View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 League domination 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League domination
So if you need these world beater stallions then how do you explain

Endless Nights

GI joe

and

Unendliche Geschichte

None of these come from a super game stallion and have none anywhere in their lines. I have others but those are the best examples based on league performance

If you keep waiting for that super game stallion soon you will be miles behind those that use other methods to improve their horses.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:28 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:

Endless Nights

GI joe

and

Unendliche Geschichte

None of these come from a super game stallion and have none anywhere in their lines. I have others but those are the best examples based on league performance

If you keep waiting for that super game stallion soon you will be miles behind those that use other methods to improve their horses.

I disagree if u find a supper game stallion on the flat then it will have one of the 3 main bars full or almost full , what makes this horse great is not the potential because it only probably has a 80% potential bar and even when a horse has only 50% potential bar from him the horse can win group 1's so this horse must have a 90% or more speed bar . I think his speed bar is 100% and that's why he's bred over 50 + plus group 1 winners. If u start with a horse that has one special bar then u will improve u horses quicker than if u have a top class horse with all average bars. His horses will improve quicker because they have some thing special about them( speed bar) , that's been luck rather than skill . :D :D

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:50 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:

Endless Nights

GI joe

and

Unendliche Geschichte

Leon you seem to be picking up everyone's post as a pop or a dig at you why do you need to be so defensive and
at times come over as been a bit aggressive if whats working for you is not the way everyone else is doing
it why are you so bothered surely thats a huge bonus for you.

I just dont understand why you seem to be getting a bit heated over things lately you have had a stella season
surely you should be delighted beyond belief yet last week you were moaning that you could not beat my 3YO's
which I think is wrong you certainly can and you wanted to make changes to the schedule to counter act this which
i found flabbergasting to be honest you have won 127 races this season miles more than anyone else.

this week you have got your back up because you think everyone is saying you are where you are due to luck which
is total balony you are there because of smart breeding.

I Feel blessed and grateful for the bit of success have had this season and know next season wiill be tougher but certainly
have nothing to moan about.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Not getting heated at all. Just pointing out you dont need luck!!!

Not to bothered if people want to wait for a super stallion. That is there choice :D :D :D :D

What I am saying is I didn't that is all, which kind of shows you don't need to

Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
leonvr wrote:

Endless Nights

GI joe

and

Unendliche Geschichte

Leon you seem to be picking up everyone's post as a pop or a dig at you why do you need to be so defensive and
at times come over as been a bit aggressive if whats working for you is not the way everyone else is doing
it why are you so bothered surely thats a huge bonus for you.

I just dont understand why you seem to be getting a bit heated over things lately you have had a stella season
surely you should be delighted beyond belief yet last week you were moaning that you could not beat my 3YO's
which I think is wrong you certainly can and you wanted to make changes to the schedule to counter act this which
i found flabbergasting to be honest you have won 127 races this season miles more than anyone else.

this week you have got your back up because you think everyone is saying you are where you are due to luck which
is total balony you are there because of smart breeding.

I Feel blessed and grateful for the bit of success have had this season and know next season wiill be tougher but certainly
have nothing to moan about.

Everything in life has a bit of luck involved and everyone should get the most out of it if u have it. Plus what has this topic proved and that is everyone breeds differently and thinks differently to how they should breed . My stayers were 110% luck because if I hadn't have used that super looking stallion then I would never have breed any stayers . I had luck in breeding to him but skill in improving them enough for the league. :D :D

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:03 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:
Not getting heated at all. Just pointing out you dont need luck!!!

