View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Now the league is under way... 
Site Admin

Post Now the league is under way...
First of all thanks to all of those who put in the hard work to make the league so enjoyable. The commentaries especially are of the highest quality.

Now the league is underway I would remind everyone that strictly speaking we are still in the 'testing phase' although so far only small kit tweaks have come up. My big concern was that the pace improvements and jockey AI tweaks that came along with SO7 would possibly result in results being heavily biased towards front runners but from what I can see this is not the case. It looked like maybe the balance is right but it's something to keep an eye on.

So as stated before post any issues that are specific to this league in the thread here. It will be easier for me to keep track of if the posts are in one place. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19105

Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:58 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Now the league is under way...
Thanks. I think I can speak for all the other commentators and say that we enjoy doing it and it is always nice to get good feedback. It is great that we have different voices and styles to keep things interesting.

Doug, Stu and myself used to enjoy doing the reviews and previews as well but time became a bit of an issue due to other things. We have been talking during this lockdown period of maybe doing them again, not every week but for big weeks like Royal Ascot or maybe even the Derby. If we did one would you be interested in coming on and doing a bit of an interview chat talking about how you devised the game and how it has developed etc. I am sure a lot of people would be interested to hear about how you see and do things with regards to the game.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Thanks. I think I can speak for all the other commentators and say that we enjoy doing it and it is always nice to get good feedback. It is great that we have different voices and styles to keep things interesting.

Doug, Stu and myself used to enjoy doing the reviews and previews as well but time became a bit of an issue due to other things. We have been talking during this lockdown period of maybe doing them again, not every week but for big weeks like Royal Ascot or maybe even the Derby. If we did one would you be interested in coming on and doing a bit of an interview chat talking about how you devised the game and how it has developed etc. I am sure a lot of people would be interested to hear about how you see and do things with regards to the game.

Sounds like a great idea Mark

Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lovely words Mark, any feedback is appreciated...

Martin, I'd be more than happy to help out with the odd preview chat if there's an appetite for it. I used to do a huge preview for every race at Ascot a while back which could be incorporated. Happy to help out when needed while I have the time!

Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]