View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Watching Races & Skipping Races In Game And Also CK Times 
Group 1 winner

Post Watching Races & Skipping Races In Game And Also CK Times
This is for the league players more than casual players. Anyone else seeing this int here games? I'd be very keen to know. Thanks in advance.

Not sure how to explain this but something isn't right with watching the races compared to skipping them in game and the race times it is giving out.

I haven't watched any races for many seasons (around 40+). I decided to watch some and all of a sudden when I watch the races I'm beating every course record I enter my horses in and also the game horses which win races are also breaking records.

I've been curious why my times have been so slow and other game horses times as well in many G1 races.

Looking at my CK times compared to my in game times they are more accurate when watching the races. Could this be a bug when skipping races and races not being truly run correctly when skipping? I must have broke 20/30 G1 course records over a short period in the same season, to be honest every time i watch a race now I usually break the course record or the game horses do. This happens over flat and jumps. I've done around 60 seasons in total.

Even my other games I've tested are doing exactly the same thing. Smashing records by 2/3s on the flat and even more over jumps. This shouldn't be happening so frequently, when it's been taking me decades to beat some course records.

Lastly. Seems when using the TAB or SPACE BAR in the CK you get inconsistent times by 1s or more. I know i few guys having issues with the CK as well. Anyone else having issues?

Will add some screenshots when i get the time tomorrow.

Sent my game file to Mark. So hopeful he has a solution to this strange thing happening in my game.

Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:46 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Watching Races & Skipping Races In Game And Also CK Time
yes hemz there is a massive difference between running tabbing and space bar as i pointed out quite a few seasons ago(dont think you were around) which kinda stopped everyone posting times i think we worked out the problem is with what you're playing on spec wise and the level of graphics you play though i'm pretty sure the best horses will always come to the top no matter how u trial,the only down side tho is if you want to compare league times you have to run the race in normal time,also disregard the first race you run when you change the field ie add a horse or take one away, new distance ect as there is a big chance of a fluke result bigger than normal.hope this helps

Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:38 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
yes hemz there is a massive difference between running tabbing and space bar as i pointed out quite a few seasons ago(dont think you were around) which kinda stopped everyone posting times i think we worked out the problem is with what you're playing on spec wise and the level of graphics you play though i'm pretty sure the best horses will always come to the top no matter how u trial,the only down side tho is if you want to compare league times you have to run the race in normal time,also disregard the first race you run when you change the field ie add a horse or take one away, new distance ect as there is a big chance of a fluke result bigger than normal.hope this helps

Hey Jalupen,

I think this goes a little deeper in game play more so than CK trails. I've done 10s of thousands of trails in my time playing the game over the years.

What my main issues are is how inconsistent the times are from watching them race to skipping them in game. I'm breaking every record i see when i watch the races compared to skipping them. I assume watching them is more accurate to CK times than skipping them.

This cannot reflect on the actual game play. Skipping and watching should be very similar in terms of times been run in any race. But my times are over 2/3s out which is major in G1 company.

There is a strange problem with this. I have 6 different games going and have tested this and all seem to be the same inconsistent times resulting in watching been more favorable than skipping the races.

Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:56 am
Group 3 winner

What can be interesting is to space skip a race then watch the full replay.
The way the horses adjust positions can be very strange indeed.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:55 am
Group 1 winner

Watching the races has always produced better results for me, I tend to think the genuine result, skip space bar etc whilst to a degree cream usually rises it still throws up some noise. I always skip my game races aside from maybe Cheltenham as I don’t care what they do in game and I always watch my ck races never skip.

Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:53 pm
Group 1 winner

sadly with trialing you have to watch the race i have experimented with skipping and its a mess really
i do speed up the replay and that does not seem to be detrimental to results

Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

The biggest think I always had was the first race, it always threw up totally different results compared to all the other races and I would just throw the result out but what I always wondered was should we have just used the first race trial because the races in league where always run once. Was that the reason some horses u thought were great turned out poor.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:20 am
Group 1 winner

There are too many elements that you cannot control in my view, I have no doubt there are horses who like small fields, big fields, pace, no pace etc etc etc I just go with the best at all of these, the horse that is generally consistent will do better over a league season than the one who runs like a beast in perfect conditions.

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]