View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 SEASON 2 SO7 TRIALS DAY 1 DECS AUGUST 21st 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: SEASON 2 SO7 TRIALS DAY 1 DECS AUGUST 21st
jockeyryan321 wrote:
I would love some advice here, i know you top trainers have given plenty of useful advice, but i just cant get around to making a good horse honestly. I find it difficult to understand all this breeding program.

Lets say i bred 5 yearlings and the are different preferred distances. How am i suppose to trial them if i got nothing to trial with them?

I seem to be doing something terribly wrong as youve seen in the trials.

I dont think ill ever get close to be winning a listed race even!

If anyone can explain about starting off the game to be in with of a chance to win a big race.

Thank you guys

Hi Ryan.

I've sent you a PM.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:49 am
Group 1 winner

jockeyryan321 wrote:
I would love some advice here, i know you top trainers have given plenty of useful advice, but i just cant get around to making a good horse honestly. I find it difficult to understand all this breeding program.

Lets say i bred 5 yearlings and the are different preferred distances. How am i suppose to trial them if i got nothing to trial with them?

I seem to be doing something terribly wrong as youve seen in the trials.

I dont think ill ever get close to be winning a listed race even!

If anyone can explain about starting off the game to be in with of a chance to win a big race.

Thank you guys

Hang in there, Ryan and it will click.
I can't help you because I don't play the game at all but there are some good ideas above to get you on track.
It seems like you have to go by trial results more than race results for your stable horses BUT you need to go by race results for the game bred horses to find the right mares and stallions to breed from.
Well that is how it seems to come across to me.

Doug.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:30 am
Handicapper

Hi Craig,

Where did you send the pm? i cant seem to find it.

Thanks Doug, just find it very annoying as im not improving at all since last season.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:31 pm
Group 1 winner

It should be on the top tab where it says new messages. Click on that to view your messages

Craig will give you good advice. He has been around a long time and was champion trainer for a number of seasons

Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:52 pm
Handicapper

yes found it, thanks leon.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:54 pm
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Actually my first post was not about breeding tedium or difficulty in keeping lines going, it was more about there being nothing to improve my lines coming through the game, mostly my flat game, and a game pool that was actually degrading organically within a handful of game horses who were not CK horses. Yes the TFF would have allowed me to have multiple versions of a horse like Belladona to breed with, but her line is not dead, it was finally rekindled by my ledger winner the Hooded Claw breeding with one of her failed daughters, and I now have about 8 to 10 horses that look just about as good as she is/was. But that is still standing still, and nothing from that line does anything to improve my shorter distance horses, keeping a line going is entirely different from improving one.

And I cannot speak for anyone else, but I rarely used the TFF to mix old lines with new, as that’s not progressive either, I used it within one of two generations to just increase the percentage of getting a favourable outcome in a breed, breeding the best with the best inside one or two generations and ditching everything that I had moved beyond. And that’s not taking into consideration the work done along side of that to uplift a bar and then slowly mix that into your lines. I ditch less now to keep the numbers up, and accept the older generations may degrade the current one, but all the TFF did is allow you to progress faster and with a higher probability of success.

And I do not disagree with the point that there are certain average trial horses who produce much better than themselves consistently but there not all mares, there is nothing magic about mares over colts, I have more wonder colts who have produced so many more good horses than the one of two you get from the life time of a mare, if anything in all my wondermares if we can call them that, there is a wonder colt who produced her.

I think you're missing the point slightly sorry. The TFF (along with all stats visible) meant you could take generations and go back to breed with other generations, BUT and its a big but, and it's what almost everyone used it for, you knew exactly what stats bars you needed to take back and breed into your lines. Now without the bars, its a visual exercise. You have to identify what is lacking from your best breeding colts and mares and add that in. Using your eyes as the old stats bars if you want. Currently all my horses drop out and finish off like trains, think I finished placed in all the trials, and everyone was pretty much finishing the fastest. So I have started adding breeding mares in with my very best colts who have comments such as 'Restrained early, front rank half way'. This tells me the cruising ability to bring it into the race is there, and that's what I need. If you keep doing that, and using mares (or colts for that matter) that are holding all your old improving horses, i.e horses that have added a certain stat in the past to your lines (these are the wonder mares that keep getting mentioned) personally I just call them incubators. They're sitting on all the stats you need without ever producing too much themselves but pass on those abilities, and adding this new ability is what takes the lines on through them.

This will always give you better results than just blindly breeding your best mares with your best colts. If I have a super filly who wins all my trials but has exactly the same running style as my super colt who wins all my trials too, they get 2 seasons breeding together, she's then passed onto the next best colt that has a different running style, therefore different attributes so I can add more into my lines. This is exactly what was being done with all the stats bars when you could see them in the past, it's now just being done from watching races and taking your time to pay attention to what you're adding to your lines. I've not really stagnated once doing this. I did massively stagnate when I was experimenting with just my best colt with my best filly though.

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:20 pm
Group 1 winner

I've have been trying to get something from this OZ gamebred in my three games and finally after about 100 mares he finally gave me a good horse to work with. :D :D

I thought he was going to be a 2m4 chaser but luckily I dropped him down to two miles :D :D I tried him against my top two miles chasers and he beat them so hopefully i'll get the chance to breed to him before the league season. He must be the first game stallion that has improved any of my jumpers and I'm glad I was right about him in the end.

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:57 pm
Group 1 winner

How’s he trial? Everything that is full speed for me and I get excited about turns out to be a donkey at trial.

Not turned out a horse for weeks myself was working on two new stables before deciding to get a little end of summer sun in Greece.

Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:14 pm
Group 3 winner

He was as good as my top 2 milers so perhaps he might add something to my horses if I get the chance to breed some before the next league. I don't take that much notice of those bars because I think it only tells u who are bad ( missing something) rather than tell u who's good.

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:43 am
Group 1 winner

Yep there an indicator nothing more

Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6