View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 FLAT R 17 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: FLAT R 17
Reduced stable size benefits those with 3yos ( Paul ) and no horses over 14f ( Jalupan) . It harms those with balanced stables.

Reducing entries to 20 with a stable size of 25 has the same effect but doesn't affect the balance of stables. It is easy to code a max number of entries for a week. This will have the same affect of less entries in races without affecting balance of stables. You still taking out the same amount of entries each week

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:39 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Reduced stable size benefits those with 3yos ( Paul ) and no horses over 14f ( Jalupan) . It harms those with balanced stables.

Reducing entries to 20 with a stable size of 25 has the same effect but doesn't affect the balance of stables. It is easy to code a max number of entries for a week. This will have the same affect of less entries in races without affecting balance of stables. You still taking out the same amount of entries each week

Why would you need to worry about coding when we could state in the forum that flat stable size is now back to 20?

I can't see how it harms balanced stables?

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:51 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:

Sorry Leon I just dont understand this point how would it be beneficial to someone with a big team of classic horses it would mean I'd have less horses
for the early G1s for 4YO+ and there are alot of them. EG. if i went with 16 classic horses id have 4 slots for 2YO's & 4+ I'd have barely any runners in
Dubai or alot of the races at Royal Ascot but very few juvenile runners if thats the way someone wants to go thats the sacrifice they would have to make.
If anything if you balance your team well you will benefit. If I want a team mostly set up for the classics I'l be hindering myself if anything so I just cant
see how reducing would harm a well balanced team.

Doug how often do we agree :lol: :lol: :lol: this should be framed :lol:

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:03 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

With coding we can't have different size stables for different people. That is what I was responding to. Its either 20 for everyone or 25 for everyone. Not 20 for some and 25 for others. That can't be done

But like I said 20 size benefits people with 3yos. If you reduce the entries to 20 max per trainer per week. You still have the same effect of reducing entries in a week but allow a better balanced stable

If people want 20 so be it. But even when I had a bad stable I found it very frustrating as 3yos can compete in almost everything so we have a league full of 3yo's again and those with older horses have a big disadvanatage. Its ok for me I will just scrap my 2yos but really don't understand why having a max entry amount of 20 in a week is not a solution. It will have the same desired result of less entries but will help out new trainers as they will normally be the ones who have uploads who aren't as versatile as the top trainers

This will help new trainers as they normally don't get the balance right or upload bad horses etc so having 20 entries to pick from 25 will be good for them. But entries will still be reduced in races which is what we want

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:13 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:

Sorry Leon I just dont understand this point how would it be beneficial to someone with a big team of classic horses it would mean I'd have less horses
for the early G1s for 4YO+ and there are alot of them. EG. if i went with 16 classic horses id have 4 slots for 2YO's & 4+ I'd have barely any runners in
Dubai or alot of the races at Royal Ascot but very few juvenile runners if thats the way someone wants to go thats the sacrifice they would have to make.
If anything if you balance your team well you will benefit. If I want a team mostly set up for the classics I'l be hindering myself if anything so I just cant

3yos can compete in almsot all the races. If you want to make it balanced change more races to 4+. If you 3yos are better you don't have to worry about older horses in your stable as your 3yos can run in these races.

However changing a load of races to 4+ will definitely force stables to be balanced. So we could do this

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:19 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
leonvr wrote:

Doug how often do we agree :lol: :lol: :lol: this should be framed :lol:

Yes, you are right, Paul.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:32 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

3yos can compete in almsot all the races. If you want to make it balanced change more races to 4+. If you 3yos are better you don't have to worry about older horses in your stable as your 3yos can run in these races.

However changing a load of races to 4+ will definitely force stables to be balanced. So we could do this

Alot of the early group ones up to Royal Ascot are already 4YO+ why do we need to change the age bracket of races
if I have 20 horses you can only run them once a week whatever age they are.

you stated not so long ago Leon that the older horses have an advantage over the 3 year olds has your opinion changed
on that front I dont understand why you would want to punish people for having a few more 3YO's its like you want to place
rules and force people to shape their teams to a certain criteria in other words telling
people how they should build their team. With the upmost of respect Leon and I respect you greatly I just dont think that is right
I think its something that will hugely benefit anyone who runs a combined schedule hence has alot of older horses.

