View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Trials Day 2 - Trainers Notes 
Group 2 winner

Post Re: Trials Day 2 - Trainers Notes
HollieP wrote:
I was VERY happy with my runners. Knew the 1m6 was not up to it and the only one who ran badly from my perspective.

Will try to improve a few more and get together a full stable for the flat to compete in handicaps.

Might have a look at some NH runner's after that

Thanks for the races and the amazing commentaries!!! I couldn't do those

Your horses did extremely well for a first time entrant and you will be competing in higher grade races than handicaps with some based on those performances.

Definitely put some in the NH as its wide open and a lot of fun. My horse that won the 4yo hurdle was flat horse and had never jumped a hurdle in the game.

Thanks for the kind words about the commentaries. If you fancy having a go we can always use some extra help.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Martin I've done the comms before for previous league seasons and would love to get involved again. Let me know if and when you want me to do some.

Hollie - well done, unreal performance for your first season!

As for me, some disappointing runs in the NH sphere but that was very ground related. The flat produced a fair few 6-8th place finishes but American Woman ran a blinder in the 14f race to finish a close third - this is a distance I entered just to have a runner so to suddenly think I might have some challengers at that distance is exciting.

Then there was Living Legend who made my day and made it all worthwhile. He is a beast over 5f at 2yo and over 6f at 3yo. Not decided what age to enter him at for the league but hopefully he will help me get some improvements by the time the league starts.

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:32 pm
Group 2 winner

HurricaneRun wrote:
Martin I've done the comms before for previous league seasons and would love to get involved again. Let me know if and when you want me to do some.

Hollie - well done, unreal performance for your first season!

As for me, some disappointing runs in the NH sphere but that was very ground related. The flat produced a fair few 6-8th place finishes but American Woman ran a blinder in the 14f race to finish a close third - this is a distance I entered just to have a runner so to suddenly think I might have some challengers at that distance is exciting.

Then there was Living Legend who made my day and made it all worthwhile. He is a beast over 5f at 2yo and over 6f at 3yo. Not decided what age to enter him at for the league but hopefully he will help me get some improvements by the time the league starts.

Mate you are already on board. We will have a chat closer to season start and sort out how much everyone can do etc. Only reason I have just done the trials on my own is so we could get a quick turn around with just me and Gray doing it without having different race runners and comms etc.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Lordedaw wrote:
HollieP wrote:
I was VERY happy with my runners. Knew the 1m6 was not up to it and the only one who ran badly from my perspective.

Will try to improve a few more and get together a full stable for the flat to compete in handicaps.

Might have a look at some NH runner's after that

Thanks for the races and the amazing commentaries!!! I couldn't do those

Your horses did extremely well for a first time entrant and you will be competing in higher grade races than handicaps with some based on those performances.

Definitely put some in the NH as its wide open and a lot of fun. My horse that won the 4yo hurdle was flat horse and had never jumped a hurdle in the game.

Thanks for the kind words about the commentaries. If you fancy having a go we can always use some extra help.

Haha really?

Well I couldn't get art money to work, I'm sure it's easy but not fit me. So I had a few reverse forecasts on 33/1 and 33/1 1st and 2nds. Then I bought every group winning mare, some looked awful and never produced anything with any ability haha. But gradually my mares got better and then I was lucky enough to find a stallion who had 223 G1 winners by the time he retired at 20 and that's where all my 1m-2m horses came from.

I've been so bored the last six months and have to shield, so this has been a good distraction at times. Though I hate trialing 2yo's and also get a bit down when 70+ of them are useless. But I guess it's the same for everyone and I've taken on some of the advice people were kind to give when I felt a bit deflated a few weeks ago.

Cleared out the mares who have never produced anything and it was a big help knowing some horse's are better at breeding certain distances and crap at others.

The comms add something really amazing and are great as well! I won't be adding me voice though, I've only been watching racing a few years and would be too embarrassed

Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:51 pm
Group 1 winner

I have literally spent the last 20 seasons or so banging my head against the wall with my flat game, trialling hundreds and hundreds of crap horses, breeding thousands and thousand more who bascially are all exactly the same as the ones before, 75% 2yo god how I hate 75% 2yo's. It is a cloning programe really and a totally pointless waste of time I could be better spending catching Leon on the NH.

So I totally share your pain :)

Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I have literally spent the last 20 seasons or so banging my head against the wall with my flat game, trialling hundreds and hundreds of crap horses, breeding thousands and thousand more who bascially are all exactly the same as the ones before, 75% 2yo god how I hate 75% 2yo's. It is a cloning programe really and a totally pointless waste of time I could be better spending catching Leon on the NH.

So I totally share your pain :)

Oh mate me too BIGTIME its a nightmare ha I honestly think on the flat I have got everything I can out of the game I cant find
any improvement just horses at about the same level as last year.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I am about to do what will be my last set of flat trials, after which I am retiring the game and I have finally decided to give a combined stable a whirl. Doubt it will produce anything for this go around though.

Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2