View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 League/kit improvements suggestions thread. 
Handicapper

Post Re: League/kit improvements suggestions thread.
It would be cool to have horse ratings on the race results pages on the website. It currently appears to have the weight but not the rating. Also in the horse form pages, so you can see how a horses rating has changed throughout the season.

Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:09 am
Group 1 winner

Dhughes wrote:
It would be cool to have horse ratings on the race results pages on the website. It currently appears to have the weight but not the rating. Also in the horse form pages, so you can see how a horses rating has changed throughout the season.

Thanks for the idea. The data isn't currently stored, so currently the rating is just overwritten. I have added new fields in the database and the data will be stored from now on. I haven't changed the display yet as currently all the rating are the new ratings. It will be working from week 3, it is not possible to get the first 2 weeks data as ratings aren't there as they have been overwritten

Edit

I have scraped some data and added the old ratings with some sql updates. Should be fully functional. Let me know if any issues

Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:54 am
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:
Dhughes wrote:

Thanks for the idea. The data isn't currently stored, so currently the rating is just overwritten. I have added new fields in the database and the data will be stored from now on. I haven't changed the display yet as currently all the rating are the new ratings. It will be working from week 3, it is not possible to get the first 2 weeks data as ratings aren't there as they have been overwritten

Edit

I have scraped some data and added the old ratings with some sql updates. Should be fully functional. Let me know if any issues

Looks great, thanks! This should help with reviewing horse performances against others going forward

Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:10 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
1. Multi select to add to a group folder. Its really tedious adding 30 horses individually to a folder. Basically like windows so you can drag and drop multi selected into folders or add to folders

There is a way this can be done now. Select the group (right screen) and hold L-CTRL. While holding left click on a horse name and the group will be set for that horse.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:11 am
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:
Quote:
1. Multi select to add to a group folder. Its really tedious adding 30 horses individually to a folder. Basically like windows so you can drag and drop multi selected into folders or add to folders

There is a way this can be done now. Select the group (right screen) and hold L-CTRL. While holding left click on a horse name and the group will be set for that horse.

Thanks that works really well. Going to speed up things a lot

Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:25 am
Site Admin

Quote:
I have entered horses in the League that was exported with Visors They don't show up in the race kit races neither does any additional blinkers etc. I have never been sure if these gadgets work but just in case can you sort that out and Mark any chance in the future we can have different colour Blinkers etc all the horses wearing same Blinkers and nose band a bit boring a trainer could design his own Blinkers.

Pacifiers have never been active in the league due to some older constraints. So if a horse requires blinkers and is enetered without the horse won't be penalised. It looks like now I can introduce this effect as things have improved in this area regarding exports. So once I release another kit build pacifiers should show on the horse(s) and the effect will be in place for those horses it applies to. Varying colours would not work at this point.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:19 pm
Site Admin

A couple of minor kit fixes in 1.028.

1.028 Kit. Duplicate horses (of different ages) may now compete in kit races.
Game races minor pace mod.
Kit. Pacifier effect added (previously there was no effect and game horses that required a pacifier would not be penalised in kit races).
Nag added to export screen reminding players that non league mode game horses cannot be entered into online league.

Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:27 pm
Group 3 winner

Mark wrote:

Not sure if I understand. I'm taking it as you can enter the same brother or sister (same breeding) as long as thsy are different ages?

Will this include the breeding bug where a yearling suddenly becomes a 2yo. One of my mares produced twins but nothing in the next year, they where almost identical in all respects. I had a big problem in which one to choose to enter the league. Not a big point now I suppose as Having Fun is not as great as I'd hoped but still.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:49 am
Group 1 winner

dragontrainer wrote:
Mark wrote:

Not sure if I understand. I'm taking it as you can enter the same brother or sister (same breeding) as long as thsy are different ages?

Will this include the breeding bug where a yearling suddenly becomes a 2yo. One of my mares produced twins but nothing in the next year, they where almost identical in all respects. I had a big problem in which one to choose to enter the league. Not a big point now I suppose as Having Fun is not as great as I'd hoped but still.

Hey Dragon,

You can now enter the same horses at a different age, 5yo, 6yo, 7yo etc all in the same race.

Thanks Mark this will make it a lot easy to find the best age for our horses to compete in the league.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:22 am
Group 1 winner

The improvements are great Mark, it really has improved the race kit experience a lot

dragontrainer wrote:
Not a big point now I suppose as Having Fun is not as great as I'd hoped but still.

Hopefully your enjoyment will increase. You have some good front runners, so a really good base from which to improve your stable

Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:56 am
Handicapper

When will those who purchased the game on Steam get this facility? Still on V1.023 here. Seems a tad unfair that some are on V1.028 and can do this while others on Steam cannot

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:00 am
Group 1 winner

Mark wrote:

Game races minor pace mod.
Kit. Pacifier effect added (previously there was no effect and game horses that required a pacifier would not be penalised in kit races).
Nag added to export screen reminding players that non league mode game horses cannot be entered into online league.

The pace mod is brilliant. I don't get pacemakers winning all the group 1's any more, but some still win which is realistic. Jockeys start trying to challenge a bit earlier as well, instead of sitting still until their chance has gone. Thanks a big improvement

There are 2 small changes ( hopefully small ) that would really about decrease some tedious bits about the game

1. In 'My Racing Stable' can there be a sort on the status field so all the injured horses can be grouped together, Hard work scrolling through 500 horses every 5 days or so, especially as you can't close the horse display window once you have clicked on a horse

2. In the messages could there possibly be an 'accept all' to accept all breeding requests, as currently I have to click sometimes up to 18 individual requests every few days

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:32 am
Group 1 winner

The L_CTRL works really well, any chance we can get this in game so we can batch export a number of horses. I don't want to use export all as I like to export when horses are race ready, and grouped together by distance so they easier to sort into folders

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:02 am
Group 1 winner

The above improvements would be very sweet.

Also below from another post would make it more enjoyable and speed up the process of in game play.

All these improvement would even make it easier for new players wanting to join the league. As we've seen you don't need many season to get something competitive. It's finding that base stallion to move thing's on quicker.

Hemz wrote:
I agree Leon it's made it a lot easier. Another feature which i think would be great and make it even more enjoyable is to be able to breed multiple stallion at any one time.

So for instant your first pairing will breed first and so on after that. You could literally do all your breeding in one go and not worry about it throughout the season.

I believe this would be an awesome feature and speed up the in game even more.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:14 am
Group 2 winner

Hemz wrote:
The above improvements would be very sweet.

Also below from another post would make it more enjoyable and speed up the process of in game play.

All these improvement would even make it easier for new players wanting to join the league. As we've seen you don't need many season to get something competitive. It's finding that base stallion to move thing's on quicker.

Hemz wrote:
I agree Leon it's made it a lot easier. Another feature which i think would be great and make it even more enjoyable is to be able to breed multiple stallion at any one time.

So for instant your first pairing will breed first and so on after that. You could literally do all your breeding in one go and not worry about it throughout the season.

I believe this would be an awesome feature and speed up the in game even more.

This is something I have thought would be good for a while. It would make it almost like a proper 'book of mares' as they used to say. Each stallion could have a certain number of slots per breeding season and you could slot the mares in in the order of preference. Then you would just have to check back periodically to see how far they were getting through the list with some stallions having a higher fertility rate. You would also need to have the ability to move and add to the list as you bought new broodmares or retired horses through the season. An alert to say the pairing ha been used before similar to the inbreeding one would be useful too.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next