View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Trailing horses in the same race at different ages 
Group 1 winner

Post Trailing horses in the same race at different ages
This new update to race all horses at different ages in the same race as thrown up so many new results.

Most of my League horses , around 70% of them are at the wrong age.

I'd like to know other peoples thoughts on this.

On a plus side it's producing more accurate results now as well.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:36 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Trailing horses in the same race at different ages
A lot of wrong ages for me too. Especially my hurdlers!!! So much better being able to tell whihc age of a horse is best. Also the L-CTRL adding horses to a group, shaved off a massive time in my trials and increased the enjoyment. The kit improvements are great.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:52 am
Group 1 winner

I agree Leon it's made it a lot easier. Another feature which i think would be great and make it even more enjoyable is to be able to breed multiple stallion at any one time.

So for instant your first pairing will breed first and so on after that. You could literally do all your breeding in one go and not worry about it throughout the season.

I believe this would be an awesome feature and speed up the in game play even more.

Last edited by Hemz on Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:57 am
Group 1 winner

Hemz wrote:
I agree Leon it's made it a lot easier. Another feature which i think would be great and make it even more enjoyable is to be able to breed multiple stallion at any one time.

So for instant your first pairing will breed first and so on after that. You could literally do all your breeding in one go and not worry about it throughout the season.

I believe this would be an awesome feature and speed up the in game even more.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I TOTALLY ECHO THIS

would be a huge help

Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:
A lot of wrong ages for me too. Especially my hurdlers!!! So much better being able to tell whihc age of a horse is best. Also the L-CTRL adding horses to a group, shaved off a massive time in my trials and increased the enjoyment. The kit improvements are great.

How do you get the L + CTRL to work Leon. I create a group then its blank and I cant select any horses?? If I delete the group the I try and select the horses but nothing happens!!!

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:12 am
Group 1 winner

1. Select a horse.
2. Add it to or change it's group. In the drop down menu that says choose group.
3. Then hold L-CTRL down and just click on horses. You will notice that their group changes in the group column to the group of the first horse.
4. Then just push the x on your original horse and they will all be added to a new group or moved to a different one

Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:29 am
Group 1 winner

Which way is it going for your NH horses Leon, older or younger?

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Which way is it going for your NH horses Leon, older or younger?

Depends for example I uploaded Storm Witch to league at 6, she is best at 8, same with Footprints in league at 6 best at 8. I have some 6yo's in league for which most 7yo's are better, but that's fine they can come back next season In general it's 7 but have some 6 and 8's. 9's and 10's for longer distances

Flat is still the 7yo as well but some 6yo's and even have a 9yo mile that is now my best my miler ( full potential only came at 9)

From my expierence so far, I think the horse performs best when the potential is at its hightest. I don't have any full 3 and 4yo potential and I think only 1 or 2 full potential at 5 so probably why my younger horses can't compete against the older.

It's a trade off try breed horses for the flat classics or keep my NH lines. NH wins hands down, so will stick to my current breeding style and forego doing well in 3yo flat classics

How about you?

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Not tried it yet, my mother is on her last legs, suspected covid in her care home, so my play time is nil right now. My horses all pretty much peaked at 8 hence my whole team being 8. So the bad news yours will come back better mine are as good as they are going to get :(

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Not tried it yet, my mother is on her last legs, suspected covid in her care home, so my play time is nil right now. My horses all pretty much peaked at 8 hence my whole team being 8. So the bad news yours will come back better mine are as good as they are going to get :(

Sorry about u mum , I aged 10 years when my partner had it . :cry: :cry: :cry:

I always use the same ages since so4 or 5. I've always used 8 for most of my jump horses and 9 and 10 for long distance stayers .And hopefully more horses will come back the following season with the way the jumps breeding is.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:30 pm
Group 1 winner

You and others will catch up to me. I can only play about 6 or 7 seasons between league seasons normally and will have a lot of mine coming back next league season.

Anyway it only takes 1 game stallion to transform your horses look at my flat sprint/milers all came from a French game stallion, my horses were really bad in the trials over those distances. Someone could just as easily get that stalion early in their game and get some monsters.

Hopefully you mum improves

Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]