View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 SEASON 2 SO7 TRIALS DAY 1 DECS AUGUST 21st 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SEASON 2 SO7 TRIALS DAY 1 DECS AUGUST 21st
kniesh wrote:
Tried again mate

Yes got them Vinny.

Gray

Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

Cheers Gray, we got there eventually :)

Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:17 am
Handicapper

have you got mine gray

Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:29 am
Group 1 winner

Did you get mine Gray?

Best to check and be 100% sure even though its in my sent box

Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:02 am
Group 1 winner

I got everybody horses files on this thread who said have sent horse files.

Gray

Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:
That must be hard to take. Have you thought of going back to a previous saved game where you have good game stallion and your own horses were you didn't expand on the breeding properly with certain pairings?

I missed out on quite a lot and in hindsight it's very easy to do. I was speed playing in the effort to get some good horses ready for the league. My season 1 league sprinter
Aymard Cruzene I didn't breed much at all with. So I went back and breed everything with him and now i have some of the best CK horses I've ever had.

What I've also done in my games is set all my stud fees low so 100s/1000s of game mares have the chance to breed to my best CK lines hence advancing the breeding further and making sure good CK horses are all over different game mares.

Leon was right this really does help in developing new Lineage lines and keeping the stock of good horses circulating constantly. Does takes time for this to really take effect but i'm starting to see awesome horses coming into the breeding barn with my lines on both sides of the parents. Records are been broken in game so it definitely working. Will update once i get some breeding and exporting done. One noticably in my game is a sprinter with both sides of the parents with my horses in his bloodline and he is smashing the sub 57s over 5f which is frighteningly quick. I cannot get near him.

I am not sure I have the option to go back even with rolling backups and I am not sure even if I did how it will help, the problem for me is not that I missed my star breeder it’s that the star breeder created nice game horses who were all utterly shite at trial, and actually it is star breeders, I have covered them all multiple times and then covered their offspring and their offsprings offspring so much so I can usually predict what I will get. And every new game horse is basically a copy of the last round of stud options. It is a little different between my two games, but on the flat this is extreme now, the yearly auction horses all look the same, the stud horses too and in recent seasons I have been simply starting at the top of the list and working down to the bottom covering everything. There is a strange sort of dilution effect going on, it is rare too see a horse with more than 3 G1 wins I get excited if I see one, I just get loads and loads that have won one of two.

I did not find letting the game breed with my horses much help, on the NH side it does not happen period even at £1 a squirt as my horses tend to land in stud with no game form to speak of, on the flat it maybe worth another go but I remain convinced my game is not going to create anything new just more of the same.

I pretty much win everything when I can be bothered to do my entries properly, If I break records they are usually my own and my typical game race where I enter say 8 horses is to place 1-8 usually by 6 to 8 lengths from the nearest game horse.

I really do think now your pool of horses is fixed when you start your game, since when you start there is no lineage on the horses but after that start point everything ties back to the created stock and that stock naturally dilutes since the best horses are the ones that are bred with and the nags fall away making the overall pool just a concentrated mass of more of the same, that’s my theory at least.

Sending your stallions out to breed with other AI mares most certainly helps and doesn't make the game stagnate in anyway. This area takes time to come into effect but it definitely works and continuing the progression of your lines and keeping the game horses quality up. It's all about CK form right.

I also think the mares specially the WONDERMARE which are in your game, play a massive part in advancing your lines even further. If you find the right game breed horses this elevates your lines even more.

Coming from always playing the game properly and never using the TFF files, I've never had problems in progressing my lines further when it comes to competing in the league and have always improved each league season.

Lastly. It's important to watch some of the big races in game and see what game breed horses style of running is like. I have some which beat mine in game and take notes to look out for them in the breeding barn.