Not to bothered if people want to wait for a super stallion. That is there choice :D :D :D :D

What I am saying is I didn't that is all, which kind of shows you don't need to

Sorry thats a tad arrogant for my taste Leon we will leave it there anyway good luck mate

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Anyway my original post was encourage the lesser lights in the league to keep going
hopefully my post will have done that I'm always happy to help those people and have been
delighted that several have emailed me for advice and I have done my best to help them
Jean is one who posted today as I could not really give advice on the jumps side as I just
dont have the experience in SO7.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

To qualify my comments I do not think it always has to be a monster performing game horse, god knows I have bred with enough multi winning G1 game busts to know that does not assure or really indicate league quality and my best two finds if you would like had no game pedigree to speak of they were just random. One was an unraced 4yo chaser brought at auction with no lineage of any quality to speak of, certainly no graded races the other on my flat game was a brood mare who had not won anything and again had nothing in the history to indicate anything special. The chaser added potential and clearly that ck trait, the mare I think added cruising burst, but I shall never know for sure.

The chaser bred probably more than half my jumps team and produced hurdlers and chasers that have won a stack of races, including the Ryanair winner and the Aintree Hurdle winner. I do concede the stock I had built up played a part but the difference between this and previous breeding was night and day. The brood mare produced Belladona, arguably my best flat horse.

So that was luck pure and simple i applied no science in finding them as there was none to apply, but they both added something that delivered success and in the case of the chaser basically half my breeding programme as it stands today. Now I will admit I take more pride in the 2.4m chaser I have just produced who took 3 generations to get right and is actually from a different game sire and I’ll overlook the fact he was supposed to be a 2m chaser, but without a healthy slice of luck in your game creating those horses in the first place and more importantly that you actually find them or can get hold of them for breeding it is hard to find success.

And I am not taking anything away from you Leon, my posts we’re not really directed at anyone more just my experiences and views, and I don’t think there is any doubt that your a first class league trainer especially on the jumps which is evidenced by the fact you had major success in SO6 without the tff, I also don’t doubt you have made the absolute most of what your game has offered up, found those horses and made them work for you but for me there is a huge slice of luck that has contributed to yours and everyone’s success in the creation of those horses in the first place. I go back to my Irish jump game where I did everything I have always done and the whole breeding program was a ck bust despite the horses looking better on paper and performing better in the game.

If anything the fact that this can happen to anyone and in any game and at any time is why I think SO7 will make for more interesting and varied leagues. I just feel for those trainers who don’t get or spot the horses that will make the change.

Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:53 pm
Group 1 winner

I don't think this sire is a world beater it might be the Mare who i bought and now have no Record.I think she was bought at a Breeders Sale i never ran her or any mermory in my racing stable.I don't think its luck Sinn Script was Born in Season 6 i think it comes down to Breeding the right horses Together
i look out for Group Winners not how many Group wins it has but how many times it ran to get those Group 1 and what group 1 has i Consider a 3yo Group 1 winner would of won against moderate horses but i look at the older group wins.

SINN SCRIPT

SIRE

Stud Record

Gray

Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

How about we all just agree there is both a degree of luck and skill in this game.

Skill to nurture and develop the good genetics.

And Luck that the game stallion that has a less than average record but results in producing fabulous foals doesn't expire before you have the chance to realise it or produces the "dud" 20% foal. (this has happened to me too often :evil: )

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:03 am
Group 1 winner

Happens to us all, of 300 foals bred per season on the NH I usually keep about 100, after removing the duds and those whose realised potential is less than 50, the dud breeds are not just luck though i think there is more too it than that. I believe certain breeding pairings have a lower probability of success. Ok you sold me, that’s luck too :)

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:48 am
Group 1 winner

I have no doubt I am the luckiest trainer ever Carrick Boy is in the lineage of every single league horse I have
or will have next season. I knew very quickly when he was siring over 100 individual G1 winners that he was a
huge gamechanger and by pure luck he ended up in a sale.

Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Another season over for Katie and another 31 group1 wins for the family :D :D

I just had a look and he has 12 sons at stud so his family will be the leading breeders going forward , it will be interesting to see what that does to my game and will the family last a long time in game. Will it have the butterfly effect or will they die out like the dinosaurs :D

Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3