuing system for breeding which would save myself perhaps 2 hours of every season play but very little else to improve this. The league schedule with a little tweak will be perfect and the hidden stats has proven to just be vital to give everyone a fair chance of winners

Thank you to all staff and volunteers for the time they give, without you guys this wouldnt happen and your personal time is very much appreciated by all.......lastly thanks to Vinny (kneish) , Craig (hemz), Leon, and everyone else that posts help posts. Without your experience and advice a lot of players would not be confident to improve lines so again thank you all. Mark do not ever give up making this game better :D

Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:50 am
Handicapper

Get Well Soon, Paul

Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:58 pm
Group 1 winner

Firstly, get well soon Paul, you are the heartbeat of this forum and the league and we all hope to see you back soon.

Congratulations to Leon on your title wins in both codes, thoroughly deserved for someone who has put so much time in to both the game and behind the scenes for many years. Congratulations to the first timers, some of you having belting seasons and to those picking up the odd wins, it is all part of the learning curve. It is also great to see some of the guys still around from the very beginning and when I started getting into this such as Craig, Leon, Vinny, Paul, Mike, Davylad and many others

Thank you to Gray for your management of the league, your stewardship has seen the league go from strength to strength.

Thank you to Martin and the rest of the comms team for welcoming me back into the fold and bringing so much to the league.

Thank you Mark for your tireless work on improving the game and making it continually be enjoyable as it has been for me for the past 12/13 years.

An epic season for myself, so close to breaking into the top 10 for the first time ever and to rack up 21 victories including a few G1's was fantastic. Avokovadro and Swift Rumble were both in the very highest echelon of sprinters with the latter winning a G1 and being one of the only horses in the league to beat both Park Royal and Xinyi Player. They are still in my game if I ever get the chance to go back to it. I'm over the moon to have had all 25 horses manage some prize money and have 14 of them win at least once. Some disappointing after great starts and some improved throughout the season but it's all part of the journey.

I'm afraid that's where my road stops for the time being. My laptop is playing up again and I was only able to get a team in due to lockdown and playing relentlessly back in March. Now back to work and with sport starting up again my priorities lie elsewhere and I just won't get the time. I may pop my head back in from time to time but I wish you all the best and hope to see you all down the road somewhere!

Best of luck all!

Nick

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:50 pm
Handicapper

nick_driver wrote:
Firstly, get well soon Paul, you are the heartbeat of this forum and the league and we all hope to see you back soon.

Congratulations to Leon on your title wins in both codes, thoroughly deserved for someone who has put so much time in to both the game and behind the scenes for many years. Congratulations to the first timers, some of you having belting seasons and to those picking up the odd wins, it is all part of the learning curve. It is also great to see some of the guys still around from the very beginning and when I started getting into this such as Craig, Leon, Vinny, Paul, Mike, Davylad and many others

Thank you to Gray for your management of the league, your stewardship has seen the league go from strength to strength.

Thank you to Martin and the rest of the comms team for welcoming me back into the fold and bringing so much to the league.

Thank you Mark for your tireless work on improving the game and making it continually be enjoyable as it has been for me for the past 12/13 years.

An epic season for myself, so close to breaking into the top 10 for the first time ever and to rack up 21 victories including a few G1's was fantastic. Avokovadro and Swift Rumble were both in the very highest echelon of sprinters with the latter winning a G1 and being one of the only horses in the league to beat both Park Royal and Xinyi Player. They are still in my game if I ever get the chance to go back to it. I'm over the moon to have had all 25 horses manage some prize money and have 14 of them win at least once. Some disappointing after great starts and some improved throughout the season but it's all part of the journey.

I'm afraid that's where my road stops for the time being. My laptop is playing up again and I was only able to get a team in due to lockdown and playing relentlessly back in March. Now back to work and with sport starting up again my priorities lie elsewhere and I just won't get the time. I may pop my head back in from time to time but I wish you all the best and hope to see you all down the road somewhere!

Best of luck all!

Nick

Best of luck Nick! hope to see you back in another season!

Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:45 pm
Handicapper

Well done to everyone involved in another great season, organisers, race runners, commentators and handicappers.

Here is my stable review for the flat season:

Driving Henrietta - 2yo - 7f - Performed well above expections to take 3 wins, the highlight being the group 1 Goffs National Stakes - Rating: 10/10
Songbird - 2yo - 1m - Won her first maiden race but couldn't repeat the feat - Rating: 7/10
Run for the Roses - 2yo - 1m - Best performance was 2nd in a maiden against good competition - Rating: 5/10
Tilly Lucy - 2yo - 1.2m - Lovely horse, unlucky not to get a win, best result was 3rd in a group 1 - Rating: 8/10
Sneaky Pete - 3yo - 1m - My 2000 guineas horse, was very poor and well off the pace throughout the season - Rating: 3/10
Kingscroft Homer - 3yo - 1m - Had no real expections for this horse, was always going to be a handicapper, picked up a win and 3 seconds - Rating: 6/10
Kheskianto Genella - 3yo - 1m - My 1000 guineas horse, not good enough, her best result was 4th in the group 1 Queen of the Turf - Rating: 5/10
Gun Runner - 3yo - 1.2m - A poor performance in the UAE derby led this horse to a great handicap career, picking up 4 wins, 3 on the trot - Rating: 9/10
Ring-em-all Beach - 3yo - 1.2m - Won the Tattersalls Musidora Stakes Group 3, no other results of note - Rating: 6/10
American Pharoah - 3yo - 1.2m - 3rd in the Dante, no other results of note - Rating: 3/10
Dua Lipa - 3yo - 1.2m - Did her best work pacemaking for Gun Runner in the Qatar Racing Handicap Stakes - Rating: 3/10
Tirol Fabulous - 3yo - 1.4m - 4th in the Oaks, no other results of note - Rating: 5/10
Marsakara Chief - 3yo - 1.4m - Nice handicapper, 1 win and 3 second places - Rating: 6/10
Lidar Wodeland - 3yo - 1.4m - Very poor, retired mid season - Rating: 1/10
Blizzard Kilroy - 3yo - 1.6m - Disappointing season, beat Beholder and Winx in my trials but nowhere near them in the league - Rating: 4/10
Winx - 3yo - 1.6m - 1 win, a couple of 2nds and 4th place in the St Leger - Rating: 8/10
Beholder - 3yo - 1.6m - Nice win in the Blackrock Fillies Stakes, three 2nd places including the St Leger - Rating: 9/10
Bonfire Shuil - 3yo - 2m - Front running stayer, best result was a 2nd place in a handicap - Rating: 3/10
Unlimited David - 4yo - 1m - Nowhere near a win - Rating: 2/10
Thatll Image - 4yo - 1.1m - Didn't expect much from this horse and was not disappointed - Rating: 1/10
Always Dreaming - 4yo - 1.2m - Amazing Dubai World Cup Winner, everything after that is forgetable - Rating 10/10 (first race) 0/10 (thereafter)
Mickwell Beck - 4yo - 1.2m - Horse performed better than expected, handicapper that picked up 1 win - Rating: 6/10
Spartic Work - 4yo - 1.4m - His first half of the season was terrible, second half much better and picked up 1 win and a couple of 2nds - Rating: 5/10
Talbiya Saved - 4yo - 2m - Decent stayer, best result was 2nd in a Group 3 - Rating: 5/10
Rafaella Pitie - 3yo - 5f - Replacement for Lidar Wodeland, my first attempt at a sprinter, was a little disappointing - Rating: 4/10

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 359 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next