For any newbies or league players wanting to advance more. Do the above it works.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:00 am
Group 1 winner

Agree with Hemz. No stagnation in my game. Letting AI breed with your horses is essential. Still going to all the auctions and picking up nice horses

Pleased with the trials. Did a lot of experimenting. My 8f 2yo ran well over 6 and my 14f horses won nicely over 12 despite getting outpaced. A few didn't work out but I know where I am over those distances

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:07 am
Group 1 winner

I have already started on the flat which is where most of my problems lie, the game won’t breed with my NH horses anyway. Will see in a season or two but I think the stable is a write off.

Have also started two new stables, which has been quite refreshing anyway, I still believe this is the way to play this version, multiple stables and lines to maximise what you can play with. I spent a few hours yesterday looking at the horses overall in my flat game and they all tie back to around 8 to 10 horses game horses, all of whom won 10+ G1’s and I directly breed too and all produced G1 game winning CK busts, and I mean 10L off the pace total donkeys. Those wondermares you speak of hardly ever arrive anymore and if they do I see the same names in their lineage too.

I know you both hate the suggestion but this is luck for me, if your stock is not a ck stock you cannot really do anything about it, that end of season newly created horses is just a recycle of the same. Trainers wanting league progression need to be playing multiple strings and or be prepared to walk away from an established game. At 80 seasons in the best thing I think I can do with my Aussie flat game is delete it and start again, since I have been standing still for the last 10+ seasons.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:52 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I have already started on the flat which is where most of my problems lie, the game won’t breed with my NH horses anyway. Will see in a season or two but I think the stable is a write off.

Have also started two new stables, which has been quite refreshing anyway, I still believe this is the way to play this version, multiple stables and lines to maximise what you can play with. I spent a few hours yesterday looking at the horses overall in my flat game and they all tie back to around 8 to 10 horses game horses, all of whom won 10+ G1’s and I directly breed too and all produced G1 game winning CK busts, and I mean 10L off the pace total donkeys. Those wondermares you speak of hardly ever arrive anymore and if they do I see the same names in their lineage too.

I know you both hate the suggestion but this is luck for me, if your stock is not a ck stock you cannot really do anything about it, that end of season newly created horses is just a recycle of the same. Trainers wanting league progression need to be playing multiple strings and or be prepared to walk away from an established game. At 80 seasons in the best thing I think I can do with my Aussie flat game is delete it and start again, since I have been standing still for the last 10+ seasons.

I guess this way of breeding Josh is all new to you been a TFF player with no real experience in breeding over a long period of time in one particular game.

What i mean by WONDERMARES is that they are your own and not the game mares and breeding with the right stallions and this isn't the stallion by the way who progresses these line it's your mare. This is a tried and tested method which as always worked for me playing the game 10 years ago. It's even more so now with SO7.

I guess it's all LUCK that all my horses in these trails are just down to been lucky right? And no real thought or preparation for months have gone into fine turning my breeding operation to where it's at now.

You don't need to be playing multiple games look at Leon. 1 game and we've all seen what he did last season and he will continue to do so because he has the right breeding operation in place and i know he's advancing each breeding cycle.

But it also works having multiple games going as well. I have 5 games going all from the same original combined one. But this was only because i rushed my stable first time around and wanted a full stable for the league.

I wish you luck in your game moving forward and anyone that puts time into this game should be rewarded with league results.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:48 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I guess this way of breeding Josh is all new to you been a TFF player with no real experience in breeding over a long period of time in one particular game.

What i mean by WONDERMARES is that they are your own and not the game mares and breeding with the right stallions and this isn't the stallion by the way who progresses these line it's your mare. This is a tried and tested method which as always worked for me playing the game 10 years ago. It's even more so now with SO7.

I guess it's all LUCK that all my horses in these trails are just down to been lucky right? And no real thought or preparation for months have gone into fine turning my breeding operation to where it's at now.

You don't need to be playing multiple games look at Leon. 1 game and we've all seen what he did last season and he will continue to do so because he has the right breeding operation in place and i know he's advancing each breeding cycle.

