View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I decided not to enter the league but !!!!! 
Selling plater

Post I decided not to enter the league but !!!!!
I have been almost exclusively play a standard game but when I saw a new league ws starting again I thought I might give it a go. I have only been playing a "league saved game" for about a week and my horses were pants, couldn't find a decent gamebred. Then along came a gamebred to the barn with 18 G1 wins to his name. I managed to breed with him 7 times in the season and 2 of the foals had good potential bars, a colt and a filly. They only achieved 94% potential as 3yo, but far better than anything I already had in the stable.

I exported them both to the CK as 3yo and ran them against the best horse I had from a standard game. These were Clockwork Knights bars.

And this was the result of the race. The two gray horses are the league horses.

Unfortuneately, the gamebred stallion only lasted one season in the barn, but I am hoping that this colt and filly will produce a few offspring to upload in week 5.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else tried trialling some of their superbar horses agianst their league horse.

It could also be that Clockwork Knight wasn't as good as his bars would indicate although he was one of the best CK horses I produced from a standard game.

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:43 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: I decided not to enter the league but !!!!!
I tried twice but both times I tried to include my league horses, with my none league in the CK, I lost everything in my CK. Not tried since

Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:23 am
Selling plater

How do you breed a horse that good? I've played 100's of seasons and never had a horse like that. Mind you I don't do trials on the CK when I'm playing the game and I just breed the horses that have the best potential bars and those that win group races. Am I doing something wrong?

Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:59 am
Group 3 winner

When the league mode was initiated I removed my save folder so I was unable to test my league games, I think this was a big mistake but I wanted a clean start. So the only chance I got was in the second trial and I know from that my games were not as good. I will still win some big races regardless and will continue to improve my games. Just go for it, looks like you have some ammunition there but you will never know unless you try.

You have to have a fighting spirit!

Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:46 am
Selling plater

The only way to breed super horses with bars like those above is to use ttf files and 100's of hours of breeding.

Using ttf files is now banned in the league because it was possible to breed these super horses. Some people liked to use ttf files and some did not. In most cases, those that did not couldn't compete with those that did.

Wannabe wrote a post for SO6 called breeding for the league using ttf files. Not all, but some of his ideas can be used in the standard SO7 game in conjunction with ttf files to breed better horses. Please note, these horses can't be used in the league.

I have played starters orders for many years, since about SO4, but I had never entered the league before, never had the time to spend on the game to do a good job. Broke my ankle, so had time on my hands, decided to follow Wannabe's instructions, only took about 6 weeks of breeding, and entered one of the last SO6 league seasons and had many winners in the league by using ttf files.

I'm in isolation\lockdown, so this might be my only chance to have time to do enough breeding to enter an SO7 league.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:07 am
Group 1 winner

Bet that horse is a good jumper too, in the old league on paper at least likely graded class.

Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:22 am
Selling plater

What a BIG disapointment.

I have bred the two superb horses above, (who are now both 15 years old), with each other they have only produced 2 colts who came anywhere near maxing out their potential. Both Hornblower and Blackbeard were US triple crown winners in the game and they finished last in the trials.

The other horses in the trials came from some of my other mares. You would expect at least one of the two good horses to pass on some of their genes.

There were trials run over 8f, 10f and 12f just to see if that would make a difference but they had similiar results.

There were a few decent looking fillies, but their performance was just as bad.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:26 am
Group 1 winner

The alignment between the CK and the game is as bad as always. These now league mode?

Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:48 am
Group 1 winner

The pics above from SO6?

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:02 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
The alignment between the CK and the game is as bad as always. These now league mode?

This is not really the case. The best horses in my game are the best in my CK and doing well in the league as well. As evidence see monsters thread and league performance. You could get to that state if you don't interbreed ck horses with good game horses. After doing this for while the ck and game are in alignment. You probably need to trial often for this though as quite possibly your game and ck could diverge quite quickly

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:17 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

This is not really the case. The best horses in my game are the best in my CK and doing well in the league as well. As evidence see monsters thread and league performance. You could get to that state if you don't interbreed ck horses with good game horses. After doing this for while the ck and game are in alignment

I think I can tell who my better jump horses are and my stayers on the flat ( the good ones win easily) but the flat I have little idea :D :D This weekend I played my flat game ( it was a disaster zone :lol: :lol: ) no good stallions or fillies left in my barn ( I never trial my horses and I had a look at one of the horses who won a week one maiden called Brief Alakaaber ( I didn't even name her) . I had no memory of this horse in game and when I looked at her form in game I knew why :lol: :lol: :lol: Not even sure why I saved her on my CK :lol: :lol:

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:41 am
Group 1 winner

have to say there has been a huge improvement in this useless horses in the game never do anything in the CK
off course the odd top quality in game horse will bomb in the CK but usually in game class transfers to the CK
I have seen a huge improvement in this from older versions

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Now I've only run trials once( never had enough horse) before I ran my league trials and the two horses who won over 1m2 (3yo) in week 1 Directing and Brief I had different opinions on them in game , Brief looked awful and yet Directing looked very good in game and I bred to him .

This is Brief , she was awful in game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She only won a 2yo maiden :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I looked to see if I had any full brother and sisters for the league I noticed Encosta About was just about dad to most of my league horses. I didn't even name him either , not sure why. My US dirt game has lots of little US courses and most are Bull rings tracks, 5 or 6 furlong courses and if u don't have the right running style u'll struggle to win.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:08 am
Selling plater

I have abandoned this US game. Started a new UK combined schedule and was given this horse as a starter horse. A decent horse to start a game with.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
This is not really the case. The best horses in my game are the best in my CK and doing well in the league as well. As evidence see monsters thread and league performance. You could get to that state if you don't interbreed ck horses with good game horses. After doing this for while the ck and game are in alignment. You probably need to trial often for this though as quite possibly your game and ck could diverge quite quickly

Not the case for me, most of my sucessful league horses were utterly rubbish in game, and my game G1 winners rarely make the grade at trial, a few do but not many. Seems to be working ok so far mind, it may not help that I tend to have a load of good horses in the same races so some maybe just unfortunate. But my trial results compel me to ignore the game results totally.

Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next