Anyway no disrespect meant Leon its good to iron these things out now before we start next season.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:53 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I have put a poll up as that is the best way to resolve this.

For me I would just scrap my 2yos if need be. I would love to have 3yos as good as my older horses but playing for Nh this is never going to happen

But changing max entries to 20 will have the same effect of reducing stable size without such a drastic impact on some trainers. All we want is less entries in a week and that will solve it.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:59 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:

For me I would just scrap my 2yos if need be. I would love to have 3yos as good as my older horses but playing for Nh this is never going to happen

But changing max entries to 20 will have the same effect of reducing stable size without such a drastic impact on some trainers. All we want is less entries in a week and that will solve it.

I always try and look at it from other peoples point of view at all levels and put my own opinions last
taking 5 horses away from me will hurt me greatly but will give more opportunities to others.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:

In SO6 - using 3yos was at a distinct advantage but SO7 seems quite different with trainers getting older horses to perform.
I'm not so sure that 3yos have the same advantage in SO7

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:03 am
Group 1 winner

IMO the older horses have a slight advantage but its minor it maybe even be 100% fair
certainly no stats to prove one way or the other that one age group is dominant

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Having max entries will still affect you. I agree something needs to be done. But it looks like its a case of we will punish those playing a combined schedule. My 3yos aren't going to win a classic but now I will need to possibly drop them as runners as they just can't compete with my older horses..

As I said I will lose all my 2yos . They not that good anyway. Reducing stable size benfits old trainers who know how to balance their stables.

Max entries is more forgiving and means new trainers can make a few mistakes with their uploads. 20 stable size doesn't give you that leeway.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:10 am
Group 1 winner

Tricky one this........... bit of Fantasy & reality crossing over again.

A stable size of 25 allows stables to have a least one G1 level horse at all distances so the higher end can cover most G1's every week, this would still be the same with a max entry of 20.

A stable size of 20, stops trainers being able to compete for every G1 at all distances every week & adds reality, as no trainer in the real world has a G1 horse at all distances.

The main thing is we do not keep adding races to the schedual.

A poll is good but must have a minimum number of votes for such a major change, 12 people voting is not a good enough cross section of the league players and maybe it needs to be won by a majority greater than one at least, as 7-6 is hardly decisive and referendum politics are the worse kind!

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:17 am
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
leonvr wrote:

I always try and look at it from other peoples point of view at all levels and put my own opinions last
taking 5 horses away from me will hurt me greatly but will give more opportunities to others.

That's the whole idea I've been aiming at - adding more G1s (which has been done) to stretch the top stables numbers. But it was negated with flat stable sizes rising from 20 to 25 because at the same time we made it that all trainers could enter two horses in any race and Mart and Gray were worried there wouldn't be enough horses to fill the races.

To me, it appears that there wont be any problems filling races as seen by the problems we are now having with field sizes. And we know that there will be more trainers next season.

So I/we have never had a chance to see if it will be effective or not.
I believe it will be very effective in opening more chances for other trainers to win Group races and to minimise large fields.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:18 am
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Having max entries will still affect you. I agree something needs to be done. But it looks like its a case of we will punish those playing a combined schedule. My 3yos aren't going to win a classic but now I will need to possibly drop them as runners as they just can't compete with my older horses..

As I said I will lose all my 2yos . They not that good anyway. Reducing stable size benfits old trainers who know how to balance their stables.

Max entries is more forgiving and means new trainers can make a few mistakes with their uploads. 20 stable size doesn't give you that leeway.

Vice versa Leon my jumpers are a million miles off yours and if I want to compete I have to breed jumps horses in a combined schedule its
not fair that my flat cast offs no longer count.

I am useless in the national hunt sphere because I have put no time into it I dont deserve to be fighting out Cheltenham Gold cups with you
and josh and Craig if I want to do that I have to do what you guys do.

You cant have your cake and eat it.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:19 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next