But it also works having multiple games going as well. I have 5 games going all from the same original combined one. But this was only because i rushed my stable first time around and wanted a full stable for the league.

I wish you luck in your game moving forward and anyone that puts time into this game should be rewarded with league results.

Yep totally new, it is like I have never played the game before, o lordly please bring back the TFF that did everything for me, bred my horses, trained my horses, magically improved the bars for me and allowed me to just sit back and drink beer.......................o wait it did none of those things. Really wow, just wow. Honestly it never ceased to amaze me how people seem to think those who used the TFF only had success because of it, given all it allowed you to do was use the same horses multiple times, you understand you had to breed them in the first place right?, both my SO6 games had hundreds of seasons in them, hundreds and hundreds, even with the TFF it took a stupid amount of time and effort to acheive any degree of sucess. I cannot decide if it is extreme arrogance or extreme naivety from the old players who have an continued air of superiority.

If you don't want to beleive that a computer game based on coded algorithms has a healthy slice of luck involved in the outcomes then thats up to you just as if you want to beleive that an experienced player is flatly wrong in his assessment that some games produced better CK horses than others thats fine too, personally I like to share my experiences as there maybe someone else in the same boat who can benefit from the opinion as they cannot work out why they cannot improve their league horses. You make it sound like there is some magic skill in this, that your actually a professional trainer and bloodstock agent, you know it is just a silly computer game right?

I do not agree with the wondermare point, for a number of reasons I have proven in game, but then I am not really sure it makes any difference at this stage either, it is not all luck, nor is it all skill, you need both and you need to bring those elements into your favour with a healthy whack of time too, simple really, I expect you think there no luck in card games either :)

Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:38 pm
Group 2 winner

You can't take generations of horses back to breed with different generations without the TFF. That is what the TFF brought, an easy way of keeping lines strong. Without the TFF it is much tougher to keep lines going (you're saying this yourself), so surely you see the link between you now struggling to keep your lines going, an the TFF being taken away. Your original post was about how the breeding is tedious an it's almost impossible to keep lines going. I'm not sure what proof you have on the wonder mares too, but if you get a mare that is only average in the CK but has 3 or 4 really top class colts in her lines. Colts that have increased your lines at some point. These tend to be the wonder mares, and it's not throwing darts by keeping them, you find out very quickly if they work so van get rid of the ones that dont work. But almost all of my best horses come from these mares. They work, that's not luck, that's taking the odds and making them more in your favour by doing the right things.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Actually my first post was not about breeding tedium or difficulty in keeping lines going, it was more about there being nothing to improve my lines coming through the game, mostly my flat game, and a game pool that was actually degrading organically within a handful of game horses who were not CK horses. Yes the TFF would have allowed me to have multiple versions of a horse like Belladona to breed with, but her line is not dead, it was finally rekindled by my ledger winner the Hooded Claw breeding with one of her failed daughters, and I now have about 8 to 10 horses that look just about as good as she is/was. But that is still standing still, and nothing from that line does anything to improve my shorter distance horses, keeping a line going is entirely different from improving one.

And I cannot speak for anyone else, but I rarely used the TFF to mix old lines with new, as that’s not progressive either, I used it within one of two generations to just increase the percentage of getting a favourable outcome in a breed, breeding the best with the best inside one or two generations and ditching everything that I had moved beyond. And that’s not taking into consideration the work done along side of that to uplift a bar and then slowly mix that into your lines. I ditch less now to keep the numbers up, and accept the older generations may degrade the current one, but all the TFF did is allow you to progress faster and with a higher probability of success.

And I do not disagree with the point that there are certain average trial horses who produce much better than themselves consistently but there not all mares, there is nothing magic about mares over colts, I have more wonder colts who have produced so many more good horses than the one of two you get from the life time of a mare, if anything in all my wondermares if we can call them that, there is a wonder colt who produced her.

Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Actually my first post was not about breeding tedium or difficulty in keeping lines going, it was more about there being nothing to improve my lines coming through the game, mostly my flat game, and a game pool that was actually degrading organically within a handful of game horses who were not CK horses. Yes the TFF would have allowed me to have multiple versions of a horse like Belladona to breed with, but her line is not dead, it was finally rekindled by my ledger winner the Hooded Claw breeding with one of her failed daughters, and I now have about 8 to 10 horses that look just about as good as she is/was. But that is still standing still, and nothing from that line does anything to improve my shorter distance horses, keeping a line going is entirely different from improving one.

And I cannot speak for anyone else, but I rarely used the TFF to mix old lines with new, as that’s not progressive either, I used it within one of two generations to just increase the percentage of getting a favourable outcome in a breed, breeding the best with the best inside one or two generations and ditching everything that I had moved beyond. And that’s not taking into consideration the work done along side of that to uplift a bar and then slowly mix that into your lines. I ditch less now to keep the numbers up, and accept the older generations may degrade the current one, but all the TFF did is allow you to progress faster and with a higher probability of success.

And I do not disagree with the point that there are certain average trial horses who produce much better than themselves consistently but there not all mares, there is nothing magic about mares over colts, I have more wonder colts who have produced so many more good horses than the one of two you get from the life time of a mare, if anything in all my wondermares if we can call them that, there is a wonder colt who produced her.

Give me a great colt over a great filly any day. :D :D

Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:28 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:

Yep totally new, it is like I have never played the game before, o lordly please bring back the TFF that did everything for me, bred my horses, trained my horses, magically improved the bars for me and allowed me to just sit back and drink beer.......................o wait it did none of those things. Really wow, just wow. Honestly it never ceased to amaze me how people seem to think those who used the TFF only had success because of it, given all it allowed you to do was use the same horses multiple times, you understand you had to breed them in the first place right?, both my SO6 games had hundreds of seasons in them, hundreds and hundreds, even with the TFF it took a stupid amount of time and effort to acheive any degree of sucess. I cannot decide if it is extreme arrogance or extreme naivety from the old players who have an continued air of superiority.

If you don't want to beleive that a computer game based on coded algorithms has a healthy slice of luck involved in the outcomes then thats up to you just as if you want to beleive that an experienced player is flatly wrong in his assessment that some games produced better CK horses than others thats fine too, personally I like to share my experiences as there maybe someone else in the same boat who can benefit from the opinion as they cannot work out why they cannot improve their league horses. You make it sound like there is some magic skill in this, that your actually a professional trainer and bloodstock agent, you know it is just a silly computer game right?

I do not agree with the wondermare point, for a number of reasons I have proven in game, but then I am not really sure it makes any difference at this stage either, it is not all luck, nor is it all skill, you need both and you need to bring those elements into your favour with a healthy whack of time too, simple really, I expect you think there no luck in card games either :)

I'll keep in brief, we seem to be going around in circles here and it's not healthy for the forum.

My first comment wasn't to discredit you in any way. You've taken this out of context. I applaud anyone who puts the hours into this game.

Never have I ever came across to anyone on here in that way of been arrogant. I've always been confident of my abilities to breed league horses. If you call that arrogant your having a laugh.

All I've ever done since playing this game many moons ago is try and help people advance on how to improve for the league.

It seem's you dismiss any advice and say it doesn't work, it's been tried and tested. Well i disagree with this completely.

Peace out.

Last edited by Hemz on Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:29 am
Handicapper

I would love some advice here, i know you top trainers have given plenty of useful advice, but i just cant get around to making a good horse honestly. I find it difficult to understand all this breeding program.

Lets say i bred 5 yearlings and the are different preferred distances. How am i suppose to trial them if i got nothing to trial with them?

I seem to be doing something terribly wrong as youve seen in the trials.

I dont think ill ever get close to be winning a listed race even!

If anyone can explain about starting off the game to be in with of a chance to win a big race.

Thank you guys

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next